DivinityRO - The last nail in the coffin.

Started by outsideheaven, Aug 03, 2012, 04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomosuke

I think that this issue has reached a point where this should be closed.  However an issue I want to raise is that this server, and possibly many others are receiving unfair reviews, based on GM corruption, then suddenly that affects guild competition ratings and what not. I think the people in this thread should move on, you've given whatever information already, you've mass e-mailed people already, I think that's enough information dissemination as it is. Because I think if you continue beating a dead horse it won't look as if you're trying to be self-righteous, it would seem as if you're bitter and desperate in seeking vengeance on the corrupt GMs you're attacking. Give a fair review, if your only problem was corruption, then let it affect only the GM part of the review. So can we move on now, or are you planning to devote the rest of your life to actively attacking the server and its administrator?

Warp

Even the guild who defended cookie, calling us **** sucking scrubs", is against him now. Going so far as to claim martyrdom for revealing the corruption. So noble~

scio

I find it incredibly bizarre, as one who's been on divRO for months and seen a lot of GM's, guilds and players come and go, that Cookie is actually attempting to make Snowy seem like some kind of villain. She's one of the nicest, most honest and most genuine GM's I've *ever* had the pleasure of dealing with, and not just on this server but on the pserv scene as a whole. It'd be like saying Mother Teresa was secretly in cahoots with the Nazis. Come on. You're not fooling anyone bro. The more you try and edit your server's history, the most obvious it becomes.

I fear I may have helped the Cookie propaganda machine myself, as my guild supported his server through thick and thin, even when friends of mine from major guilds that had left warned me about his ongoing corruption. He has even publicly admitted to at least three major instances of corruption (each one tied to a separate WoE guild at the time), but hey.. 4th time is the charm? I guess? Derp.

All in all though, meh.. it's just a game. It was fun for a time, and I met some good players that I'll probably try and convince to come along with me to eternity v4. As others have mentioned, this thread will probably have no impact on the server, though I personally wish a thread like this existed months ago (not the ones attacking Cookie's history with his other servers), as I probably would have got out a lot sooner.
[color=#888]tell me how my nature feels[/color]

tomosuke

Who's right and who's wrong is extremely relative in this scenario where there is a lack of substantial evidence. With the rise of Photoshopping, unless it's a video or something witnessed by numerous people who aren't tied together by a guild, then it is still questionable evidence.

Some intellectuals don't think Mother Theresa is deserving of her status, does that make them wrong? No, it doesn't because everything, especially online where lots of things can be edited.
Not trying to say that Cookie is or is not deserving of this, however what I want to say is that judgement has been passed a bit early. yC was right, unless a lot of other people not tied by the same guild witnesses it firsthand then it isn't something that really convinces players.

This became one big he said she said scenario.
Unless something new comes out, because I'm sure both sides milked this enough,  you guys should just stop this issue.

@warp - Which guild who defended Cookie are you referring to?
@scio - And you're planning to join a server which also had history of GM corruption. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I heard it from friends who've been on eROv3)

scio

Quote from: tomosuke on Aug 14, 2012, 07:31 AM
Who's right and who's wrong is extremely relative in this scenario where there is a lack of substantial evidence. With the rise of Photoshopping, unless it's a video or something witnessed by numerous people who aren't tied together by a guild, then it is still questionable evidence.

Actually, you can analyse the screenshots with http://fotoforensics.com

Nothing seems out of place to me. Of particular interest are the GM log screenshots that Cookie claims were photoshopped by Snowy. ;)

@scio - And you're planning to join a server which also had history of GM corruption. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I heard it from friends who've been on eROv3)

No, you're right, eROv3 had some corruption. But IMO, v4 should be considered as a fresh start. Plus I mean... comparing apples to oranges here.. AFAIK kar doesn't consider 15v15v15 to be the recipe for an "epic" WoE.  /heh

Boreas

Quote from: scio on Aug 14, 2012, 12:34 PM
Actually, you can analyse the screenshots with http://fotoforensics.com

Nothing seems out of place to me. Of particular interest are the GM log screenshots that Cookie claims were photoshopped by Snowy. ;)

No, you're right, eROv3 had some corruption. But IMO, v4 should be considered as a fresh start. Plus I mean... comparing apples to oranges here.. AFAIK kar doesn't consider 15v15v15 to be the recipe for an "epic" WoE.  /heh

Why? After all you have the same admin, what makes you think something will change?

scio

Quote from: Boreas on Aug 14, 2012, 12:55 PM
Why? After all you have the same admin, what makes you think something will change?

I think people should given a 2nd chance. Trouble with Cookie is that he took a 3rd and 4th.

DeuxeVonL

Quote from: scio on Aug 14, 2012, 01:01 PM
I think people should given a 2nd chance. Trouble with Cookie is that he took a 3rd and 4th as well.

I personally don't believe people will break habits, well, at least easily any ways.

Good luck on there though.

Aerox

I think the kind of evidence you seek is a little unrealistic given the amount of people who have posted in this thread and the amount of information/screenshots provided.  Even in a courthouse, a witness could be lying (similar to your argument regarding photoshop), but when multiple parties that are known throughout different RO communities verify the evidence presented, there has to be some truth in what happened.  Not to mention the reviews, and other rants regarding DivinityRO in other threads/places lead up to the same conclusion: Cookie possesses blatant Machiavellian characteristics and will do whatever it takes to pass off as innocent or minimize the effects of this discussion.  Based on your criteria for substantial evidence, I wouldn't even know how to prove Cookie's ninja abilities when it comes to swiftly deleting threads.

I don't know about the credibility of http://fotoforensics.com as I have not tested it or researched it, but if you're so inclined to collecting "substantial evidence", you might as well try the server for months and talk to veterans until you get concrete evidence.  I think the statistic probability of you finding corruption (assuming Cookie doesn't lay low anymore) is statistically more likely than someone who was recording the corruption at hand as a third party.

I myself joined one of these guilds and acquired an item that was not obtainable at the time (I don't know if it's implemented already cause I haven't touched the server in over 6 months), so I know for a fact that corruption exists based on empirical evidence.  I've even seen a player (who apparently had dropped items in town to prove Cookie's corruption) hold a +10 Elemental Sword, which to many players with adequate knowledge of the game, is a red flag for corruption.  I have heard there was an instance where there was an instance where a MvP Card had "dropped" and this caused players to QQ.  The result was a wipe.  To be fair, I wouldn't even be surprised if this card didn't actually drop.

I don't know about you, but the fact that this many people are speaking about him and providing all those screenshots is enough substantial evidence.

scio

evidence is sort of irrelevant at this point since cookie himself admitted he was corrupt in the past and just recently. now we're supposed to believe he's changed. fact is, i think most people on the server are aware he is corrupt, but, sadly, they simply don't care that he is. out of desperation i think, as there isn't really a viable alternative for MR servers at the moment. the new ones just get squashed by DDoSers.

i don't know why, but this kind of silliness seems to be commonplace on MR's. divRO is just a particularly good (or bad?) example. maybe because everything is so easy to get that rare items that don't drop (ie GM @item'd) are the only way to coax people into joining.

never been a fan of MR's myself. i thought the server was silly from start to finish, but people i know went there and there wasn't really an alternative after uvRO and then avrisRO died. really happy to see eternity coming back  /kis

cookie is a bit of a goof. trolls make bad gm's. he's a great dev though, and i don't think anyone can deny that. one silver lining is that i think he's started to realize he is terrible at PR/managing things and is trying to avoid it in favor of coding. i hope for the sake of users left on the server he smartens up.

yC

Oh ya, since it is not just a rant anymore, I'll move this to the hall of shame shrine (which only registered users are able to see, it's setup this way so the forum don't just attract drama ...).

Will add this topic to the HoS profile of Cookie.

If there isn't any more new evident to show I'd appreciate no more new posts beyond this line.  Thank you.

Anonymous16

COokie is sucks, seriously, his a F***ing corrupt GM only wants more money, and making excuse about paying the server DDos attack*and still server always down from DDoS attack*, but the truth is that he has stash loads of money bcuz ppl buying MVPs card secretly and most of them really kiss and lick COokie donkey so well that shines brighter than the sun......

Remember his selling UMBALA SPIRIT with slot(only selective ppl got there hands on it cuz Cookie planned it and organized the auction)  well The UMABALA SPIRIT is the least of problem, the fact is he spld GR,GTB, THANATOS, Deviling and many more MVPs card(almost every single on mvps) and his talking about server stability and balance  /omg............. wat a joke

I post this msg cuz one of the player showed it to me and say that GM Cookie is the one behind it all ( dont believe that his cousin did it cuz it is not true he did it and his cousin didnt even know the password of his account, that is only excuse to get away from the topic and accusation)....... /no1

And if any player tried to post  some information about the scam and corruption of so called "GM Cookie", he always delete it so that it wont trace back to his ugly action of corruption, i know cuz i tried posting it in his website, and when i ask him WHY DID HE DELETED THE POST HE JUST REPLIED "ITS MY WEBSITE AND MY GAME and U dont HAVE any CHOOSE, U EITHER FOLLOW ME QUIETLY OR LEAVE"............. that means if he gives some1 an mvp cards then he cant complain and do a s*** about it /an..........

its an eye opener for me and i will not play never again in his corrupt server.............

maybe some of u just dont give a s*** about this but im telling the truth, (every person that recieve the mvps from COokie always saying "I was hunting/grinding and im one of the oldest ppl in this server" but it is not true at all Cookie feed those words to that ppl so that if some1 ask thats the line they always say and if they tell the truth COokie just gonna ban there account and act like it didnt happen just like HS, and AVALANCE GUILD.......

well anyway its up too u to decide but i did warn you and no matter wat happen pls..... pls .... dont donate no matter wat cuz u only gonna regret it...........

Nika

Quote from: Anonymous16 on Aug 21, 2012, 06:41 PM
COokie is sucks, seriously, his a F***ing corrupt GM only wants more money, and making excuse about paying the server DDos attack*and still server always down from DDoS attack*, but the truth is that he has stash loads of money bcuz ppl buying MVPs card secretly and most of them really kiss and lick COokie donkey so well that shines brighter than the sun......

Remember his selling UMBALA SPIRIT with slot(only selective ppl got there hands on it cuz Cookie planned it and organized the auction)  well The UMABALA SPIRIT is the least of problem, the fact is he spld GR,GTB, THANATOS, Deviling and many more MVPs card(almost every single on mvps) and his talking about server stability and balance  /omg............. wat a joke

I post this msg cuz one of the player showed it to me and say that GM Cookie is the one behind it all ( dont believe that his cousin did it cuz it is not true he did it and his cousin didnt even know the password of his account, that is only excuse to get away from the topic and accusation)....... /no1

And if any player tried to post  some information about the scam and corruption of so called "GM Cookie", he always delete it so that it wont trace back to his ugly action of corruption, i know cuz i tried posting it in his website, and when i ask him WHY DID HE DELETED THE POST HE JUST REPLIED "ITS MY WEBSITE AND MY GAME and U dont HAVE any CHOOSE, U EITHER FOLLOW ME QUIETLY OR LEAVE"............. that means if he gives some1 an mvp cards then he cant complain and do a s*** about it /an..........

its an eye opener for me and i will not play never again in his corrupt server.............

maybe some of u just dont give a s*** about this but im telling the truth, (every person that recieve the mvps from COokie always saying "I was hunting/grinding and im one of the oldest ppl in this server" but it is not true at all Cookie feed those words to that ppl so that if some1 ask thats the line they always say and if they tell the truth COokie just gonna ban there account and act like it didnt happen just like HS, and AVALANCE GUILD.......

well anyway its up too u to decide but i did warn you and no matter wat happen pls..... pls .... dont donate no matter wat cuz u only gonna regret it...........

Dude, you are my hero. Best comment ever.

Cawliflower

As I said many times in this thread, all of Snowy's drama was orchestrated by her and her boyfriend.

Here's the same staff that left with her, apologizing for their involvement in her non-sense:

Vanity - http://forums.divinityro.com/index.php?/topic/3659-an-apology-to-all-players-throughout-the-server-and-the-divinityro-staff-itself/#entry27840
Dan - http://forums.divinityro.com/index.php?/topic/3658-personal-apology/

I'm a firm believer in second chances. They were good GMs. That leaves really only Snowy, Seryth and Xyrin left as Deviluke and Youri decided to not leave a day after.

Just thought this was relevant to this dramz.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

Mewi

I guess since this post is already at the top, it doesn't matter if I reply a month late.  So

Just keep in the back of your mind, that whenever considering any of Skinnyboy's ( Cookie ) evidence, that he is known for modifying serverside files, hijacking player accounts, and posting this modified/fabricated evidence to prove his innocence.  Now he does a horrible job at this regardless but....

Just a warning~  Because I know,  in a month or sooner... there will be more Cookie drama.  I think he is trying to become #1 Hall of Shamer on RMS, seriously.

~Celeste~