DarkDevine

Quote from: Final on May 01, 2010, 08:15 PM
Quote from: Habuka on May 01, 2010, 08:05 PM
Plan of action:

Put owner in HoS
Owner gets pissed
Owner rage quits
Server shuts down
You forgot the part where he comes here complaining his server shouldn't be in the Hall of Shame and stuff..
The most important part: Drama.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Shinn

or "someone" *cough* could just take it down and end it all.

Cheers.

P.S your welcome

cause after all the drama, I still slain em.

Need a site done? contact me.

Descent

Ooh, 403s...either he got my IP or everything is on lockdown...anybody giving his link a try?
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

DevilEvil

I wonder why the host's replies are contradictory. First one ask you for logs and second one tell you it's not possible lol. RO is full of leechers and thiefs, anyway.
Visit DivineRO.net

Green

Quote from: Descent on May 01, 2010, 09:52 PM
Ooh, 403s...either he got my IP or everything is on lockdown...anybody giving his link a try?

The former.
Still up and going for me.

I am so disappointed their "Not joining the server? Tell us why" link isn't working. =(

Yukino

Same with their other pages... like "Start Ragnarok". After you click on an option on that page, it leads to a dead page.
They didn't even have a page for "What is Ragnarok?" D<.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Kisuka

Quote from: Descent on May 01, 2010, 09:52 PM
Their banning the IP addresses of those visiting their site to complain about the stolen design.
My IP was banned as well.

This is really getting annoying :\

orix1357

That's just plain cowardly of the owner. He should try appeasing the gods of RMS first. (Well, he'll get chewed up by them anyway XD)
Has played in: aeRO, heRO, OracleRO, ReboundRO, AriaRO, IntenseRO, VastRO, LuminaRO, AerialRO, NyuubiRO and PumpkinRO.

Yukino

It's just that their host wouldn't bother to deal with this situation ><. They should realize that they are "truly" hosting and that obviously with all those broken links every other page, that website was not created by them. If you click on links on the main pages, they lead to nowhere.

DarkDevine

Quote from: Yukino on May 02, 2010, 05:54 PM
It's just that their host wouldn't bother to deal with this situation ><. They should realize that they are "truly" hosting and that obviously with all those broken links every other page, that website was not created by them. If you click on links on the main pages, they lead to nowhere.
Even though, for the host, there is no direct proof that the website was stolen.
There is no way to find out which one is the copy of the other.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Kisuka

Quote from: DarkDevine on May 03, 2010, 01:24 AM
Quote from: Yukino on May 02, 2010, 05:54 PM
Even though, for the host, there is no direct proof that the website was stolen.
There is no way to find out which one is the copy of the other.
The last modified date on my site is older than theirs on some pages.
Their source code is horribly generated from some program compared to mine.
Their site was only just registered on 2010-04-27, mine's been registered since 2005-07-13.

Anyone with half a brain can see theirs is the copy/rip-off.

Yukino

You can also see how more than 30-50 pages are broken links compared to the original server's website. Not even their front page links all work. Same with the footers as discussed before. Even their staff page is missing and also the sitemap which their missing pages say "We apologize for the inconvenience. If you were not able to find the page you are seeking, please utilize our sitemap." Their sitemap page is a broken link compared to RagnarokRevolution's.
Wow, they are getting quite some players already. I say, it's the effect of the website they took. I can't see how their community is that friendly (players' reviews) if the Admins edit what their players type.

Habuka

Tell the police. Walk up to one of them and say "THESE PEOPLE STOLE MY WEBSITE DESIGN! LAWSUIT PLEASE!!". It's gonna work.
I Is Warned

Final

Quote from: Habuka on May 03, 2010, 06:21 PM
Tell the police. Walk up to one of them and say "THESE PEOPLE STOLE MY WEBSITE DESIGN! LAWSUIT PLEASE!!". It's gonna work.
Agreed but I would make sure to become the Police first..then go..and..Woops finger slipped =D

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

ilphithra

The host is german... that about explains everything and you won't get anything done.

Allow me to clarify (as currently I live in Germany):

- Germany is the land of the "im ordnung", that means that everything has to be done in accordance to set in stone methods and a certain order or it doesn't get done at all.
- Unless the law and very heavy proof of theft is mixed in this, they won't do anything because it's not "im ordnung". Sending them mails and screen shots is not substantial evidence of theft.
- Someone said to sue the people that stole the website. The website is located in Europe so it's protected by German/European laws. Sorry to burst your bubble but in Europe, you can't sue people for farting your way like you can do in the US.

In other words, you have very little chance to get the site taken down due to the difference in laws and methods of operating, sorry.
Still, good luck an I hope you manage to get it done.
How to deal with an INTJ (excerpt):
- Don't expect them to respect you or your viewpoints just because you say so. INTJ respect must be earned.
- Do not be surprised at sarcasm.
- Do not expect INTJs to actually care about how you view them. They already know that they are arrogant bastards with a morbid sense of humor.

Warning: Please don't read my posts if you are: easily offended, someone who can't take critics, someone who can't take sarcasm, someone who can't take bluntness, if you're too sensitive in general, if you fail at reading and comprehending text.