Player Server Advertising

Started by Cady, Aug 12, 2008, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scars

Seriously, why can't mod understand, the idea to have your server name listed in this server gives bad impression to the server.

Much or less, that is solid fact.

It is called "SERVER" Hall of Shame for a reason, not "PLAYERS" not General hall of shame, but "SERVER", "Server Hall of Shame" IS in another words "Shameful Servers"

The post is not valid to the topic BECAUSE its not about a server, its about a private individual advertising a server in a shameful behavior, it has entirely nothing to do with the server's behavior and its not fair.

My argument is totally civil and fair, you can't dispute that, don't forget the fact that this post is totally UNIMPORTANT to anyone, because its about 1 single shameful behavior of an RO player, one of the millions out there.

1. You can leave it the way it is, disregard the fact that is "Unfair to the server", in reasons that it doesn't fit anywhere else.

But if you willing to discuss, my suggestion is remove "Anthem RO from the title", one easy solution would be keep it "Server Advertising", that way people at least would have to read the post to know what server.

Or open a new section for shameful behavior of individuals, and keep this one in regards to SERVER only, which what the title claims to be. Which really will make the thread more interesting.

If I am getting on mod's nerves I apologize, but I fight for what I think is right, I believe I am only fair, and all my arguments are civil.

To others who replied or would like to reply further here, I ask to please keep it civil and clean so we can have a decent discussion and this thread won't be locked -.-

Cheers.

DeePee

I tend to agree with that. It's indeed a "Server" Hall Of Shame.

The Guidelines clearly say "- Your report in this section is nothing more than to warn others about the practice of the server in discussion".

Practice of the server in discussion, not the players of it. GM's can't keep control of everything their players do outside the server.

I'd say either delete the topic or rename it + move it to regular Server Discussion. Leaving it here gives the server a bad name for something that's not their fault.

Pow

Quote from: yC on Aug 05, 2008, 02:39 PM
This section is to separate the RateMyServer.Net report on server who are violating our Terms of Services and need a look into vs those other report of servers that are just out of their mind but has nothing to do with RateMyServer.Net.

- Global Forum Guidelines apply in this section

In addition:

- Your report in this section is nothing more than to warn others about the practice of the server in discussion
- Your report in this section will not be an official report to ratemyserver.net
- If you believe the server you are reporting is in violation to our Terms of Services, you may report it in the GENERAL SERVER REPORTS SECTION

Example of reports:

- custom stealing
- site stealing / ripping
- player stealing
- admin betrayal
- extreme corruption warning
- etc ...

Taking into account the above and also considering the fact that the thread starter was a guest, the topic name has been changed to reflect the actual report.

-Pow
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

Denia

Thank you for changing the title on this, and those who contributed to the discussion, it is much appreciated.  Sadly, this sort of thing happens on just about every server IMO and, sometimes, are just malicious acts to defame another (not saying that this one is, it just sometimes happens that way.)