Recent posts

Server Seeking / Re: LFP> SEVER 2X ~10X
Last post by mrfizi - Jun 14, 2024, 12:25 PM
There are a thousand servers on the RMS listing. Nobody can copy 100% or be similar to others.
Last post by lister - Jun 14, 2024, 11:46 AM
Quote from: Whispered on Jun 14, 2024, 09:25 AMWish i could help you out but nothing comes close to the oRO experience, i hope it returns soon

Oro is back? This year?
Last post by Whispered - Jun 14, 2024, 09:25 AM
Wish i could help you out but nothing comes close to the oRO experience, i hope it returns soon
Server Seeking / LFP> SEVER 2X ~10X
Last post by lister - Jun 14, 2024, 09:14 AM
Need

rates 2x ~ 10x - transclass

Must have multiclient 2+

good ping 1~100

similar to the old OriginsRO

recommendations please

help  :'(
Server Seeking / Re: LF > LR 3x-10x Classis or ...
Last post by BlockDragon - Jun 14, 2024, 07:48 AM
Thanks, I'll give Payon Stories a try.  1x rates doesn't seem too bad with all the class buffs I read about, as well as the sp regeneration.  I'm happy to play with single or multiple clients.  I prefer rebirth because it adds classes like Soul Linker and Super Novice but I'm fine playing without them.
Last post by mrfizi - Jun 14, 2024, 07:35 AM
Quote from: distilled1 on Jun 14, 2024, 05:52 AMSeems like they're both not implementing transcendent classes for whatever reason. At least not yet.

What's your opinion on implementing Rebirth?
I like the rebirth skills and sprites, but not the Renewal ones.

Classic is classic. When they implementing rebirth, that means they are not classic anymore.  /heh
Server Discussion / Re: Return to Morroc being mad...
Last post by mrfizi - Jun 14, 2024, 07:27 AM
Quote from: yC on Jun 13, 2024, 07:26 PMIf you see post with hidden links (can be at the lower right corner or in signature) or post that quotes another message and say something random but if you look carefully you can see a link is implanted into the quoted message, please report the post.  We have these every few days.  Thank you.

Alright! It did not only happen here. It happened in other forums as well. Don't worry; I'm honored to click the report button.  /gg
Last post by distilled1 - Jun 14, 2024, 05:52 AM
Yeah man
I'm looking for this type as well.

At the moment, Payon Stories is fitting pretty well for me. Not 100% satisfied, but pretty close.
Like you mentioned for Timelines, there's a bit more customization and departure from Pre Renewal than I'd like in Payon Stories. Their custom events, custom Payon town, custom dungeon(plural?) with custom enemies and custom MVP in there, post-Renewal costumes, and post-Renewal client with some replaced BGM tracks.
Not much else customized beyond that which is nice.
To be honest I really like the zeny storage Bank in the modern RO client. That alone makes up for it feeling too Renewalish. Being allowed to trade your own Zeny between your characters is super nice.

Similarly to Ragnarok Timelines, Payon Stories has no bots there, no cash shop at all, and enhanced sitting SP/HP regeneration, but it does also restrict running multiple clients at once.
Seems like they're both not implementing transcendent classes for whatever reason. At least not yet.

What's your opinion on implementing Rebirth?
I like the rebirth skills and sprites, but not the Renewal ones.
General Discussion / Re: Autoattack or BotOn system
Last post by Bullet - Jun 14, 2024, 12:53 AM
Quote from: distilled1 on Jun 11, 2024, 08:20 PMIf I ever see servers advertising these type of "auto" gameplay features, I immediately turn 360 degrees and walk away.
I would like to humbly suggest maybe should consider to turn just 180 degrees instead.
and perhaps add a sprint instead of a walk after that.
General Discussion / Re: Autoattack or BotOn system
Last post by Bullet - Jun 14, 2024, 12:38 AM
Quote from: mrfizi on Jun 11, 2024, 02:17 PMGood day to everyone!

Let's discuss Ragnarok Online's new feature (non-official feature). People disliked bots in RO, however many servers, including the Ragnarok Lanverse, now use the autoattack/boton system.

Are these features good? Or did it ruin the true RO experience?
I'm for advocacy of bot powered private server.

Why go for bot enable RO:
1. configured correctly, it can give a low rate growth experience. Flexibility to opt in to play manually when free, and watch over the bot do the mundane routine tasks repeatedly.
2. experience the growth (slow pace of leveling, item collections) for busy people with time value and work life balance.
3. RO is old game, we already know how to play (mostly) but a new game (low rate) server does not necessarily recognize your past experiences and scale your rewards (per se). Your value of experiences will be pitted against other players in a game of "time spent". Bot balances out this, you are less likely to lose to players due to lack of time of play but due to your limit/ lack of RO experience/ knowledge/ and strategic decision.
Bot will take over the time factor hence you are not competing with time spent.
4. Inevitable facts of RO life- Game server "End of Life". In bot allowed server, any closure least affects your lost of quality time.

When not to go for bot enabled RO:
1. Dislike unresponsive automated player on the visual. (although not obligation for legit player to respond).
2. You want to compete (play) RO with time spent vs quality of knowledge/ experience. There are still traditional players willing to spent hours daily for grind and holding that as achievement value in current times.
3. Concern for computing resource. A poor configured game server (bot enabled) may tilt more toward rewarding players with multiple and good PC resource to run 24 hours. For example - Talonheim RO, currently requires xkore feature whereby game client (2 max) required to be open and active when running bots (2 acc max). The resource requirement is to avoid people using (free) cloud service to run multiple accounts. But its slightly resource demanding for old PC or laptop.
4. Lack of population. this niche will never reach the scale of mid population at this rate.

Common misunderstanding of bot enabled server:
1. Why bother making it low rate and both allowed? Why not just make high rate for ease of play and lack of time?
A high rate server will easily reach end game and many imbalance with drop rates. it removes the experience of slow pace growth experience of low rate.

2. Why bother playing if no time?
players personal choices of indulging classic games, and bot enabled RO gives this balance experience with respect to your work life balance.

3. Bot enabled RO is far from original experience and it "ruins RO experience"
So is all the custom (mid/ high rates, quests, warp npc, healer, gold room, etc.) and different mods.
We have substantial players with lack of logic and rational that can never heal their permanent trauma and scar of game server abused and destroyed by bots. Current bot enabled servers are more geared in configuration to carefully manage a balanced game experience far from past exploits.

Bullet
A player with interest for classic RO
Currently at Talonheim
RMS review: Talonheim