NightShadowRO

Started by ShadowSappy, Dec 25, 2009, 03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowSappy

As I've wanted to spend time with my family on Christmas like most people, I come home to some server-drama. I am the former co-owner and Tech GM at StarliteRO, and I've done alot of work for them as well, Site Codings, Setups, Control Panels, as well as in game development.

As I learn to my knowledge, the staff at NightShadowRO wasn't too kind by stealing my content, as I've done investigating, and I have evidence for the community to enjoy.

I'd like for action to be done, Ban, Remove, Anything deemed necessary.

Evidence #1:
A rude reply to a review stated by one of the GM's.
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii341/SapphireOnline/Evidence1.jpg

Evidence #2: NOTE!!! READ THE LAST LINE OF BOTH THE URLS FOR LAUGHS. <3
The server's website with my EXACT design.
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii341/SapphireOnline/Evidence2.jpg
http://nightshadowro.webege.com/index.html
http://kodama-ro.com/starlitero/

Evidence #3:
The StarliteRO's Website before the move, still saved on my PC.
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii341/SapphireOnline/Evidence3.jpg
http://kodama-ro.com/starlitero/
http://nightshadowro.webege.com/index.html

Read the last line of both website's URLs again, and you'll see the main point in their poor copy/paste skills

Sarin

Wow nice. Yet another noob server.

But, RMS is not RO police. We can't punish servers except for delisting in case of breaking ToS. I'm not sure if this qualifies, but I doubt it. However, the purpose of this place is to let people know. And when people know bout such things, they're less likely to join that server.

Final

Rofl dude it even still says StarliteRO on the NightShadowRO homepage in the opening paragraph ahahahaha

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

ShadowSappy

Quote from: Sarin on Dec 25, 2009, 04:55 PM
Wow nice. Yet another noob server.

But, RMS is not RO police. We can't punish servers except for delisting in case of breaking ToS. I'm not sure if this qualifies, but I doubt it. However, the purpose of this place is to let people know. And when people know bout such things, they're less likely to join that server.

Yes, Sarin I understand, but I was under rage as this topic was posted, but long as people see and understand what happend, it'll damage them.

Quote from: Final on Dec 25, 2009, 05:00 PM
Rofl dude it even still says StarliteRO on the NightShadowRO homepage in the opening paragraph ahahahaha

Inorite, LUL. <3

Squishy

Saddening, though I must say this is ANOTHER god damn remake of NightmareRO which has been "remade" over what...3-4 times? I stopped trying to keep up with these guys after the second time.

crysiscore3

Wow.
That's just lazy right there.
He can't even replace "Starlight" with "Nightshadow", five times?
Thinking of making your own RO PServer?
Read this first.

Luna~

If you didn't know, they shut down like 2 days ago.

Edit: Well they did. o.O Now they're back? o.O

Yukino

Lol, and some of "their" images are copied from elsewhere. The vote buttons are from Weiss RO, and the login screen images are from To See Beyond RO.

Apparently, to probably escape from the mess they caused, they are creating a new server yet again. Just hope that they don't use and claim images created by others as their own.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Nish

Lol another lazy admin :P

These type of servers don't last very long so don't worry :)

Sarin

True, they usually last just for a few "PLZ HLP MI B PRO SINX" topics at job discussion and one topic in Soap Opera.

Yukino

Lol, they really should learn from this mistake. They're making the person who copied our old website design the head of their team (or Admin again at least). I won't provide proofs for this, but that same Admin likes to claim other people's scripts as his own (same with designs as you could tell from their website: "Designed by GM Twilight"). He's been looking for new servers to "help with", but many rejected him (as did I gently). Right after I rejected his offer to help with my server, he goes and takes our website design and banner image. My designers/friends were furious about it. To all those new servers out there, be careful. You can choose to listen to this or not. If more details about him need to be given, I can provide them.

Just as long as that new server of theirs don't use our files. Who knows? Maybe they might take our or other servers' loading screens if they can't even make their own server/website/forum banner.

Spre

I should point ou tnoone does their research and this topic and server is wrongfully here.

whereas they may use similar images. the design you say they stole in fact is a free layout created by gettemplates for anyone to use. So they stole no website layout.

infact both desgins are still pretty close to the original. only thing i see is the banner, which is peanuts. It is unfair and wrong for you to say it is "your layout"

QuoteThe server's website with my EXACT design.

Here is the proof:

http://www.gettemplate.com/showtemplate/837808999/

also on both sites:

<div id="FOOTER">
 <p><a href="http://www.gettemplate.com" target="_blank"></a></p>

although Mr gmtwilight is wrong in removing the gettemplate copyright line. He needs to add that back in.

are we getting so petty that we are complaining that people are stealing layouts we got for free from one of many generous designers who make these for us for free?

As per this new evidence, I see no reason for this to be here EXCEPT for the fact that  they removed the true owners tagline on the bottom which is required  when you use their designs as described in their terms of use.

Yukino

I think when he meant "his design", he meant the banner design, the exact position of each website button, exact placement positions of titles and such, etc. He just didn't use the right words, but at least we didn't remove the line where we got the template from. That's how you found out where we got the template from, lol. We don't claim the template, but the design that has been done to the template. Design includes both template and WHAT HAS BEEN DONE to the template (images, designs, tabs (exact position, wording), etc). Hence, we said "exact design."

Also, you should notice the wording of the front page. Exact design and words. Haha. In a sense, they did take mostly everything of our website. That is the main point of our argument. LOOK AT THE WORDS AND IMAGES (Banner). Thank you.

Edit: Refer to the comment of the topic: "Entire Website Content Stolen." CONTENT. Words... images... and such.
They now at least remade their forum, login screen, and other things. We were just angry about the images and words stolen before (especially the website banner where they just replaced our server name with theirs).

Raou

People, we are running pirate RO servers.  If you are worried about someone infringing on your rights, don't infringe on others.  That being said, private RO servers are a lot of fun  8)

Final

Quote from: Raou on Jan 16, 2010, 07:33 PM
People, we are running pirate RO servers.  If you are worried about someone infringing on your rights, don't infringe on others.  That being said, private RO servers are a lot of fun  8)
I wonder how long you've been out of the game for...(By game..I don't mean RO <_<)

- So? Stop b****.

ShadowSappy

Final is right, I was in a hurry on the report, but the only things belonging to me and my friend were the Banner, and the Server Status script they horribly messed up on, plus staff kept pressuring me "DO IT MAN RUIN THEM!!!" so I just made a quick report, I really didn't care all too much, but the staff was my good friends, but this topic is already settled.

Final

Quote from: ShadowSappy on Jan 16, 2010, 09:17 PM
Final is right, I was in a hurry on the report, but the only things belonging to me and my friend were the Banner, and the Server Status script they horribly messed up on, plus staff kept pressuring me "DO IT MAN RUIN THEM!!!" so I just made a quick report, I really didn't care all too much, but the staff was my good friends, but this topic is already settled.
Me?  What did I do? lol I'm pretty sure you mean someone else hahahha

- So? Stop b****.

ShadowSappy

Quote from: Final on Jan 16, 2010, 09:24 PM
Quote from: ShadowSappy on Jan 16, 2010, 09:17 PMFinal is right, I was in a hurry on the report, but the only things belonging to me and my friend were the Banner, and the Server Status script they horribly messed up on, plus staff kept pressuring me "DO IT MAN RUIN THEM!!!" so I just made a quick report, I really didn't care all too much, but the staff was my good friends, but this topic is already settled.
Me?  What did I do? lol I'm pretty sure you mean someone else hahahha

Argh, My thought process failed me again, I meant Yukino, Sorry Final, but yeah, still epic final, D<..

Spre

Quote from: Yukino on Jan 16, 2010, 04:35 PM
I think when he meant "his design", he meant the banner design, the exact position of each website button, exact placement positions of titles and such, etc. He just didn't use the right words, but at least we didn't remove the line where we got the template from. That's how you found out where we got the template from, lol. We don't claim the template, but the design that has been done to the template. Design includes both template and WHAT HAS BEEN DONE to the template (images, designs, tabs (exact position, wording), etc). Hence, we said "exact design."

Also, you should notice the wording of the front page. Exact design and words. Haha. In a sense, they did take mostly everything of our website. That is the main point of our argument. LOOK AT THE WORDS AND IMAGES (Banner). Thank you.

Edit: Refer to the comment of the topic: "Entire Website Content Stolen." CONTENT. Words... images... and such.
They now at least remade their forum, login screen, and other things. We were just angry about the images and words stolen before (especially the website banner where they just replaced our server name with theirs).

that is a better way for saying it rather then "they stole my design"

Unfortunately On stuff like the status script I can not comment on, because your site has SQL errors.

unfortunately all you can do is contact the authors that made the layout. their terms are clear. they may have resources you don;t to take care of the problem.

Yukino

Uh hum. The status scripts...? We had proper ones. As for theirs, they just... typed it all in lol. They are just WORDS if you can tell haha. It permanently says "Online" for all three. You should be more aware of things.

Also, "they stole my design" is mostly true. You can't deny that. Definitely the banner (as it is part of the MAIN design that separates all the other websites from using the same website template; website template does not equal the TOTAL DESIGN). -Logic and reason here-

As for our old website, we still have all the files, but we decided to change website designs. That's why you can't view our old website now. We have screenshots though, and people have already seen both websites and compared the two (check all the comments above).

We don't need to contact the authors XD. We were complaining about how they had the same buttons (words and positions), same banner, SAME WORDS, etc. If you noticed, they also took designs from other servers like Weiss RO and To See Beyond RO. The main reason we started the complaint is because our designer was frustrated about how his banner is taken right off and was claimed by the GM of that other server. At least they changed now, so we don't have ANYMORE to complain about them. We already complained =D. They had to restart their server and remake their whole forum and hopefully website.

Thank you for your comments though. Later~