ForsakenRO rips off from AlphaRO

Started by Kristen, Nov 09, 2007, 09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zone

Ok, I emailed him telling him this report it here.

zycoh024

:'( GM can u pls..pm me or reply...
nid 2 talk with..thx im a newbie hir in forum dont
know how pm u...plzz..
ive been hacked.../sob   :'( :'( :'(

Majora_younglink

Quote from: zycoh024 on Jan 21, 2008, 05:20 AM
:'( GM can u pls..pm me or reply...
nid 2 talk with..thx im a newbie hir in forum dont
know how pm u...plzz..
ive been hacked.../sob   :'( :'( :'(

Er, go on the actual forum of the server you're part of because I doubt anyone on this forum can really help you now.

Unless this is on the RMS test server that is, then post that you've been hacked in the proper section of the forum it should be and wait for someone there to help you.

Zone

1. Go to forsakenRO forums and post that you have been hacked, and use proper English so you are taken seriously. (I thought you were just making fun of people when you posted.)
2. If you are hacked on the RMS test server, it wouldn't matter, everything you get can be @item'd and the server is reset every 30 days.

Tira

Just noticed this thread - ironically, it links closely to a PM I received from a player on my own server today:

QuoteI was checking out the top 200 and tried out forsakenRO because I was bored sad.gif

So, download the server yourselves and check it out. I was worried that you all made a secret HR and didn't tell us, LOL.

They stole alot of Celabrai's rings, hell, THEY STOLE THE GAZEL HAT.
They probably took the palette town from your GRF, instead of finding it and downloading it themselves. They probably did the same with OP, lol.

Give it a check-out, they also stole parts of your patcher. I couldn't .rar all of the things, so I .rar'd collection images and whatnot. Click!

I pmed celabrai to make sure he didn't just give them permission, he didn't and told me to PM you.

Enjoy your laughs, I sure had mine.

P.S. I sent this to you too Reyl incase Tira doesn't see this.

After checking this out, they've basically gone through my GRF and stolen sprites made by my staff intended for exclusive use on my server. They even have a Drooping Doll made as a gift for a GM in there - the most hilarious part is that they haven't even renamed it, it's STILL called Drooping Gazel in their GRF.

So, yeah, in light of this, website theft doesn't exactly come as a great shock to me.

rosefox911

Regarding the GRF Issue; I have spoken with Tira and we have cleared this out; we did not steal anyone's GRF .spr and .act nor anything relating to that. I believe Tira can confirm this; also We in no way have ripped off any website the coding is completely different the images are completely different.

MWright967

Quote from: rosefox911 on Mar 08, 2008, 11:17 AM
Regarding the GRF Issue; I have spoken with Tira and we have cleared this out; we did not steal anyone's GRF .spr and .act nor anything relating to that. I believe Tira can confirm this; also We in no way have ripped off any website the coding is completely different the images are completely different.

ROFL at this.

rosefox305

I fail to see how this is funny regardless; I forgot my old account's email so I made a new one my msn is [email protected] not [email protected] Feel free to add me. Kingdom you and I both know you are lieing, you forgot to mention the part where you started a mini-riot and tried to steal as many members as you could while flaming every single GM on our forums. We forgave you of these flames and told you to stop yet you continued. I would be more than happy to clear up any lies that my ex-GM has stated and I take full responsibility if I am guilty of anything. Once again my msn is [email protected] .

Tira

Quote from: rosefox911 on Mar 08, 2008, 11:17 AM

Actually, this is not resolved. You claimed that you didn't personally steal my GRF content, and were rather provided it by someone else - however, completely aside from this, I still asked you to replace the sprites in question in no longer than two weeks. That was over a month ago, and today someone posted this on my server forums:

QuoteHello. I visited this server [EssenceRO] and tried it out for a few days a few months ago. I stopped playing RO after this one. But this week I started playing again, looking for a high rate server. Now, I was shocked to see that when I started the server I literally thought I was playing essenceRO again. A list of similarities:

* The square when you mouse over with the cursor
    * Old Payon as the main town
    * Day Ring and Night Ring, renamed as Day Aura and Night Aura
    * Drooping Gazel and Tira head gear
    * Safari Zone
    * Even patcher notice has identical formatting

Is this just coincidence or are the customs from this server available to a wide range of people? If these customs are meant to be exclusive to essenceRO, my ethics would force me to discontinue playing on the high rate server and, most likely, relocate myself to this one.

So apparently, all the sprites in question are still there and still in use on your server. You even have a DROOPING TIRA doll, seriously. Either way, I'm getting sick of it now. Remove the sprites and then you can say that there's no problem - until then, you are still guilty of blatant theft.

EDIT: Oh, even better. Upon checking your forums to see if the ridiculously tiny credit and link back you provided to my server was still there - surprise, surprise, it's not. Seriously, this is pathetic. Get some original content.

Prottain

ForsakenRO rips from EssenceRO and the images are not completely different.

The dolls are proof enough. Tira drooping doll belongs to EssenceRO where Tira actually plays and is an admin. Gazel drooping doll was made because Gazel use to be an event GM on our server and then she had to tend to real life issues.

Neither player has ever went to ForsakenRO so there should be no reason why their drooping dolls are there. Also, further evidence that we indeed have developed the things we did is our EssenceRO forums, where things are suggested and discussed before they are implemented, all logs are available to the public with a creation of an account.

Also, neither Tira or Celabrai have distributed any of our EssenceRO sprites or given any private servers permission to use our sprites.