Recent posts

Guides / Re: Fast DirectX 9 lib for lap...
Last post by Esperite - Today at 01:13 PM
Looks nice and looking forward to trying this when I get my new 3k laptop. Has anyone else used it yet?
Server Seeking / Re: I'm looking for a new way ...
Last post by Blinzer - Today at 03:53 AM
DM me on discord.
Last post by tristar - Today at 02:35 AM
Hi oh no I'm not interested to make server myself ^^

I also not interested in totally new class and level beyond 99 too. The change was too much for me xD
I still like the original classes however I believed certain classes needs some buffs.
But yeah skills got CD and pots got CD is what I had in my mind :D

However I wish CD for short skills was longer like 8 sec and high damage skills was like 30-60sec.
I guess I can name a server here right ?
ValaintRO has an example of skill changes which I like but their server allowed botting so no it's a big red flag for me.
https://v-ragnarok.online/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

I think concept of crafter builds totally stupid make you unable to level yourself absolute no power to battle. That's why I think it should be separate from BS and Alchemist skill tree and made them as quest skills.

I'm not trying to turn RO into Aion I know it's totally different games however I wish RO could take good thing from Aion and modernized RO gameplay without having 3rd classes and 4th classes.

Some might said why don't I play with a server with 4th classes with lastest update ? I feel stupid with damage numbers which skill excessive 100k which as stupid as watching Dragonball super which Goku has power rival god of destruction and has power to destroy a universe even multiverse.

Some 2nd class could have 3rd class skills but scale down the damage with high cd some trans skills should move as 2nd class skill such as preserve for rogue.

In Aion the principle of all classes divided into 2 skill trees it's support/dps or single high damage or aoe. I wish skill changes in RO could be like that.

Right now the server I playing all you need is going abbey get bard/gc pally/hp the rest can be anything it's so boring.
@Ara

I apologize for the late response and I hope it's not too late to say, THANK YOU!
It worked with the latest version of Tokei's ACTEditor and I found out the reason why some mobs were not included in his original mobsWithName.grf.

It turns out that the mob_db.txt that we have is indeed outdated. (or the current data.grf's that we have just updated) Some .act files within data.grf has different name tags compared to the ones from mob_db.txt (e.g. Archer Skeleton has an .act file name of SKEL_ARCHER in data.grf but mob_db.txt has it named ARCHER_SKELETON)

If anyone wants to change this, just simply rename the mob_db.txt name to the ones in your data.grf.

Once again, I appreciate your help as this has been triggering my OCD for a while since I started using Tokei's GRF.  /heh
Last post by ADM Ornstein - Yesterday at 06:44 PM
Hey There!

Glad to see people wanting new stuff!

I used to run a server called Return to Morroc, it was built around a similar idea to yours.

For example, a physical job needed to use a combo opener skill, that would then provide a window where the next skill used would get a given bonus.

Skills also had more costs and cooldowns, and sp regen was very fast. Server was quite popular, since its a surprisingly fun idea and had a ton of custom jobs, but due to personal reasons we had a shutdown.

On the link below you can see a video of the Revenant job class, which worked with stacks on lesser skills to build a strong finisher. I guess thats the kind of idea you had in mind?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmifQ0PakT8

Or a video of the Gravekeeper job, a raw dps quick machine with instant combo rotations and quick action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQPTcaxGAJI

Currently Im working in Project Workshop, which aims to push that formula MUCH further, but it will have to wait until 2025.

if you are interested in following development, or discuss ideas about this gameplay style with a large community, you can check our discord:
https://discord.gg/returntomorroc

If you wanna work on something like that, and make your own server (I highly recommend it) you can hit me on discord and Ill be glad to provide basic guidance, as long as you are willing to put in the work for it.
Last post by tristar - Yesterday at 12:29 PM
Hi thank you for your reply.

Our opinions can be different that's fine.
I just want each class to use all skills we have rather than just spam AoEs.

For now I'm viewing RO as spamming game whoever got more money wins.
Ofc RO gameplay is unique too but I just bored to use same skills over and over.

Some classes like stalker need more options rather than just go full divest.
It's a lot of changed including creating new skills for certain classes.

I believed 3rd classes and 4th classes skills got CD I viewing them as an attempt to modernized RO but I want that to happen to 1st/2nd/trans classes too

Also I want crafting pots/weapons separate from alchemist/blacksmith classes and make them as quest skills which learnable by all classes not affected by stats but rather fixed chance and create various of professions such as food/armors(replacing slot npc)/accessories/headgears. We could take some 3rd class skills and giving to alchemist/blacksmith as compensation. I know all of those ideas come from Aion.

I think taking 3rd class skills and apply to 2nd class already happened with some server. But it's too shameful that server is bottingable which is red flag for me.

Still I think it would be great if we change some effects of certain skills or change quest skills into a lv10 skills with additional job level for example angelus as AoE Heals with CD or Holy Light as Holy bolt for an acolyte or cart revolution as lv 10 skill.

Stalker need some skills as an optional to full divest such as copy second skill and able to copy trans skills and usable with any weapons.

I would go as far as get rid of homunculus this pet doesn't do any good beside promotes AFKmist. And provides NPC who sell alchemist bottles for alchemist skills. Add options for blacksmith skills AoE or high single damage tree.

I know something might seems OP to you it's just some of my ideas I'm not sure if it would be good for most people as they might see as changing too much.
Last post by Playtester - Yesterday at 11:12 AM
I wouldn't really agree that Aion's gameplay is better. It just requires you to press more keys but does not require more skill.

RO actually has way more depth than you might think if you start investigating how certain tricks work like killing the AI with icewall.

That being said, it's actually pretty easy to change all aftercast delays to cooldowns. You can just edit the skill_db file and set cooldowns on all skills.
Client Side Support / looking for RAG/SAK_SETUP file...
Last post by htind - Yesterday at 08:42 AM
specifically 0726 from 2007 but I'll take anything I can get.

been trying to catalogue and save Ragnarok-related content and apparently much of it was lost throughout the years. rapidshare, megaupload, filefactory. official proxies. torrents. all dead...

any old timers saved these files? we should try and preserve the history of the game.
Server Reviews / Re: Project Sunshine is truely...
Last post by mrstealyourfun - Yesterday at 07:51 AM
Do you guys think that Project Sunshine is actually Desryu? The guy who notoriously abandons his servers after 2-3 months? It kinda feels that way. He was admin of servers like Aspen Grove, Yoyo Tales, ROstalgia...
Long Lost Friends / jessiemarie
Last post by bluerei - Yesterday at 05:30 AM
It's been years, I hope you're doing well! I miss our shenanigans killing Stings with our then-unpopular builds and never getting that pipe from Eddga no matter how many times he died. Our RO days are my most treasured ones of all the games I ever played.

If you ever find this message, I'd love to play with you again. Casual as always, no expectations - I know we all have lives to live  /swt

To anyone who recognizes us, please feel free to reach out! Been messing around solo on Payon Stories if you're feeling nostalgic. /heh

-bluerei