Voyage RO - How to sink a promising server.

Started by ilphithra, Mar 20, 2011, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilphithra

WARNING: THIS IS LONG.
Names and other info edited out for protection of the innocent people involved. I can supply the originals. Just PM me.

I don't know where to start or even if this topic should be here to be honest. It's a bit of a mix, really. Well, I'll expose my case and let the admins decide if it stays here, goes to the reviews or ends up in the trash bin.

I have been checking this server for a while now, to see how it would go.

So, let's start with how this server was, I suppose.

Mid rate server without 3rd Classes, fairly balanced (a few donations were/are a bit OP), no wings (good thing too. Wings are horrid!).
Fairly updated on what concerns kRO RE.
Economy was fair enough (there are always the usual overpricers...).
A mall with the basic equipments that can be found on vendors, plus a smith/alche vendor and an arrow dealer (nasty prices on some arrows though... which is good).
Donations available in game through the voting points system.
Decent community (with its dose of idiots, of course).

Right at the beginning of checking out the server, I noticed something interesting on the item mall... Dragon Vests and Dragon Manteaus for sale and I made a couple posts here about it.

Now, Dragon Vests are an in-game drop from Dracos (Nydhoggur's Dungeon) and the Dragon Manteau is obtainable from a 1 time quest (from what I've seen, the manteau usually is made a rarer drop from Dracos on eAthena).

Concerns about this were raised and to my surprise, one of the admins (xLy) comes "screaming" that both items are not from in-game (and being quite adamant about it) and that he checked on RMS.
Well... as much as I love RMS, I'm sorry to say that the RMS DB is out of date or wrong in a lot of things. So, the links that state the proper "place" of these items in-game, the links were posted on the thread, thus infuriating xLy.
Soon after that, BonVoyage stated that both items would be removed from the donation shop as soon as he implemented Niddhogur's Dungeon.

Oh, the thread was deleted by the way... like other threads... but more on that soon. However... hehe... here are the screen shots! (with comments) ;D

So, first negative point: "xLy, The Clueless".

How this person made it to admin without having any minimal knowledge of drops in game, is beyond me. Shows the quality of admins nowadays on both knowledge and attitude. xLy's attitude towards players is: "This is my playground, what you say doesn't count. Bow to me!" End of. (Yes, I know... very common... power trips and all...)
Also, he loves to make script reloads without warning anyone or just removing NPC's suddenly. This guy simply has no respect for the players.

Some time later, due to real life, BonVoyage announced that he would resign as Admin and xLy would take over. First thing that xLy does is announce that the server is going to undergo major changes. Between complaints about xLy and his lovely hunger of twisting the server into what he wants (regardless of player wishes... because you know... you don't need players...), Bon decided to stay as Admin due to all the complaints about xLy and things went on as usual.

Oh and in case you wonder... yup, this thread also disappeared. (Damn, a lot of threads/posts disappear on this server's forum...  ::))

Second Negative point of the server: Communication between GM/Admins and the players.

There is simply no communication. No warnings about script reloads (Except Bon. He did warn.) so you just suddenly freeze for half a minute and then either find yourself dead or, for example, the MVP you had almost killed is reset.
Also, the server is pulled down for maintenance without any warning. It just goes down, no explanation, no warning, nothing. One of the best examples was when xLy took over for a day or 2 (that Bon resignation I mentioned) and simply closed the server without saying anything.
Announcements? Warnings? Respect for Players? "What for? We don't need players, har har!"

Onwards...

Recently (and again, suddenly, no warning, no asking the players, nothing... just got shoved down the players' throats.), 3rd classes were introduced to the server. Now, I've seen my share of servers with 3rd classes but this is beyond horrid. I don't think I've ever seen such a horrid implementation. Looks like they just "copy/pasted" the 3CeAM into the server without making any adjustments.
So now, we have 3rd Classes while using old mechanics but these guys didn't bother to adjust anything, no equipments, NOTHING. Trans classes are completely butchered because of this, and the 3rd Classes are so OP that it would make the devil cry in horror.

And what does our "friend" xLy do in order to fix this? He dishes out custom cards instead of fixing the balance and the bugs that arised from this "genius" move. Very "Pro" as they say.  ::)

So, this brings us to the third negative point of this server: Shoddy implementations of new content by people with no clue about renewal.

Now, earlier, I mentioned something about deleted posts and threads. That's the 4th negative point of this server: Tyranny.

Any post that isn't about singing praises to the server, suddenly disappears. Any post that may be about problems in the server suddenly disappears. I'll place my suspicions on xLy because his behavior pretty much screams it.

Here's an example of the reaction to a post, which pretty much confirms it. Unfortunately, these are the only screen shots I have because the thread that was made disappeared really fast (When I tried to return to it to screen shot, it was gone) :

To finish this off, I love the "Zero Tolerance Rules - but you get second chances" policy, plus all the bias going about (comments on the images):

Second chances for botters, hackers, etc. I really love what's going on in this server. I would provide screen shots of marvelous moments of GM's "helping players" but alas, I have that problem with distorted screen shots due to the high resolution I play on. They wouldn't show much and would show even less if I logged out and back in with a different resolution. (trying to fix this because lower resolutions make my eyes bleed from all the pixels...)

Fifth negative point: Rules are for show.

To sum this up:

- A server with great potential being killed by the inept admins (news?)
- GM's that "Help players" (I wish I had screenies) and are biased
- Admins don't care about the players (news?)
- Completely unbalanced after the effed up attempt to implement 3rd classes.
- Customized cards. (Can't even comment on this...)

This server could have been great... now, all I see is a deep grave for it...
How to deal with an INTJ (excerpt):
- Don't expect them to respect you or your viewpoints just because you say so. INTJ respect must be earned.
- Do not be surprised at sarcasm.
- Do not expect INTJs to actually care about how you view them. They already know that they are arrogant bastards with a morbid sense of humor.

Warning: Please don't read my posts if you are: easily offended, someone who can't take critics, someone who can't take sarcasm, someone who can't take bluntness, if you're too sensitive in general, if you fail at reading and comprehending text.

boltoy

Yeah. I tried playing that server myself, and it was lame. 1 thing made me quit right away. players using the "Warp portal* skill to go inside dungeons. I tried it myself, and they didn't make it enable to do so. only way they could have done it is by a GM.

@ilphithra PM me if you want to know something really funny about the server. I don't want to say it here. as i want them to find out them selfs. if they are reading this, they might start checking everything now. :P

ilphithra

Latest fun moments of Voyage-RO:
False Reviews (one of them I already reported)
People are posting their complaints on RMS since, you know, on vRO, they get deleted. So... since the Admins/GM's can't delete the bad reviews on RMS, they resort to telling people to remove them:  ::)

Is this where I mention that the hair coloring has been broken forever and a day and no one gives a rat's donkey about it? I think I forgot to mention all the bugs on the server... my bad...

I think I mentioned the corruption on my OP? Yes, I think I did...

It's going to affect the server badly! WAAA!!! Please remove since we can't just delete it like we do on our forums!!Q_Q x1000  ::)

<insert mocking serious voice>
QuoteGM team don't agree with the comment please remove it thank you, it's going to affect the server really bad
I loled... I loled so hard that I choked on my cig smoke... and then I just HAD to /facepalm. GM team don't agree = remove. Do I need say more on why the forum is censored to hell?

Admins/GM's of Voyage RO:

None of the reviews posted on these screen shots are false in terms of information at least:
- GM's that are popping like mushrooms, it's almost impossible to keep track of how many there are.
- There are admins popping out of nowhere.
- Complaints are removed and ignored.
- Bugs aren't fixed.
- Effed up implementations of content no one wanted.
- No communication about what happening or is going to happen.
- Corruption

Just to mention a few that are true. So, I call BS on you, Admins/GM's.

Please stop being sad, sad creatures. These complaints have reasons, reasons that you are aware of and ignore on purpose.
Stop being children and accept bad reviews because they will keep coming be it with or without reason (the usual banned people making a fuss).
If people can't complain on your forums, they will go and make them where it hurts the most... be aware of that.

Posted on: 22-03-2011, 00:15:02
EDIT!! Seems the s*** is hitting the fan at vRO. Screen shots available and nicely saved in case the admins decide to make the thread disappear.  ;D

http://www.voyage-ro.com/forum/index.php?topic=491.0
- Don't expect them to respect you or your viewpoints just because you say so. INTJ respect must be earned.
- Do not expect INTJs to actually care about how you view them. They already know that they are arrogant bastards with a morbid sense of humor.

Warning: Please don't read my posts if you are: easily offended, someone who can't take critics, someone who can't take sarcasm, someone who can't take bluntness, if you're too sensitive in general, if you fail at reading and comprehending text.

Kensei

boltoy mind sharing? I need moar dramas and no need to worry, it's not like everyone who play RO Private Server bothers coming here, maybe only 0.01% people are here.

so why keeping it secret <3

P.S : was thinking of playing there some times ago, but thanks for the review.

ilphithra

Quote from: Kensei on Mar 25, 2011, 04:13 AM
boltoy mind sharing? I need moar dramas and no need to worry, it's not like everyone who play RO Private Server bothers coming here, maybe only 0.01% people are here.

so why keeping it secret <3

P.S : was thinking of playing there some times ago, but thanks for the review.

What he mentions is within one of the posts on the thread that I updated the post with last night. And since the cat is out of the bag, no point in hiding anyway. Player accounts had a set level of 20 with access to #commands. The reasons? See for yourself on that thread  ;D

Yukiiko

Lol
Restricting dungeon access and selling the drops in an itemmall?
Wat.

Kensei

Bet the truth has been deleted. I wish I could revive or see dead topic  :-\

boltoy

It's a good thing i took a screenshot of this. now that the level 20 account thing has been mentioned here, they would try to erase the proof asap.

ilphithra

Quote from: Kensei on Mar 26, 2011, 01:25 PM
Bet the truth has been deleted. I wish I could revive or see dead topic  :-\

Yes, it would be nice. I tried to get google cache but unfortunately, I had no luck  :(

In the meantime, you can follow this thread: http://www.voyage-ro.com/forum/index.php?topic=491.0
You'll notice that a lot of what I posted here is being discussed there. Plus, as a bonus, grab the popcorn and enjoy the drama.  ;D

Ganondorf

Nice compilation you've got here.  Sorry to see another server go through something like this.

I will however, grab my popcorn.  =)

Lucian

Quote from: Ganondorf on Mar 27, 2011, 08:12 PM
Nice compilation you've got here.  Sorry to see another server go through something like this.

I will however, grab my popcorn.  =)
Thank you for your popcorn posts.  :D

The topic has been locked by a staff member, and we are working on a fix right now.

ilphithra

http://www.voyage-ro.com/forum/index.php?topic=496.0

Well, good... now let's see what comes out of this on the next chapter <insert cliffhanger>  :D

*grabs some more popcorn*

Ganondorf

Hmm, I didn't have enough butter on mine last time.  Anyone got any to spare?

boltoy

More popcorn for everyone! :3 well, let's see how it goes after the wipe. :3