DivinityRO - The last nail in the coffin.

Started by outsideheaven, Aug 03, 2012, 04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warp

Quote from: Cawliflower on Aug 10, 2012, 04:03 PM
Yes, because she was against your "Take Down Divinity with Snowy" coup. You guys are liars and made this thread based on lies and faked logs you had Snowy manipulate.

U mad? Because I got witness proof of it now. Scared?

No... because skype group calls have a 24 person limit, and she was offline anyway?

Jolen

I am saying when snowy went and made this a public thing which was apparently a set up which i myself was on teamspeak when a certain GM confessed it was all planned...not taking any sides but that just made me lose all respect for snowy...not that i ever had any for her anyways

as far as who i am lol...dont worry you will find out sometime

Cawliflower

No, this comes down to the GM team being unable to handle players for Snowy's case. For Avalanche, it was a failed attempt at trolling and as they're friends with Snowy from Aeirheim they decided it'd be great to fake this entire "plot". Nice job, Snowy. We've got all the proof we need and the community doesn't seem to be affected. If they were, Jolen wouldn't be in this thread. Funny thing is if I asked Jolen (SNL), Youri (Squirtle Squad) and all the other guilds/guild members if they wanted items they'd be like f*** no". Avalanche so pro. QQ more outsideheaven.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

Jenova

Quote from: Cawliflower on Aug 10, 2012, 04:47 PM
No, this comes down to the GM team being unable to handle players for Snowy's case. For Avalanche, it was a failed attempt at trolling and as they're friends with Snowy from Aeirheim they decided it'd be great to fake this entire "plot". Nice job, Snowy. We've got all the proof we need and the community doesn't seem to be affected. If they were, Jolen wouldn't be in this thread. Funny thing is if I asked Jolen (SNL), Youri (Squirtle Squad) and all the other guilds/guild members if they wanted items they'd be like f*** no". Avalanche so pro. QQ more outsideheaven.

Are you seriously blaming them for accepting free items from a GM? Welp, haha.

Cawliflower

Quote from: Jenova on Aug 10, 2012, 10:12 PM
Are you seriously blaming them for accepting free items from a GM? Welp, haha.
Screenshots = fake and planned by Snowy/them. Faked logs, et cetera.

So no, I don't blame them for accepting items from whomever. Truth is, if it bothered them at the time they would've left the server and reported it immediately. They accepted those items from whomever (as Jolen and other said before RMS mods wiped the last few posts). It was a coup and a plot to destroy the server and one of Avalanche's guild members (outsideheavan's guild he runs is Avalanche) confirmed it to everyone and told us they planned it out.

lol. Worst coup ever.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

yC

Some pages of posts are irrelevant and thus removed.

Regarding this request:

Quote from: Cawliflower on Aug 10, 2012, 03:14 PM
yC/RMS Moderators can verify my IP has been changed for the last few months as I've moved from San Antonio. Please do so as this is becoming a completely different accusation and is irrelevant to the thread. She is my cousin, you know, so of course we've played RO and such at the same house. Euphemia also has logged in under my IP before.

Without revealing too much of our user information as per the privacy policy.  I can say that based on the logs in this forum, Cawliflower were logged to be using the IP shown in the previous screenshots (because Cawliflower acknowledged in public that it is his IP, it became public information) until June of this year and he uses a different IP thereafter. 

However, I am not seeing what I provided help in any way on both sides.  To be fair and to avoid the misuse / misleading of information:

1.  The IP being different at times provide reasonable information to support the claim that Cawliflower relocated over the last few months or he is in possession of more than one internet connection.

2.  Because we have no information up until today about this "cousin Serah", her existent is still not proven.  It is the case that we have the IP of Cawliflower now and later and they are different.  It is not the case that we have a "cousin Serah" coming from that previous IP of Cawliflower to support the story any further than what is stated in #1.  I won't be surprised this could happen like a deja vu in the near future just because I said it.

Now onto the importance of the existent of mysterious "cousin Serah" just to put the thread back on track:

Case 1:  She exists and is provided the information that she is the cousin of Cawliflower.

Point A - As someone pointed out, even in court you can't use your relatives to support yourself because of the "relationship matter". 
Point B - With all respect to RO players, we all know the result of the poor botter who tells GM: "cousin was on my account she does does not speak English".
Point C - Other information here points to that Admin account at level 99 could be shared.  Then chance of other accounts are being shared is reasonable high.

==> This leads to the nullification of any proof from "cousin Serah".

Case 2: She does not exists.

==> This leads to the conclusion dated as back as to the first post of this topic.

I don't know what's left to be done regarding this "cousin Serah", turns out she is not important anymore.  Maybe we'll go back to focus on finding proof that Cawliflower is not corrupt to restore the confidence to his server.

Cawliflower

Awesome, yup. I just recently moved in with my bf so that makes sense. The IP before must've been back at home. I don't remember... Euphemia and my cousin are at my house and vice versa A LOT prior to me moving 2 months ago.

Either way, people use the same IP all the time especially when you know them IRL. We always GMed at each other's houses. The small RMS forum community and a few Avalanche trolls have no confidence in the server. Our community has since gone unaffected by the happenings.

Thanks yC. Baiiiiiii guys.

Boreas

So to sum this up, items were given out, by who doesn't really matter because of what yC pointed out already. You never share your GM account with anybody, why would you? That's as bad as giving out items right away. In other words, everybody who posted in this thread is aware of what went on, including me of course. Shame on you Cookie, I will never play your server.

Then again, I gotta agree with Cookie and his last posting. Sad story, but very true: nobody cares about this section of the RMS forum. It's nice to watch, but only trolls or people who are generally interested in drama will (yes, like me). Nobody is gonna check the "Rant and Rave" section before joining a server, so this whole story is entertaining but pointless.

Thank you for the great time I had tho, had quite some good laughs at this whole situation.

A moderator should lock this now as the thread won't go anywhere and Cookie should be put into the HoS - oh wait.

Aerox

Quote from: Boreas on Aug 11, 2012, 05:34 AM
A moderator should lock this now as the thread won't go anywhere and Cookie should be put into the HoS - oh wait.

I think this topic should be kept so more people can post their opinion regarding the matter.  I started playing probably under a year ago and had quit months ago as I was tired of the corruption myself.

Despite yC's attempt to be objective on Reply #95, the fact is, I have to agree with everyone else regarding Cookie's corruption.  I have always thought it was fishy how swift Cookie was in covering his tracks.  He had always permanently banned GMs and players including their IPs from his server and forums; reframing explanations so that it would benefit him (even though most of what he says is lies).  In other words, this person is selfish, immature, and will do whatever it takes to to get away with misconduct.

I think the primary reason why there are a decent amount of players on DivinityRO is because there is a lot of filtering that occurs on DivinityRO.  Cookie edits and deletes a lot of posts at an amazing speed.  To be frank, most people don't visit this section of RMS (or the forums at all) and so they're not likely to see these posts and have an objective record on his activities.  I advise people reading this thread to take a quick peek at the information he puts on his forums, and to see the amount of information he discloses to blind the masses.  If people actually bothered to investigate, it would be blatant that he only admitted to activities where there's concrete proof against him, but tries to hide everything else under the carpet the best he can.

I think the question that should be asked in the end is whether you trust this type of person or not.  This guy is straight-up one of the worst human beings I've ever witnessed my entire life.

For those who don't know this person very well, I recommend you check this link out. CTRL F and search for Cookie, Colin, orSkinnyBoy.
http://forum.ratemyserver.net/hall-of-shame/gm-hall-of-shame/

Take the time and do a little research on his past activities.  Reflect on the content of this entire thread and the previous reports made within the link, and make the decision yourself on whether you want to believe in Cookie or not, or if you want to support this kind of person.  I personally don't believe this person will ever change.

If you are adamant about not supporting Cookie, and want to take it a step further, it wouldn't be a bad idea to log on his server yourself and talk to people regarding the matter.  Share them the link to this thread.  See how they respond.  Ask them to share the link with others.  If there's one thing Cookie is good at, it's taking advantage of ignorance and controlling the masses.

DeuxeVonL

If players cared so much about what happened on a server they play on, they'd investigate. A mass email was sent to users via the former GMs. That alone would/should have triggered users to go out and possibly check out Cookie. It's pretty obvious they've accepted what's happened, and moved on (or don't check their emails) to continue playing. That's up to them.

Cookie is in the HOS, his sig represents that (what people think of him as an individual isn't the point). What is astounding is if people knew he was corrupted, and clearly say it over, and over. Why on earth work for him for so long, then suddenly pop out and say "I've had enough"? I don't get it. It does seem fishy, no matter which way you swing it. I mean, it's not like he was even paying you to work for him.

I mean, lets say they do as you say Aerox. The mods leave it open, and people post opinions. Quite frankly, their all useless opinions. He's already been reported/HOS for being corrupted. He's put it in his sig here, and I'm sure by now the interested bunch from Divinity have seen it, and have spoken about it and formed their own beliefs. Obviously, his server is still obtaining players, and going on.

I just don't see it. Why keep it open any longer?

PS: Not taking sides.

Warp

Quote from: DeuxeVonL on Aug 11, 2012, 10:56 PM
If players cared so much about what happened on a server they play on, they'd investigate. A mass email was sent to users via the former GMs. That alone would/should have triggered users to go out and possibly check out Cookie. It's pretty obvious they've accepted what's happened, and moved on (or don't check their emails) to continue playing. That's up to them.

Cookie is in the HOS, his sig represents that (what people think of him as an individual isn't the point). What is astounding is if people knew he was corrupted, and clearly say it over, and over. Why on earth work for him for so long, then suddenly pop out and say "I've had enough"? I don't get it. It does seem fishy, no matter which way you swing it. I mean, it's not like he was even paying you to work for him.

I mean, lets say they do as you say Aerox. The mods leave it open, and people post opinions. Quite frankly, their all useless opinions. He's already been reported/HOS for being corrupted. He's put it in his sig here, and I'm sure by now the interested bunch from Divinity have seen it, and have spoken about it and formed their own beliefs. Obviously, his server is still obtaining players, and going on.

I just don't see it. Why keep it open any longer?

PS: Not taking sides.
When players inquired about the email on the server's forums, the threads were deleted swiftly. Also, after conversing with people who have recently joined, the players there DON'T know about it.

Aerox

I think Warp's response pretty much sums up the majority of my response, but I'm gonna elaborate a little more anyway.

I honestly think there's some truth in what you say Deuxe, but I myself have registered with fake email accounts on DivinityRO, so I never even knew about those emails until I read about it in this thread.  I also never knew about this thread until a friend of mine who frequents the RMS forums often linked it to me on vent.  I personally am very rarely on the RMS forums.  The only reason why I ever come here is to check out the server advertisements when I'm server hopping.

I also didn't know Cookie was Cawliflower until I read this thread.  Imagine the amount of people who skim the forums and wouldn't catch that they were essentially the same person.  Not to mention I didn't even know Cawliflower advertised his membership to the Hall of Shame until someone made it conspicuous in a post.  As for why I didn't notice the signature, it probably has something to do with the fact that I never take the time to glance at a signature, which is probably why I never noticed it.

I think you're forgetting the fact that most people are too lazy (or would rather be playing) to even bother to put the extra effort unless there's great incentive to them.  If I were to look at it objectively, if I was a normal player who wasn't aware of Cookie's past corruption, I would accept Cookie's explanation on the forums and assume he really had changed.  In this case, people thought that the ordeal wasn't a big deal because it appeared no one was making a big deal about it when in reality Cookie deletes posts fast.

If you were to compare the information on this thread and the amount of information on the DivinityRO forums,  you'll find that a large amount of information was filtered to Cookie's favour.  From what I've seen, I can guarantee you most players that do care about corruption at DivinityRO still perceive Cookie in a positive light (and is most likely the reason why they are probably still there).  I think most people tend to forget that information tends to get filtered, and that filtering usually occurs out of bias.  This isn't necessarily indicative of corruption, but in this case, if you were to read the forum posts on DivinityRO you'll notice a big distinction (assuming none of the information has been changed/edited).  I would also like to clearly state that it is difficult to truly say that DivinityRO really did grow, as I've heard recently that a large portion of people online are actually vendors.

If I believed someone like Cookie was capable of change, I would probably still play the server myself.  But I don't.  And I'm sure many people would feel the same if they were as lucky as I was to stumble upon this thread, which I guarantee you, I would never find out about if no one had ever linked me. 

When I first learned about Cookie's past (and present) corruption, I had informed my guild and about a dozen friends and they had all left the server with me.  That's a fact.  You really have to have been playing the server a while and to be really active on the forums to realize the fishiness present.

As for closing this thread because all opinions would be "useless", I disagree, as Warp's post is empirical proof that this would not be the case.

Editv2: Claims of server growing may be a fallacy.  I just checked server population and more than half the server was merchant-related classes.  It doesn't mean all of them are vendors, but I can guarantee you a lot of them are.

outsideheaven

Quote from: Warp on Aug 12, 2012, 02:40 AM
When players inquired about the email on the server's forums, the threads were deleted swiftly. Also, after conversing with people who have recently joined, the players there DON'T know about it.
Pretty much. A guy joined a new server we started playing on and he asked of any of us played DivinityRO. We told him about what happened and gave him our GR card (Which I traded before my account was banned.) He got bored by the next day and quit. Now he's playing on a new better server, woo.

Danimi

We were staff; we worked with Cookie. We definitely had access to staff-bound resources and confidentials. A normal player couldn't sight it easily because of lack of power, so we had a wider vision of what happened behind the scene. We cared so much for the players to the extent that we informed the playerbase about it.

For me, what we did is not enough. Not all players have forum accounts, not all players use their real email, not all players read our concern, and not all players witnessed the drama. All must be informed; they are players. They have the right to know and we have the right to let them know. To the players of Divinity, please read this thread.

I won't care anymore if the players continue to play after knowing what happened. It is their right to freedom of decision. Cookie is already on the Hall of Shame so I realized it would be useless to throw negative feedback. Too much feedback have already been spilled, so all I just want is for them to be informed of the existence of this thread, and for them to read about it.

Happy reading, and may God bless you all.

Edit: Also, this is Dan, your (players) former enforcer. :)

yC

Now the discussion on the way the information is given out remind me of what lead to the downfall of EuphRO (correct me if i referred to the wrong server it was couple years ago).  Wasn't the corruption and how the admin was on drug, use the donation money to buy pot was announced in yellow text /b global broadcast on the server by another admin or gm?  That way the whole server or at least those that were online at the moment would be aware of it.  Screenshots will be taken and post all around the RO world.  Those interested to investigate or discuss it further can find their way easily. 

That would be the most effective way in spreading information that you want to make it non-retractable and undeletable.  It is kind of mean but I am just saying what we can learn from history.