JelloRO

Started by Usagimimi, Sep 29, 2010, 05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncelebrated

^I think most server owners already know to backup and to take anti-hacking measures /no1
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

JelloRO

c00l uncelebrated. Thanks for sharing.

Hitman47

Quote from: JelloRO on Sep 30, 2010, 01:02 PM
Yes someone was hired to hack our site,
Sounds like you really pissed someone off..

uncelebrated

Personally I wouldn't bother playing on a server that gets successfully attacked before it even opens.  I wouldn't want to spend hours playing, hunting items, leveling characters, only to have it hacked/destroyed completely.

Kind of like if you went for a test drive when shopping for a new car and the brake pedal didn't work (lol Toyota) I don't think you would end up purchasing a Toyota  ::)
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

Usagimimi

^ That's a good comparison. If you've already been successfully attacked prior to launch, it doesn't make for a very good view on the server.

@ Azel / Kiwi

Though Kiwi not as much, Azel is as much of a troll as the rest of the community, and both of you do nothing about it.

An example being when Emoke posted a rather detailed sexual text in the forum, and all Kiwi had to say about it was "How descriptive" or something along those lines.

Azel just plainly encourages players to troll.

Neither admin controls off-topic replies, etc.

You can have a good community that is filled with competitive players. In this case, Jello did not, and though that's no one's fault, one would at least expect the "professionals" to act more maturely rather than joining in on it.

Not that I care. Just sayin'.

@ Moderators, admins, staff of RMS

You can close this. It was just an inquiry as to the state of the server, and not exactly a discussion topic.

Skeith

Not only that, but I wouldn't join a server that uses the excuse of "It's a WoE server" to justify their obvious lack of control over the trolls all over the forum. No one said to limit their "freedom" of speech, but there is a difference between letting them express their opinions maturely, and letting them spam threads telling people to leave, calling people idiots because they don't agree with something, etc. That and the staff itself seems to lack maturity, except for Kiwi. I did find it funny how the trolls forced a few server changes by threatening to leave though. Icing on the cake.

I can't even begin to comprehend the troll fest that will arise when (or should I say if) WoE gets competitive there. Then again "It's a WoE server, so trolls can troll all they want."

Exxel

Stop crying about some texts in the internet, if you don't want to get trolled, ignore them, simple as that. :|

Usagimimi

Quote from: Exxel on Sep 30, 2010, 11:35 PM
Stop crying about some texts in the internet, if you don't want to get trolled, ignore them, simple as that. :|

The problem is when you post your opinion about something, and you get trollmobbed by a bunch of troll guilds that will threaten to leave if their suggestion isn't accepted.

Then the staff listen to the trolls, comprised mostly of trolls themselves, and favourtism becomes apparent due to fear of losing the trolls as they account for 95% of the population.

So basically, you can't post your opinion, as if it's different, they'll save "WE WILL LEAVE MAN" and then the admins go "OHNO OK U WIN" and implement / remove whatever was in question, which is obviously biased.

In any case, as said, not that I really care :b I just wanted to know what happened to jRO's site, s'all.

Ganondorf

Quote from: Exxel on Sep 30, 2010, 11:35 PM

That's the right thing to do when you've got a few trolls perhaps.

Your statement becomes problematic though when there is a situation where you've got dozens of trolls in a community and the supposed authority of the group (in this case, an Admin of an RO private server) contributes to the problem by egging the perpetrators on to continue their behavior.

In the end, nothing will ever get accomplished and the said server dies in a mere few weeks because there is a constant monotonous cycle of what some have pointed out already in the thread, and that cycle is going to be troll guilds making suggestions and threatening to leave if they're denied.  A population cannot grow under those conditions, not a healthy one anyways.  Nobody in their right mind besides fellow trolls would seriously consider playing.

I also agree that having your forum and site hacked isn't exactly a peachy beginning.  I know I wouldn't take the plunge knowing the situation at hand either.

Quote from: Hitman47 on Sep 30, 2010, 06:29 PM
Quote from: JelloRO on Sep 30, 2010, 01:02 PM
Yes someone was hired to hack our site,
Sounds like you really pissed someone off..

Quite frankly, if the Admins act anything like I've heard people saying they do, there is no doubt in my mind there was a reason for the attack.

doopy423

all i see here is trolls trolling trolls trollling trolls.

Skeith

Quote from: doopy423 on Oct 01, 2010, 02:28 AM

And all I see is someone who made an account just so he can attempt his 5 minutes of fame. JelloRO fanboy I presume.

sscyn

Well, i believe the "trolls" saved JelloRO from dying before even opening cuz enabling PVP on MVP maps are just a complete waste of time. There would be more people trying to disrupt ppl from MVPing rather than actually compete to kill the MVP, also ppl would just abra in their private dead branch rooms 24/7. Doesn't sound fun at all.

doopy423

Quote from: Skeith on Oct 01, 2010, 03:49 AM
Quote from: doopy423 on Oct 01, 2010, 02:28 AM

And all I see is someone who made an account just so he can attempt his 5 minutes of fame. JelloRO fanboy I presume.

see even your trolling. Everything here is just trolls on top of trolls. Btw i dont noe anything about jelloRO, its just funny seeing trolls troll each other.

Quote from: sscyn on Oct 01, 2010, 04:49 AM
Well, i believe the "trolls" saved JelloRO from dying before even opening cuz enabling PVP on MVP maps are just a complete waste of time. There would be more people trying to disrupt ppl from MVPing rather than actually compete to kill the MVP, also ppl would just abra in their private dead branch rooms 24/7. Doesn't sound fun at all.

lol pvp in mvp maps=i'm gonna make a stalker and just teleport people trying to mvp all day.

Signify

Quote from: doopy423 on Oct 01, 2010, 05:18 AM
see even your trolling. Everything here is just trolls on top of trolls. Btw i dont noe anything about jelloRO, its just funny seeing trolls troll each other.

YOU'RE.
NOT YOUR.

doopy423

Quote from: Signify on Oct 01, 2010, 05:24 AM
Quote from: doopy423 on Oct 01, 2010, 05:18 AM

YOU'RE.
NOT YOUR.

hey grammer police the first sentence is a fragment btw. Also another kind of troll.