RMS Home | Guide Writing | Test Server | New Servers | Latest Reviews

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Long Lost Friends / Re: Any aeRO original players around?
« Last post by meww on Oct 12, 2021, 03:19 am »
 /ok I used to play in Charm around that time, with RoR. my ign was mew, and I mainly played priestess/champion. I hung out a lot with my mentor Maireen. Sure miss those old friends from Charm
That's an interesting website design and content, heh.
That's an interesting website design and content, heh.
Reserved for more space if needed.
https://www.oathro.com/?module=main

Launch date: September 23rd 2021

OathRO general info:
Episodic Progression starting at Episode 3.

US-based server with EU and SEA proxies available

Longtime RO player here writing another review for what I think is a very promising server. For the past 1.5 years or so, I've been playing a couple 1x servers off and on and decided to give OathRO a try a couple days ago. And I must say I was very pleasantly surprised. I've been mobbing wolves with my Swordsman and more than once I thought; "Man this feels nice." and "This is how it should be."
There are certain features on here that feel really good to play with. One of those features is the global 200% increased SP and HP recovery rate. This also affects passive skills like the Swordsman's Inc HP Recovery and the Mage's Inc SP Recovery skills. All classes will have (some of) their skills changed/rebalanced to make them better and/or more useful. As far as I'm aware, this includes buffs and quality of life improvements such as; decreasing the sp of some skills, increasing the damage of others and increasing the duration of buffs.

Here is an example of the finalized skill changes/rebalancing for several 1-1 classes and the Hunter class:

Swordsman:
(click to show/hide)
Acolyte:
(click to show/hide)
Merchant:
(click to show/hide)
Thief:
(click to show/hide)
Hunter:
(click to show/hide)

Do note that a lot of these skill changes go live tomorrow! So you might want to join in now to take advantage of that.  /ok

Join the server discord for more info.

I'll list some more qol features since I think these are one of the most important things. After all, when you spend hours grinding mobs, these are the little things that add up.

Item drop beams.
Rare drops will trigger a little bell sound and a colored beam so that you can't miss 'em. Also that extra oompf.
There are different colors for different item classes.

Max zoom out.
(click to show/hide)

See through trees and vegetation.
Trees and leafs.
(click to show/hide)
No trees and leafs.  /??
(click to show/hide)

Monster HP bars.
(click to show/hide)

Clan System.
(click to show/hide)

Increased drop rates for low-level mobs.
For example a Poring drops its card at 0.04% while a Raydric will drop its card at 0.02%
(click to show/hide)

Big Party + Tap bonus, 12 max limit with a 15 level share range
(click to show/hide)

Stylist with 38 different clothes pallettes
(click to show/hide)

They also have the commands; @autotrade and @showexp and #main chat ingame.

All of these changes and qol combined make OathRO really nice to play on. While it is still technically a 1x server, the huge party bonus and the SP regen increase make it so that you feel a lot better than you would on a regular 1x server. From what I've seen so far, the owner knows what he's doing and is very open to input from the community. There's a good synergy going on there. I'm also very much looking forward to the things that Oathkeeper wants to implement in the future. The atmosphere overall wether it's ingame or on the discord seems very chill too. It's not uptight or full of chat rules that you might find in other servers. Since I've only been here for less than a week, I don't have much else to talk about for now, but will likely continue to update this thread as I get more familiar with the server and whenever new updates go live.

Definitely give the server a try if you want to!
  /no1

You can always message the Admins or GMs of NostalgiaRO and EpicRO because they just have the same team. And I know they can entertain you and tour you around on their servers.
thank you! i will go check nostalgia out! yea i dropped by epicRO but frankly, i cant understand anything since its super customized with all the red mvp cards gold mvp cards etc etc so im not sure if i will be getting my money's worth if i donate.

Also, I saw one of Lai's post saying his server is no longer pay to win and actually needed effort to get results now.  Which is not my thing since i work 10hours a day and play different games like FF14 which is already time consuming.

Im just feeling nostalgic atm and wanna go back to playing RO but without being subjected to its insane RNG drop rates and grinding but at the same time experience end game.

I know pay to win servers are unpopular but not all of us are leechers who just want to play free game without giving profits to the server owners. Server needs money to run :)
Server Seeking / Re: Looking for any "REAL" Roleplaying servers
« Last post by MikuDaisuki on Oct 10, 2021, 12:20 pm »
Maybe you want to try NostalgiaRO? It is a role playing server, they have custom contents, lores/storylines and many more.

Official Website:
https://nostalgia-ragnarok.com/

Official Discord:
https://discord.gg/8pbh6dz
Server Seeking / Re: LF> Server with proper donation rewards
« Last post by Lai on Oct 10, 2021, 11:58 am »
Hahaha what a funny thread, it's like a bait to see what servers are blatantly pay to win.

LimitRO is no more :O

There is a new server Limit Ragnarok, and unfortunately, can't please this persons demands :P

Limit Ragnarok is new 4th job server with progression 1:1 kRO quests/content/timelines.
no iRO, jRO, or bRO etc items.
Very little customization, and the feel of Effort = Result :)

No under table, no item RMTs etc, and 100% transparent and pure <3

Hello! Though they are not a corrupt gm or anything but I think you may try on the servers that I play. Well I also saw you drop by on the EpicRO but if you don't find it good then maybe try their high rate one which is already 1 year and 2 months, focused on PVE content and role playing. They have donation packages that donator can get if they don't want to grind. But well I don't find their servers as a pay to win because everything is achievable, the only difference is the time on a donator and grinder.

Maybe give it a try here on NostalgiaRO

Official Website:
https://nostalgia-ragnarok.com/

Official Discord:
https://discord.gg/8pbh6dz
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]