Anyone from aeRO[mayaan] by iambean

Started by jerold_rg, Dec 14, 2012, 05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerold_rg

/no1
is there any one from this server haha.. i miss playing this server.. been member of Espada and Infragilis but for short time.. Sub GM of Limitation

Greed

Holy s***, nostalgia all over the place. This will forever be the server that represents RO in my mind. I played from like '06 to '09. Threw a couple hundred in donations over those years easy. Everyone knew me as ShinRa from Mugiwara Kaizoku on my Champion. We caused so much drama with the pinoys and and I pretty much lived in the PvP maps.

Everyone screaming macro at everyone else when we PvP'd. There was the 190 atkspd bug from Marionette Control giving more stats than it should have. And towards the end when there was a huge influx of god items that everyone swore were being duped.

I remember as I left, I ended up giving over 55,000 berries, 2 dozen gods, and I can't even count how much zeny or how many custom items to my guild.

So many good memories from that server. They had it right.

QuoteKorii says:
Except for the small fact that you are crazy
Keena says:
;__;
SILENCE, MORTAL.

BuBuChaCha

i hated infragilis with a passion because it was full of a****** pinoys, or probably that was just me.

i go with the name Chacha ishii the high priest on Mayaan and i played aeRO since 2005 till it died. i should say 2005~2007 (when aeRo's still using freya) were the best aeRO years (everyone is an LK/SinX, OP ice pick, brazilians vs. pinoys PvP wars, anatolian guild, etc.). its death really didn't affect me much, but everytime someone mentions aeRO, i feel a bit nostalgic. i tired going on similar/clone servers, but they're either short-lived or has a horrible community.

IIRC, elliryx made his own server a long time ago. i wonder what happened to it...

Axiom

Ryie from Mayaan here. I might've started around '06 and left a little before aeRO died due to work and college and stuff. I ran with Mugiwara Kaizoku early on before starting my own guild and then landed a GM gig for Mayaan if anyone remembers.

I tried Elliryx's place a year or so after aeRO shut down. Obviously given my history with him and his cronies (Banned a good number of their major members after catching them exploit a serious donation NPC bug), it didn't go well. I'd call him out on his bad calls/BS, and they were waiting on an excuse to ban me since the day I joined.

I left the place and helped Winter Sonata with his own server, just to say I could do a better job of running a server than Elliryx ever could. Mechanics-wise, Winter's place emulated much of what Mayaan had going, and then we built up. With the server's success, I branched out to open my own place that featured Renewal, and then advertised enough to be sure he'd hear about it.

Not too long after, Elliryx decided to adopt Renewal mechanics. Into his high rate server. With his hundreds of overpowered custom items that would no way in hell work with Renewal classes. Needless to say, his players weren't happy. He rolled back, ran wipes and such and his people just never came back.

Good times. And yes, I hated Infragilis. And Espada. And Aelos. Actually, I hate their entire line. They seemed to be the same people anyway.

Chu! Ragnarok Online - Your world, your way.

BuBuChaCha

Quote from: Axiom on Mar 09, 2013, 08:20 AM
Ryie from Mayaan here. I might've started around '06 and left a little before aeRO died due to work and college and stuff. I ran with Mugiwara Kaizoku early on before starting my own guild and then landed a GM gig for Mayaan if anyone remembers.

I tried Elliryx's place a year or so after aeRO shut down. Obviously given my history with him and his cronies, it didn't go well. I'd call him out on his bad calls/BS, and they were waiting on an excuse to ban me since the day I joined.

I left the place and helped Winter Sonata with his own server, just to say I could do a better job of running a server than Elliryx ever could. Mechanics-wise, Winter's place emulated much of what Mayaan had going, and then we built up. With the server's success, I branched out to open my own place that featured Renewal, and then advertised enough to be sure he'd hear about it.

Not too long after, Elliryx decided to adopt Renewal mechanics. Into his high rate server. With his hundreds of overpowered custom items that would no way in hell work with Renewal classes. Needless to say, his players weren't happy. He rolled back, ran wipes and such and his people just never came back.

Good times. And yes, I hated Infragilis. And Espada. And Aelos. Actually, I hate their entire line. They seemed to be the same people anyway.

hey! you probably still know me back then. you're a cool guy who did art commissions there.

is winter sonata's server still alive? and is chu-ro the "branched out" server you're talking about?

Axiom

Yeah of course I remember you. You were a wonderful artist yourself! It was actually mostly my ex that did the art and I'd collaborate on occasion. We got ridiculously rich quickly that way.

Winter's server LykanRO shut down about a month ago after four years of operation. It was strong for the first three years, but a string of problems with hosts, finances and an eventual wipe killed the population. The surviving few were either hostile or complete crooks. Kenjo and I just didn't see the place as sustainable or capable of further growth anymore so he made the executive decision to close down.

Chu's my second attempt, actually. My first was Cerulean Sky three years ago. I kept it up and running for a good year peaking at a hundred users or so. I passed ownership to Flair (former Espada if anyone remembers), and he managed to keep the place alive for about another three-four months before he shut it down due to lack of funding.

I started Chu about a month ago. Mayaan style servers left a bad taste in my mouth because it seemed to be the type of place that attracted people I didn't want to have. Also, with Renewal classes and mechanics playable, 198 ASPD and instacasts didn't seem like a good idea. We stuck to keeping stat and level caps close to official, that way everything was more predictable.

I run the server with forner Mayaan Payonites/Forbidden Angels Andy, Kommie, and Livian/Yin. Winter Sonata also lends a hand in development from time to time, and Frankee drops by on occasion.

Nell

Was a member of the Payonites for a while.
My main was a biochem named Blueberry.

Axiom

Quote from: Nell on May 10, 2013, 04:13 PM
Was a member of the Payonites for a while.
My main was a biochem named Blueberry.
Oh, damn.

I have two GMs on my server who were Payonites/Fallen Angels.

Kaion

Ah coincidence.. I too was a Forbidden Angel (Chanz guild) and have my own mayaan style server now..

july2394

i remember this server, although i played Keenan. well this was one of the best servers i've played. :]  my reply was kinda off

Zeidan

Quote from: Greed on Dec 26, 2012, 08:07 PM
Holy s***, nostalgia all over the place. This will forever be the server that represents RO in my mind. I played from like '06 to '09. Threw a couple hundred in donations over those years easy. Everyone knew me as ShinRa from Mugiwara Kaizoku on my Champion. We caused so much drama with the pinoys and and I pretty much lived in the PvP maps.

I remember you well. I harassed you for a while in PvP because you kept killing Sangelo (not sure if you remember). No hard feelings though, it was fun times.

Quote from: Axiom on Mar 10, 2013, 04:14 AM
Yeah of course I remember you. You were a wonderful artist yourself! It was actually mostly my ex that did the art and I'd collaborate on occasion. We got ridiculously rich quickly that way.

I remember you too. I think your girlfriend's name was Yanilyn or something like that? Her art was impressive. I always wanted her to draw my character but I think she stopped taking requests at one point.

It would be nice if we could reunite as many ex-aeRO players as possible and re-create the server(s) the way they used to be. It's unfortunate that the aeRO name is currently being used by a server that looks like nothing aeRO really was. I'm not sure how well they're currently doing, though.

Axiom

Funny you should mention it. We've been toying with the idea of building something like Mayaan and GStyle/Albert said he last heard Moe, Jat and Ethan wanting to get everyone back together.

I think I have the room to host another Mayaan clone but a lot of stuff's changed since then and I lost track of most of Mayaan's old settings. If you're up for pushing for it though, just PM me or something.

ecdarreola

Oh old aero, mayaan lol! What I like most of the server before was because of its novice suit. Haha! Just it :D This is where I first fall inlove of custom items. Chii Ears  /lv

Ragnarok Classic - Bringing you back in time
An Episode 8.2 Ragnarok Server

Kamuix777

I'm Alucardx777/ Shiro Kamui I held FA's leadership when chanz left the server for a while now i help run Chu! RO with Axiom and i do miss the original Ae Mayaan if it wasn't for Ae i wouldn't be married and have a little girl right now

Axiom

I've put up a test area on my server that simulates Mayaan's stat and level caps. @blvl @jlvl @job and @item are available for regular players for testing purposes. Its mechanics follow pre-renewal like Mayaan should, but third classes are still available. I left them there to see if making them playable is viable under Mayaan's environment but they can be taken out whenever necessary. Drop by if you want and play around with the stuff.