GM Cookie admits to DDoS other servers

Started by policero101, Jul 18, 2013, 03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cawliflower

Quote from: Herpderp on Jul 19, 2013, 08:42 PM
Took you over 30 minutes to come up with a decent reply to get you out of this and you found nothing? Sad.

We're at Austin, TX, if you haven't noticed. But I'm sure you have.  /kis

Should have just kept silent.
I'm not there either. That has been that city since I opened Div. LOL. That's almost 2 years. I don't update my profile. /kis2
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

Triper

Our "CSI Dood" asked to post more stuff:
QuoteWith these facts presented, can you prove that you have not been to Houston Texas as you have bluntly stated in multiple replies? Basing an argument that you have never been to Houston on a snapshot at a specific time does not disprove that you have not been to Houston in the past several months. What it does is provide context into the scenario.

At this point in time, there seems to be information provided that adds additional context into the possibility you were in Houston. Based on the replies and information provided, the likely story is forming. Given that Cawliflower has apparently approved his living establishment to be in Austin, the distance between the two cities is 2.5H which is not unreasonable to drive to and from. For many, this could simply be a day trip. After seeing the post of the Facebook conversation, there is motive for him to go to Houston.  This would certainly explain the use of the GPS system and unknowingly where to turn: onto a major road in the city.

I also just want to note that it only takes 15 minutes to pinpoint the individual's location if you payed attention to the video when you first viewed it.

Angra_Mainyu

I would like to ask some things..

1. is most of RO's server host has DDoS protections? or they just bluffing? I meant, c'mon, no one gonna do DDoS attacks if it DDoS' protected. It's just a waste of time.

2. isn't stalking a person thru internet is a crime? I meant privacy violation? I don't blame you to get a real proof that the person is Cookie, but, to stalking like that, is kinda bad.

3. to Cookie, if it really WASN'T you, why don't you share a proof that it wasn't you? I know this is kinda annoying to show where do actually live to internet, but that's the only way for you to proof that it wasn't you. Stating "It wasn't me" is not enough. as internet says: "Proof or don't happened."

That's all I guess, and I'm sorry for my bad English. But please, bear with it.

Smokiie

As entertaining as this is, why is there even need to keep on with all this?

I'm sure you all have other things to do than to watch the thread. I feel like both sides have given enough evidence, but things are just being replayed like a Broken Record.

It's completely possible for the person in the video to be Cookie, and it's also possible it's not. I feel like this should just be ended, it's been 13 pages of the same old stuff he's usually blamed for. Although this could simply be settled with a picture of Cookie.
But, I'd understand why he wouldn't want to post.

It should just be added to HoS, and be left alone.

Cawliflower

Good questions.

Firstly, I don't reveal my information and honestly that's just a choice I make.

Secondly, I wouldn't waste my time attempting to DDoS a DDoS-protected server, and on top of that I don't know how to DDoS so if I had said something like that it would be me bluffing.

Thirdly, Ancient will fabricate anything to make his point. I'm sure a majority of the posters are just him on different IP addresses. lol.

It isn't HoS material as they haven't directly linked the person in the video to me which won't be possible anyway. All in all, would it really matter if this got added to my listing? No, I don't care and actually it would hide this thread better. /heh However, I still stand by my "it's not me" statement.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

Judgement

DDoS protection stuff doesn't mean it will block all DDoS attacks.
Super Smash Brothers 64!

Cawliflower

Quote from: Judgement on Jul 19, 2013, 10:10 PM
DDoS protection stuff doesn't mean it will block all DDoS attacks.
I'm not an expert in DDoS attacks as I don't even know how to execute them anyway.

Judgement

I don't know s*** about it either, but I have heard that there's only so much a DDoS protection can handle depending on the level of the attack and such.  Also heard of a group that will DDoS for money.
Super Smash Brothers 64!

Meta

DDoS protection works by keeping the attack traffic away from the target with filters and the raw capacity of the ISP to absorb it.

Jenova

History always repeats itself!

Angra_Mainyu

Some are repeat Jenova, but not everyone.

I'm not on Cookie side nor play at his servers, but, u can't say that everyone that once belong to HoS will always behave like that.

Zigizo

I dunno why anyone is bothering. It doesn't matter whether it is or isn't him, because either way, nothing will happen.

The best path to take in this situation forum-wise is to move on.

potatopie

QuoteI dunno why anyone is bothering. It doesn't matter whether it is or isn't him, because either way, nothing will happen.

Actually, legal action will be taken. We don't even need to confirm if it was him or not. DDoS is something that should not be taken lightly.

Nitrous

potatopie

Getting mad over a person who has the capability of controlling over thousands of infected computers to flood a particular tunnel's bandwidth and disrupt internet service for everyone using that tunnel.

P.S. Hosting *Athena files isn't illegal. Its the clients needed to play the server that are illegal.