Anyone from EternityRO?

Started by Akasuna, Aug 11, 2011, 07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akasuna

Hello, anybody from EternityRO still around? If so are you guys playing on another server or waiting for EternityRO to make a come back?

yC

I thought they are still alive ... no? not anymore?  *Checks website* ... oh I see, what happened there?  Last time I heard, which was a month or two ago, they are thinking of remaking or wiping (v4 now?).

Akasuna

Nope, it's gone for now. Yes, there's rumors of a v4 in the making. Apparently some corrupted GM deleted everything I think it was like GM Adria? Or something. I'm not 100% sure on the details, but that's what I've heard. Are you from EternityRO?

yC

Honestly I think I tried there only for a few days a few wipes ago lol.  Can't say I am from it.

Akasuna

During v2? EternityRO was big during v2 and most of the people from LegacyRO migrated to there after LegacyRO died. I wonder where they went tbh. I don't see any sign of Nabz or any other guys from LegacyRO still around. Do you still play RO?

blaiblou

YES, YES, YES! I am from eternityRO!

All the way from v1 to v3. Have to say I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have, but such is the way of life.

Oh such an amazing server, I cannot wait for v4. If it does launch, I'm absolutely(hopefully I'll have time) gonna play it.

Akasuna

Cool, I never played v3. I just played v2 tbh. Yeah, I know what you mean. Erm, well as it seems the site is down and the forums are down. Any news on what's going on? Is EternityRO finally done for?

Judgement

I thought people were waiting for EternityRO to return since like, the beginning of the year.  lol
Super Smash Brothers 64!

Chojiro

I thought giving two guilds super items would balance competition.
beep beep

Akasuna

Quote from: Judgement on Nov 17, 2011, 03:34 AM
I thought people were waiting for EternityRO to return since like, the beginning of the year.  lol

They have been and from the looks of it, it's officially done for. I know some of the people moved on to other servers like heRO, blazeRO, and neuRO. I know neuRO closed, so idk where those people went as well as those who were waiting for the server to reopen.

Quote from: Chojiro on Nov 18, 2011, 01:40 PM
I thought giving two guilds super items would balance competition.

^Is that why the server closed? I heard something like that, but I'm not sure. I wasn't around at that point.

Thoth

I used the name Luned back then, and The Smoking Nun (gunslinger). moved on to lumina which is on its deathbed, and neuro which died utterly.
now everyone is scattered to the winds.
some startup managed to monopolize on neuro death and snag some people. cavalero already shows signs of inevitable failure though.
the hardcore BG types have gone to "Battle of Midgard" suber high rate with its excellent ranking system and arbitrary gm punishments..
theres just no obvious choice right now.

Quote from: Akasuna on Aug 12, 2011, 05:31 AM
Nope, it's gone for now. Yes, there's rumors of a v4 in the making. Apparently some corrupted GM deleted everything I think it was like GM Adria? Or something. I'm not 100% sure on the details, but that's what I've heard. Are you from EternityRO?
karei killed it by giving himself god items and playing woe, then screwing server over when he got hatespammed.
no idea what happened after that, as I left as well.
if someone actually gave Adria that kindof power, they must've wanted server to die. if there was ever a GM that had PMS attacks, its her.

blaiblou

Seriously. Why do people hate Karei that much? I haven't seen a better admin in my whole RO lifetime. Never. I played in many good servers, about three more than great ones, and only one of them had great Staff, that's eternityRO.

Yeah they must have had problems, but they're human, that is bound to happen one time or another, and they were working for free. Would you hold yourself and keep it cool when you're doing volunteer work for a community who hardly if ever appreciates all the time(your time, which could have been spent in earning money) and effort you put into it?
I like to think myself as a person who stands out among the crowd in terms of following reason, but I don't know how I would react getting pressure from a very large number of people. And when I mention pressure, that's pure hate you'll get.

Hmm.. but so it seems the website is down. Have been trying to connect in some time to no avail. Just stumbled across one website which supposedly tells you if the website is down for sure or if it's a problem between you and the domain. The answer was it's down.
I guess only time will tell whether or not it's ever coming back on again.
If it does, and the news get to me, I'll most probably be there.

At any rate, eternityRO was a outstandingly great server in my opinion, and it shall stay in my memory as such, for as long as I can keep it. Safely guarded as one of the three most amazing RO servers ever to cross my way.

Master Kush

i also was going there but since it seems its not going to happen. I was wondering where did all the ppl go!!? if there is some low rate with no op customs and has player base above 500 post here so i can join there too! :P

Judgement

Quote from: Master Kush on Dec 01, 2011, 12:15 AM
i also was going there but since it seems its not going to happen. I was wondering where did all the ppl go!!? if there is some low rate with no op customs and has player base above 500 post here so i can join there too! :P
AtlantisRO.  Have fun learning spanish.  ;D
Super Smash Brothers 64!