EdenRO Corruption.

Started by Habuka, Apr 17, 2010, 01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habuka

It's a shame because Scifo put alot of work into it just to have it turn out bad because of the admins stupidness.
I Is Warned

Scifo

Quote from: Kyomi on Apr 17, 2010, 06:54 PM
Oh man..I know Awn personally, we GM'ed together on an old server we met on, and we've been friends for almost a year.
He does tend to have a bad habit of showing strong favoritism to his friends, but I never thought he would go this far.

I'm a little ashamed to call him a friend now. ._.

He ran another server before..MischieviousRO? He shut it down due to not being able to pay for it, last I heard.

Lol you heard wrong.  I was his scripter on MischievousRO as well under the name of Cruxis.  We shut down the server because he hired multiple gms that sucked up to him for no reason with out consent of his gm team.  Additionally, he would constantly ip ban people just because he didn't agree with their suggestions.  He PMed me one day in-game and said "heyy help us advertise again! The servers dying D:".  Our population went from around 20 to 2-5 people.  I replied to him that the server died because of his amateur GM skills.  I also considered him as a friend so I gave him a second chance.  I suggested that we shut down mRO and reopen with a different name so our reputation isn't so bad.  Him being my friend, I made a deal with him saying that he can not pull any of his stunts he did on mRO or I would quit.  And, of course, he said okay.  Eden opened 3 months after mRO closed and it was a success until I left for 3 days for a school activity.

"[color=red]Courage,[/color] is the magic that turns dreams into reality."

Kyomi

I was just going by what I saw on his MSN status, I didn't know what actually happened. My apologies. Thanks for clearing it up, though. ;o

Yeah, he kinda lacks in professionalism, and his intentions aren't always the best. I can't tell you how many times he whined to me about wanting to be a GM for a server with a good population, or wanting to be a GM at all. He even got mad at me once because I was GM'ing for a fairly populated server. I told him "Don't you OWN a server? Why are you complaining?", and then he proceeded to complain about his server not going anywhere. It just seems he just wants to be a GM/admin for the power and popularity? Kind of a dumb reason to start a server. ._.

He's just not really in the position to be running a server, anyways. I mean, earlier he was telling me how he's looking for a place to live. o_o;;
He just needs to deal with IRL issues before taking on the responsibility of an admin for an RO server. :x

And he also needs to realize it's not a good idea to cheat, even if it's your own server and you can pretty much do whatever you want. Don't expect players on your server if you're doing stupid shiz like that. D:

Habuka

His is a crazy wannabe dictator. Whenever I would try to talk to him about his corruption he would say "I'm the owner, I can do whatever I want".
I Is Warned

Kyomi

And an attitude like that is the reason he'll never be a good GM, let alone a server owner.

henzosan15

Again the server is good, but another admin is corrupt. >_<

But we had fun! :D

btw, scifo can we have a contact on you? We are like 15+ ppl looking for a new good server.

IGN: iAmHenzo
Guild: Supreme Gods (Leader)

Tom~

Fail.

I knew EdenRO was going to fail after I left for my trip -which has been hella fun :D-. I logged on their forums like 3 days ago, and saw a topic about corruption on the announcements. I was like "wha-- by when I come back, this server is not going to be up anymoar D:", oh yay, I was right!

I feel sad for Scifo and Habuka, though. Both of them really cared for the server -at least that's what I've heard-. Good luck with any future projects you may have (:

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Scifo

Henzo, I need you may.  PM on here and ill give you my msn.  I am planning to work for another server.

Tom, I've heard quite a bit about you from Habuka! :)  Thanks for your support.

"[color=red]Courage,[/color] is the magic that turns dreams into reality."

henzosan15

IGN: iAmHenzo
Guild: Supreme Gods (Leader)

Scene-Star

wth. Moonlight was Xero's Legit. scifo did his best to make the server better and Habuka too.