Recent posts

Server Reviews / Valkyrie Online
Last post by daeron69 - Jul 10, 2024, 05:11 PM
Hello there,

this is my review about Valkyrie Online overall.

What I Loved /lv

Real Rewards for Skill: Valkyrie Online stands out with its rewards system, where players can win real prizes by ranking high in WoE, PvP, BG, and MVP. This adds extra motivation for competitive players.

Events and Integrated Systems: With daily events, a mining system, improved BG 2.0, and Champion Mobs with special auras and rewards, there's always something to do in Valkyrie Online. Features like @townskill, @noress, and @packetfilter improve the overall player experience.

Balanced Skills and Adjustments: The server has balanced magical and area skills to ensure fair and exciting gameplay. Random item options and rune enchantments add layers of customization and strategy.

Strong Security: Using Gepard 3.0 and additional security measures, Valkyrie Online ensures a fair and cheat-free experience. Anti-bot and dual account restrictions keep the game clean and competitive.

Areas for Improvement /heh

Mixed Community: The server hosts a diverse community with players speaking English, Spanish, Portuguese, and other languages. While this is enriching, it can make communication challenging for some players.

Server Performance: Despite being located in Miami, some players report feeling lag due to the many protection filters. This can affect gameplay, especially during critical PvP and WoE moments.

Limited Support: Currently, there's only one admin handling all support and administration tasks. While this reduces corruption and ensures consistent decisions, it's a lot of work for one person. It would be beneficial for the community if the admin hired more staff to help with support and player inquiries.

Overall is a very good server, I'm playing hard and I see the work that the admin did and I decided to sopport em by doing a review here, thanks for reading.
Long Lost Friends / Re: Looking for ccRO players
Last post by Max - Jul 10, 2024, 12:08 PM
It's still running, just visit https://www.cc-ro.com/  /heh
And maybe join the Discord for a chat

Your friends may still be playing! Because once you catch the ccRO virus, you'll never want any other RO experience anymore!
Long Lost Friends / Looking for ccRO players
Last post by remliel - Jul 10, 2024, 02:19 AM
I was just wondering if anyone was still around.
ccRO was my first server and holds a special place in my heart.
RO Graphic, Coding & Media / Re: Halloween Prontera
Last post by Sanz - Jul 09, 2024, 11:13 PM
Hello! I would like to be able to obtain this map, where it can be downloaded, it is great!!
General Discussion / Re: About real money trading (...
Last post by moonlitPBJ - Jul 09, 2024, 05:27 PM
I want a healthy server economy that evolves organically via trading in-game currency & items ONLY.
My take: The moment you introduce RMT, you open the floodgates for inflation, corrupted staff members(it only takes one), and bad actors.
General Discussion / Re: Autoattack or BotOn system
Last post by iixe - Jul 09, 2024, 08:08 AM
Have tested the auto attack function recently and got a few words for that.

It is the mentally challenged version of what xkore was 15 years ago.
Its easy to use and has an okay function palette but the pathfinding is horrible (been in byalan 2 and bot got stuck in an area of maybe 40x40 cell for over 30 mins after fly wings ran out).

Personally I see the pro on equality, since gepard definitely has been bypassed by a good amount of people that can and will use bots. Its better to give that tool to everyone when there is abuse for botting anyway.
On the con i see lazy server management getting encouraged by it to make mat requirement for quests unnecessarily high to generate more uptime with ppl that just farm afk. Its a waste of time for the player.

Im not a friend of it.  For many of the problems why people botting are more simple solutions possible if the admin knows and understands the economy of his own server. Which is definitely not often the case.
Server Seeking / LF>MR/HR
Last post by iixe - Jul 09, 2024, 02:52 AM
Must be:

- pre-renewal
- NOT hosted in asia
- max lvl is not so relevant

Any sea location is an absolute k.o. criteria. Hoping western hosts didnt die out entirely.
Long Lost Friends / Re: Spirit RO?
Last post by Whispered - Jul 09, 2024, 01:28 AM
Does not really need explanation. Admin shut down the first server due to lack of players (he thought main reason for that was the multi client), then tried opening a second one with same config except now it was single client only. Player count dropped from 100 to 8 in a week, Admin alt F4 shut the whole thing down without warning, along with the website and their Discord, in the RMS server advertisement section, he modified the server description to "server close" on the day he shut it down.
Server Seeking / Re: Oldschool
Last post by hellomynameis - Jul 08, 2024, 08:18 PM
When I checked the skills section from their discord months ago, I noticed too many changes or differences for my liking.
Some of the skills were referenced to Kokotewa's database and how the Yanisro versions would be, not based on what they were like from official RO.
So no, skills from Yanisro is not without changes or nerfs.
Server Seeking / Re: Oldschool
Last post by distilled1 - Jul 08, 2024, 07:51 PM
Quote from: FishCrackers on Jul 08, 2024, 08:53 AMIm looking for a server with less or no custom stuffs and maps. Just pure ragnarok experience.
Me too.
I'm trying out this server called YanisRO someone else mentioned. Even though it's still in Beta and likely doesn't have a good population yet, at least the beta characters won't be wiped once it's out of beta, and at least there is nothing custom about it which I can't say for any other pre-renewal servers.

Based in Germany though, so might not be great latency for North American players.
I got 170ms ping playing from Western Canada. Not terrible.

If you want your FPS limited with the in-game !vsync option, just make sure you've gone into the setup.exe and unchecked this "Free CPU" setting, or else you'll be playing with the maximum FPS your graphics card is capable of, potentially overheating and exhausting your GPU.

Don't forget your /skip command after enabling !vsync to turn off silly frame-skipping.

Discord: Wh83csVy