Anyone from EternityRO?

Started by Akasuna, Aug 11, 2011, 07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orgi

EthernityRo was a great server. I had very good times on this server and Crystaldown. I'm a little bit sad about that I have no contact with these guys anymore.

Atm I play on OriginsRo, this server isn't so good as EthernityRo was, but it has potential.

Wheel

Quote from: Playtester on Sep 16, 2014, 06:40 AM
Yeah troll us more, Wheels! =p

But hey, the website has been updated: http://www.eternityro.net/

"Something is stirring"

That's a long stir.

Sachimi

Oh hey, Wheel. I actually (this year) showed one of your MvP videos to people on Talon to help convince them that WS is good for MvPing.

Sophia

If Eternity came back, or a server like it, do you think it would even get players in 2019?
I know I'd play it, but, I don't know the community enough anymore to know if it'd have any population...

Akasuna

Quote from: Sophia on Oct 31, 2019, 08:17 PM
If Eternity came back, or a server like it, do you think it would even get players in 2019?
I know I'd play it, but, I don't know the community enough anymore to know if it'd have any population...

Wow, I made this thread years ago and stopped keeping up with it, I'm surprised it's still getting posts. I guess that goes to show you how popular that server really was...

I mean I thiiink, it's still possible to pull like 1k, as I recall EternityRO easily surpassed that at certain points, so no. I don't think we'd get as many players. We might get a decent amount though, but the problem is that most of these servers are short lived, I played on a bunch of servers that were suppose to be the next "EternityRO" they usually lasted 1-2 years and then died. I'm not trying to discourage you or anything, I'm just saying don't keep your hopes up.

Sachimi

Quote from: Akasuna on Nov 02, 2019, 11:29 AM
Wow, I made this thread years ago and stopped keeping up with it, I'm surprised it's still getting posts. I guess that goes to show you how popular that server really was...

I mean I thiiink, it's still possible to pull like 1k, as I recall EternityRO easily surpassed that at certain points, so no. I don't think we'd get as many players. We might get a decent amount though, but the problem is that most of these servers are short lived, I played on a bunch of servers that were suppose to be the next "EternityRO" they usually lasted 1-2 years and then died. I'm not trying to discourage you or anything, I'm just saying don't keep your hopes up.

The real question is, why would you want Karei to run another server? He did a ton of shady s*** including manipulating WoE, selling GM-made items on a "legit", lying to the population to get more donation money, theft of donation money, and more. Karei lied to the population and the team about updates and backups too. The only worse person you could get to run a server is Cookie, and that's debatable.

Playtester

I don't think there is a high enough population anymore to get 1000 players unless you draw the players from outside the RO community. Like if you're a popular streamer, you probably could mobilize people to play an MMORPG with you. But then again that might motivate Gravity to take the corresponding steps to take the server down.

Akasuna

Quote from: Sachimi on Nov 03, 2019, 01:38 AM
The real question is, why would you want Karei to run another server? He did a ton of shady s*** including manipulating WoE, selling GM-made items on a "legit", lying to the population to get more donation money, theft of donation money, and more. Karei lied to the population and the team about updates and backups too. The only worse person you could get to run a server is Cookie, and that's debatable.

I don't think I said I would go back to a Karei server? Cookie was the ggRO guy, right?

Quote from: Playtester on Nov 06, 2019, 06:47 AM
I don't think there is a high enough population anymore to get 1000 players unless you draw the players from outside the RO community. Like if you're a popular streamer, you probably could mobilize people to play an MMORPG with you. But then again that might motivate Gravity to take the corresponding steps to take the server down.

OriginsRO hits the 2k mark sometimes, Ragna0 is close to the 1k mark, TalonRO goes over the 1k mark sometimes. Although without merchants I think the only one that goes over the 1k mark is OriginsRO right now.

Playtester

Quote from: Akasuna on Nov 19, 2019, 04:27 PMOriginsRO hits the 2k mark sometimes, Ragna0 is close to the 1k mark, TalonRO goes over the 1k mark sometimes. Although without merchants I think the only one that goes over the 1k mark is OriginsRO right now.
I meant "If you open a new server now".

Also OriginsRO has 600 non-autotrade players right now, Ragna0 is at 238 players and TalonRO has 1k, but it used to be 5k for a long time, so you can definitely see the massive decline there.

Not to mention that even RMS is basically dead. We used to have daily server discussion posts, now the last post is over a month old.

Also neither Ragna0 nor TalonRO are close-to-official pre-renewal servers.

dahman

Quote from: Playtester on Dec 19, 2019, 08:54 AM
I meant "If you open a new server now".

Also OriginsRO has 600 non-autotrade players right now,

depends (like on every server) on the main-time.

right now it is indeed close to 1k

also the "online today" number is quite interesing (unique accounts that loged in on the current day)

i guess except TalonRo and OriginsRo there are no other big Pserver out there.
if u look for a donation server with "latest" pre renewal episode = TalonRo
if u look for a non donation server and you are ok with the progression update style (currently on 10.1) = OriginsRo is the way to go

Wheel

Quote from: Sachimi on Oct 26, 2019, 11:29 PM
Oh hey, Wheel. I actually (this year) showed one of your MvP videos to people on Talon to help convince them that WS is good for MvPing.

Sorry... I just read this now.

Thank you! I developed better my build and skills with time, but it has been a while since I played this game. I even found a good server just to kill some time... BrawlRO, high rate drops and exp, 99/70.

Yeah, WS is very good for MvPing specially if you have a decent support. If you have @warp or a warper, WS might not compete, but if you are MvPing in a place like eRO or a server without warper, a well equiped WS is very competitive. I used to beat 90%+ of all my competitors, specially with my brother as a HP support. It is hard to compete with low hp MvPs, such as GTB, Gopinich, Garm, etc... but still fun.

I remember when we had a MvP event where I basically won all of them with my WS for general monsters and with my Champion for high-end, such as Ktullanux, etc.

I miss killing MvPs... I think no one else killed more than 3k Lord of Death and only dropped one IP, even on official servers.

Quote from: Sophia on Oct 31, 2019, 08:17 PM

I won't be a top competitor in MvPs anymore due to real life events, but definitely would play! I don't even think I would be able to reach even 1b anymore... *looking at myself with 10b before the last wipe*

Flex

Its been a while since I played RO. Nostalgic!

Sohee

Quote from: Lunalepsy on Aug 20, 2015, 09:42 PM
eRO... So many memories!
I wonder if there's still ppl around from Failboat and Entity.  /lv

Way too late but I just stumbled upon this thread. And wow, took me 10 years to at least get an idea of how it all went down.

So yeah, Lunalepsy, I was on Failboat too. I was Ahn So Hee the HW. Who were you there?
There was this forum (Invisionfree I think) that I used to get a hold of some guildies then but it's been years since I've actually seen it.

Lunalepsy

Quote from: Sohee on Apr 09, 2021, 06:30 AM
Way too late but I just stumbled upon this thread. And wow, took me 10 years to at least get an idea of how it all went down.

So yeah, Lunalepsy, I was on Failboat too. I was Ahn So Hee the HW. Who were you there?
There was this forum (Invisionfree I think) that I used to get a hold of some guildies then but it's been years since I've actually seen it.

Hey you! I think my name around that time was Myrel. I used to hang out with Shikuchi3Step, FlamingRaven, Sefran, Sharu, CandyApple, and some other ppl as well.

shikuchi3step

Quote from: Lunalepsy on May 06, 2022, 07:42 PM
Hey you! I think my name around that time was Myrel. I used to hang out with Shikuchi3Step, FlamingRaven, Sefran, Sharu, CandyApple, and some other ppl as well.

Arkyyyy!! OMG please tell me you're alive!! Is ANYONE ELSE from Eternity still alive?!

My ign was ( Shikuchi3step / Panda Boy )

I'm from Crystal's Failboat guild and was their in-house Asura Champion for quite a while.
My Signature Look was a Pink Champion with a Panda Hat and Romantic Leaf.

I miss the v3 era sooo much  /sob I miss everyone ~

P.S - please excuse the necro-bumping/posting, this nostalgic's heart aches for a moment lost in time.