GM Cookie admits to DDoS other servers

Started by policero101, Jul 18, 2013, 03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ouhlahlah

Hello everyone, just wanted to point out something that for some reason I haven't seen been pointed out.

First Cookie comment went something along the lines of "publicity stunt" never denying the fact that it was himself in the video, and he kept defending himself with that for a while (to be honest, saying he made the video intentionally is just the same as saying "that's me"). Later on someone said that there was the possibility that the person in question wasn't Cookie at all. I guess he hadn't realized this himself, and thought that was a way better protection, and since that moment forward he's just been saying "that's not me" "prove it's me". Kind of shady if you ask me.

Rayeth

Quote from: ouhlahlah on Jul 20, 2013, 11:08 AM
Hello everyone, just wanted to point out something that for some reason I haven't seen been pointed out.

First Cookie comment went something along the lines of "publicity stunt" never denying the fact that it was himself in the video, and he kept defending himself with that for a while (to be honest, saying he made the video intentionally is just the same as saying "that's me"). Later on someone said that there was the possibility that the person in question wasn't Cookie at all. I guess he hadn't realized this himself, and thought that was a way better protection, and since that moment forward he's just been saying "that's not me" "prove it's me". Kind of shady if you ask me.

I agree with you, thats why I was laughing the entire time. /heh Some people here are easily fooled.
My gosh publicity, stunt or not this person sure loves attention... he keep talking and talking and all the lies keep piling up!  /heh This thread is such a Hall of Shame worthy! Probably the best one lately!  /heh /heh

Austin

Quote from: jTynne on Jul 19, 2013, 08:48 PM
This entire thread is just out of control. Trying to pinpoint someone's location is frankly, disturbing. Without even making an attempt to defend Robbie, I'm frankly disappointed to see the administration here allowing IRL names to be posted, whether there's permission or not, if someone wishes to keep their online persona seperate from their offline life.

I've had people PM'ing me about this thread non-stop since it was posted last night. If the rest of you have nothing better to do than button mash f5 all day long, then I sincerely hope you grow up.

This entire thread was made completely out of spite and has long since jumped boundaries of any decency that could have existed in such a discussion.

Lock this mess, remove the very public effort to cyber stalk someone, and do your jobs. Holy s***.

This entire board is made of nerds who can't and wouldn't do any of this in a real life situation. They are just making up for it through a video game Lol.

Nitrous

Quote from: potatopie on Jul 20, 2013, 10:26 AM
Getting mad over a person who has the capability of controlling over thousands of infected computers to flood a particular tunnel's bandwidth and disrupt internet service for everyone using that tunnel.

P.S. Hosting *Athena files isn't illegal. Its the clients needed to play the server that are illegal.

But if you host the client, doesn't that make it illegal?

Pebbl

Quote from: Austin on Jul 20, 2013, 12:12 PM
This entire board is made of nerds who can't and wouldn't do any of this in a real life situation. They are just making up for it through a video game Lol.

Austin, I guess you are one of them replying to this, eh ?

I couldn't care less about Cookie and where he comes from/where he lives/whatever he's doing and I've kept my mouth shut (as I always do) until he accused other people of random stuff - like policeRO being Ancient just because he and Ancient are always in an arguement or w/e.
Not only that, but he keeps piling up the sh*t streaming out of his mouth.

For me, it's been clear since the very beginning of this thread, but meh, I cba.

I'm a nerd, he's a nerd, and you're a nerd for posting here too Austin.

EDIT: seems like RMS got a filter for bad words, hehe :p

Alexx

Nitrous

Satyre

Lol wasn't Cookie/Skinnyboy in the hall of shame already in the first place? I'm surprised anyone actually trusted him after this;

http://forum.ratemyserver.net/hall-of-shame/skinnyboycolinfunsized/

Herpderp

This s*** kinda reminds me of Kimmo Alm from AnonTalk.  Sociopaths... /heh

Saiku

Quote from: Satyre on Jul 20, 2013, 03:34 PM
Lol wasn't Cookie/Skinnyboy in the hall of shame already in the first place? I'm surprised anyone actually trusted him after this;

http://forum.ratemyserver.net/hall-of-shame/skinnyboycolinfunsized/

Someone that jumped into a conclusion. Anyway, it doesn't matter if he's in HoS or not, he's already admitted that he's in HoS. No need to bring up this HoS s*** again when he's proudly using HoS tag on his signature.

Lycaonius

All I can say about this thread: Lol.

I joined the RMS forums two days ago, and I'm sitting here just laughing about this thread, mainly because of the irony that people are complaining about something that may or may not be completely true about *technically* illegal private servers, whether it be through client or something else. I'm not really picking a side here, because there is no conclusive evidence that shows that Cawliflower/Cookie did anything such as DDoS a server. There's also nothing stating that he DIDN'T do anything. This entire thread is opinion based, which is what the OP is trying to accomplish: By making these opinions come true. (At least, I'm pretty sure that's what he's trying to accomplish.) There may be conclusive evidence suggesting that he did, in fact DDoS the servers. It just either hasn't been posted yet, someone is unwilling to clear this up, or has not been found.

Again, I'm taking nobody's side. I'm just kinda sitting here, laughing and not really being "selfless" by helping anyone. And to the OP, and the server owners that are accusing him of DDoSing. It really isn't helping your servers. If anything, it's helping to make HIS server more popular.

Personally, I think this is all smoke and mirrors. I don't believe that there's an admin dumb enough to DDoS servers, get a video of himself ADMITTING to the crime, AND to NOT realize that he was being recorded. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have someone in his car if he didn't know the person very well, and if it wasn't one of his better friends. I would also seriously doubt he would do this while DRIVING.

But hey, if he DOES turn out to be guilty, then I was wrong, and more power to you. I'm just throwing out my 2cents on my opinion of the matter. Even though I made it look like I care, I really don't. It's just more fun for me. Lawl. I'm not a server owner, nor will I ever be. I don't have the kind of patience for it, and in the famous quotes of Kirigaya Kazuto: "Nothing is more boring than watching others playing an RPG." ESPECIALLY as an admin.

(By the way, I'm not bashing on the owners or anything for getting their servers DDoS'd. I'm sorry that it happened, but there are ways to prevent it, by getting software and hardware DDoS protection. I make it sound simple, but I realize it's expensive to servers that don't have much income, through donations or otherwise.)

To think I made this account just to help someone with their Knight builds...

Angra_Mainyu

^ Finally, someone with Logic

Great words, sir.. You just owned them!  /no1

Cawliflower

Yawn. Nope, still isn't me. Do you have a life RMS:CSI? /heh Nobody cares. But, keep bumping this thread for me. /kis

I'll just leave the real proof here:
http://i.imgur.com/Yt5wkpy.jpg
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!