BlackoutRO Review.

Started by Poobey, Nov 29, 2008, 01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poobey

Ah, BlackoutRO...a seemingly whole server with a decent community that supports WoE and PvP. Forums are active, people are friendly, GMs are helpful and hold events...seems like RO bliss. On the surface, bRO is a good server to start out on. In reality it's falling apart at the seams. The economy is failing for the third time, "veterans" run rampant, and the daily crashes; I would rather spend my hours shoving a stick down my throat.

Reasons Not to Touch bRO.

1)Don't get me started on the GMs. They can't keep a decent staff member, and if they happen to rope one, they fire him on unfair grounds. During the past two months more than five have left/been fired. The rest are robots, only doing what their superiors tell them to.

2) The administration is a biggie. The head can't even go piss without asking his right-hand man if he can. Sure one admin is fantastic, but the other completely overshadows their good-doings with unprofessional actions and comments.

3) The 'veteran's of bRO and also the populars are enough to make one gag. Commonly called the Brodas, this group of people can go around doing whatever they please, with a strong backing from their fellow GMs. Once they've blacklisted you, they intend to make you quit or get you banned permanently. It usually happens. Another thing to note, they don't have any decent players, they tend to get banned or leave because they are tired of bRO.

4) The lag! The economy! Most won't tell you the server has been wiped three times due to the economy being highly unstable. And once again, unless you intend to donate or spend 30+ hours farming gold for good gear, DON'T JOIN. Shall I mention the horrible lag for you people who don't live in the U.S.A.? Don't expect to be playing champion or anything that needs to spam with that sad 200+ ping.

Reasons you could come to bRO

1) The community is pretty decent. Unless you're not comfortable around pinoys, you should fit in if you're an attention monger. What? That's right, you have to actually reach out to make friends, since you're an auto-noob who has no personality because you're new.

Overall, this server stinks. Think I'm being harsh? This server is rough, I have never met a group of nastier people with no lives.

My Rating:
1/10

Have a good day.

PoisonWolf

Poobey,

I have a question for you, since you did not mention just how long you've been playing. Have you gotten banned from the server?

Cheers.

Anxiety

Strong words, coming from someone who wouldn't even consider giving us a glimpse or hint as to who you are, and what "wrong" you've committed to even be so hostile towards the server. If it wasn't so, this "review" wouldn't look so much as of a simple spite of hatred, for being banned for doing "wrong".

Poobey

Sounds like a threat to me. I don't have to disclose any of my information, all you need to know is that I'm a displeased individual.

Descent

Hmmm...it's a real shame that you have to suffer through all of that. I really hope you find a server for yourself.

*wonders if it's time to take the kid gloves off and take down another server through PVP with the old guildies...*

Edward

Quote from: Anxiety on Nov 29, 2008, 03:44 PM
Strong words, coming from someone who wouldn't even consider giving us a glimpse or hint as to who you are, and what "wrong" you've committed to even be so hostile towards the server. If it wasn't so, this "review" wouldn't look so much as of a simple spite of hatred, for being banned for doing "wrong".

Why do you put quotes around review and wrong?

Descent

Quote from: Edward on Nov 29, 2008, 06:26 PM
Quote from: Anxiety on Nov 29, 2008, 03:44 PM

Why do you put quotes around review and wrong?

Because it's probably a Staffer trying to save face.

Poobey

Allow me to verify that.

It is a staff member trying to save face.

Aris

i tried it out for a week (actually hated it the first day but i decided to give it a try) and well... you're right.

You

Having tried this server for about 2 hours a few weeks ago, I am amazed I managed to find absolutely zero redeeming qualities about this server before uninstalling it to save my skin from being torn out by a nail clipper in an attempt to lessen the agony.  This is impressive, because typically servers have at least one, which is that you can play RO on it.  There is absolutely no good first impression, and apparently, a future impression only worth writing about in the form of a bad review.

Edward

Lots of people had bad things to say about AnimaRO... the good things weren't said till it actually died. It might suck for you guys because it doesn't fit any of your preferences... but it fits other people's such as those who play BlackoutRO (not me).

Anxiety

People tend to have their preferences, although it might be of unimportance to you, those who didn't enjoy your time, many of the players on Blackout seem to have spent a large amount of time enjoying our server, instead of being "quick-to-judge".

Yes, I'm indeed a "Staffer" from Blackout ( The infamous one at that ), but what difference does it make if I had made an anonymous account just to try and save face for my server? Let-alone insult it from afar, with no grounds of why I might possibly store such anger. To those of you who replied here, proclaiming you've played, please don't give me that. You haven't played until you've known the staff team or have some examples as to why it's bad. That's what separates you, from the reviewer Poobey. A legitimate review.

I might not be as lenient as Blackout my administrator, when it comes to discussing these types of affairs, but I sure as hell, have a back-bone regarding when and where, I need to be.

Unique servers, follow unique standards. Perhaps people like "bad-servers" that's why they quit, and find themselves back in a short period of time. I came from a server with a rather tyrant administrator, but he was partnered up with some of the greatest staff team, to-date. Although a low-rate, where things such as items, leveling, player-vs-player deems more important than any high-rate, because of time effort, being strict is probably required. I've taken that into consideration after becoming a staff member of the Blackout Community, with the help of my young prodigy boss, and possibly the best player-relations you've got to offer.

Enough of my boring story though, if you would like perhaps, you should form a legitimate review, and then I'll gladly comply with it just as the way I tried to save face, a few posts ago.

PoisonWolf

Quote from: Anxiety on Nov 30, 2008, 11:38 AM
Yes, I'm indeed a "Staffer" from Blackout ( The infamous one at that ), but what difference does it make if I had made an anonymous account just to try and save face for my server? Let-alone insult it from afar, with no grounds of why I might possibly store such anger. To those of you who replied here, proclaiming you've played, please don't give me that. You haven't played until you've known the staff team or have some examples as to why it's bad. That's what separates you, from the reviewer Poobey. A legitimate review.

I might not be as lenient as Blackout my administrator, when it comes to discussing these types of affairs, but I sure as hell, have a back-bone regarding when and where, I need to be.

Unique servers, follow unique standards. Perhaps people like "bad-servers" that's why they quit, and find themselves back in a short period of time. I came from a server with a rather tyrant administrator, but he was partnered up with some of the greatest staff team, to-date. Although a low-rate, where things such as items, leveling, player-vs-player deems more important than any high-rate, because of time effort, being strict is probably required. I've taken that into consideration after becoming a staff member of the Blackout Community, with the help of my young prodigy boss, and possibly the best player-relations you've got to offer.

Enough of my boring story though, if you would like perhaps, you should form a legitimate review, and then I'll gladly comply with it just as the way I tried to save face, a few posts ago.

Anxiety,

You seem to stroke your little boss' back rather often. Do you link him to all your posts to score more brownie points? I see. You have a back-bone, but is it already broken in 50 different places? Because your earlier post utterly reeked of subtle threat warnings and such. It's very unfortunate that you have no access to the IP-addresses here (I feel your pain, really). Pity.

Good day.

Anxiety

Right, assuming I did have access to that information, what difference does it make? Considerably the large ammount of 'bad reviews" was after the person was banned, just or un-just. Not much I could do from then on. I defend him, because he's my friend, regardless of what you might think, as mentioned to another player earlier, I don't do what I do for glory. Once you start your own server, and nourish it until it grows to one as big as our community, please by all means, you're entitled to say / discuss whatever you want with or about me.

PoisonWolf

Quote from: Anxiety on Nov 30, 2008, 12:40 PM
Right, assuming I did have access to that information, what difference does it make? Considerably the large ammount of 'bad reviews" was after the person was banned, just or un-just. Not much I could do from then on. I defend him, because he's my friend, regardless of what you might think, as mentioned to another player earlier, I don't do what I do for glory. Once you start your own server, and nourish it until it grows to one as big as our community, please by all means, you're entitled to say / discuss whatever you want with or about me.

Anxiety,

Apparently, you have either the inability to read, or the ability to ignore and assume what you want. I have already asked if Poobey was banned, this is her response (and for some forsaken reason, you did not read this in the other thread).

Quote from: Poobey on Nov 29, 2008, 03:00 PM
Actually I have not. And to answer for MrPeace [whom I do not know] I am going to assume that, like me, he finally just got fed up with the recent happenings. I can only tolerate so much, but toleration is key in bRO. And I just ran out.

You must have it in your head that only banned people will write negative reviews. Wake up and smell the coffee, please. The last time I checked, you're just a Staffer, so don't give me the "start your own server" bollocks that I've heard for the 50th time. Until you've done it on your own two-shoes as well, then come spew that manure at me, till then, save it. You're just getting a free-ride now from this Blackout's apparent """talents""" that you seem to remind us so very often about. And yeah, he'll be your friend until something legal-related happens to bRO ($$$, oops, sorry, my bad, a typo on the symbols, really). Only then we'll see who are Blackout's so called "friends".

Good day.