BogusRO advertisement spam

Started by Archie1989, Jun 23, 2009, 11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelishi

Quote from: Descent on Jun 24, 2009, 12:34 PM
I could have sworn I asked not to start this copyright nonsense again, it only derails threads and turns the whole thing into a farce.

Give me logical reasons why you think copyright related issues are non-important and "a farce".

Descent

Quote from: Angelishi on Jun 24, 2009, 12:35 PM
I could have sworn I asked not to start this copyright nonsense again, it only derails threads and turns the whole thing into a farce.

Give me logical reasons why you think copyright related issues are non-important and "a farce".

Why? Because everybody and their mother has their own interpretations about it, 95% of them being false.

Want to argue copyright? Go to dA and RUNE, not here. It's been proven in the past that copyright in threads leads to flame wars and other nonsense.

RateMyServer.net =/= Copyright central.

LiteX

Because this topic is not about them? Let's talk about something more important than copyright then..., so kids, stay on topic and no derailing
ライテ‐エクス

Angelishi

Quote from: Descent on Jun 24, 2009, 12:38 PM

Why? Because everybody and their mother has their own interpretations about it, 95% of them being false.

Want to argue copyright? Go to dA and RUNE, not here. It's been proven in the past that copyright in threads leads to flame wars and other nonsense.

I asked for logical reasons, not the reason why every subject on the internet turns to crap.
Everybody has their own interpretations about ANYTHING, "95%" of these being false.

If we use that as an argument, then there would be no need for forums or anything, because in my years using the internet - or life in general - almost any, if not all, subjects contain morons who start idiocy, flames, etc. Wether it is copyright issues, spam issues, or whatever.

One, two, or a zillion morons, is no reason to ignore a subject.
Copyright violations are serious - otherwise why do you think every webpage on earth where you can submit or do anything has a little contact section that goes like this "If your copyright has been violated blah blah blah fill this form etc etc now the crap is deleted".
Posted on: Jun 24, 2009, 04:45 am
Quote from: LiteX on Jun 24, 2009, 12:38 PM

Because this topic is not about them? Let's talk about something more important than copyright then..., so kids, stay on topic and no derailing

Thought this topic was about BogusRO - BogusRO is commiting copyright violations, ergo, it would be placed here so there can be ONE place for all complains about it, at least that's how it has been for a long time - there's a thread with a certain subject ? Then all sub-subjects go there, in order to not spam the whole forum with new threads.

Note: I apologize if my behaviour is harsh/rash/etc, I can't stand people ignoring these things with such lame reasons.

LiteX

Quote from: Angelishi on Jun 24, 2009, 12:47 PM
Quote from: Descent on Jun 24, 2009, 12:38 PM

I asked for logical reasons, not the reason why every subject on the internet turns to crap.
Everybody has their own interpretations about ANYTHING, "95%" of these being false.

If we use that as an argument, then there would be no need for forums or anything, because in my years using the internet - or life in general - almost any, if not all, subjects contain morons who start idiocy, flames, etc. Wether it is copyright issues, spam issues, or whatever.

One, two, or a zillion morons, is no reason to ignore a subject.
Copyright violations are serious - otherwise why do you think every webpage on earth where you can submit or do anything has a little contact section that goes like this "If your copyright has been violated blah blah blah fill this form etc etc now the crap is deleted".
Posted on: Jun 24, 2009, 04:45 am
Quote from: LiteX on Jun 24, 2009, 12:38 PM

Thought this topic was about BogusRO - BogusRO is commiting copyright violations, ergo, it would be placed here so there can be ONE place for all complains about it, at least that's how it has been for a long time - there's a thread with a certain subject ? Then all sub-subjects go there, in order to not spam the whole forum with new threads.

Note: I apologize if my behaviour is harsh/rash/etc, I can't stand people ignoring these things with such lame reasons.

Doesn't Chex use a Creative Common's License for it, not copyrighted?
ライテ‐エクス

Descent

Listen here, you. I don't have to prove anything to you. Obviously you registered today, which makes me wonder if you're just here to stir the drama pot or make a big deal over fanart, either way, I really don't care.

I'm telling you what I know from previous experience on RMS with these copyright threads. You can either take it or leave it, but I don't need some condescending lecture from you in the process.

Yeah, the topic is about BogusRO advertising on other servers and the attitudes on forums of their staff(with focus on the former as opposed to the latter). The art theft is another nail in the coffin, now let's stop attempting to derail this thread with your copyright nonsense. We've heard the speech here on RMS to the point where we've almost memorized it, and nothing good ever comes of it.

EDIT: Just in case you're wondering, do I think what they did was right with the art? No. But the only person who should be pursuing this is Chex(Since this isn't Fanart and is 110% hers) and Chex ALONE. Besides, she saw it, she's probably going through the motions as I write this.

@LiteX: That's an original work, Chex has the upper hand with this one.

Angelishi

Quote from: Descent on Jun 24, 2009, 12:56 PM

Listen here, you. I don't have to prove anything to you. Obviously you registered today, which makes me wonder if you're just here to stir the drama pot or make a big deal over fanart, either way, I really don't care.

I'm telling you what I know from previous experience on RMS with these copyright threads. You can either take it or leave it, but I don't need some condescending lecture from you in the process.

Yeah, the topic is about BogusRO advertising on other servers and the attitudes on forums of their staff(with focus on the former as opposed to the latter). The art theft is another nail in the coffin, now let's stop attempting to derail this thread with your copyright nonsense. We've heard the speech here on RMS to the point where we've almost memorized it, and nothing good ever comes of it.

---

Doesn't Chex use a Creative Common's License for it, not copyrighted?

Joined today because I had a reason to join, which is this.
What fan-art ?
The picture isn't a fan-art or anything like it. It is an original story, with original characters, that belong to her.

---

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

These people erased her marks and didn't mention anywhere where the work came from.
In fact, the Administrator claimed to have drawn the image.

No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

Again, they EDITED the work, which is also a clear violation.

---

With all of that said, I see no need to carry this.
There is enough proof and screenshots of this server and the administration to take them off their host sites (web and forum) if chex would like to.

I would also like to clarify that I am in no way affiliated with her, she is not aware of my actions, neither am I aware of hers.

Ezl

I don't see any "evidence" of anything, what "rules" did we break? Perhaps if we were a DeviantART account, then you'd might have my balls in a tight spot. Let me remind you what RATE MY SERVER IS.
It's not a fan art squabble discussion board or a "dis ma picture, REMOVE"

And it's definitely not where you go shopping. So, I don't see why you're here. Take up your cause on Deviantart, you aren't going to get much support here.

Btw I checked, there's no way she trademarked the "character" she only trademarked THE NAME. Which we clearly haven't used. So stick to the lollipops and sunshines because this arguement is getting old.

Omi

Green

Quote from: Ezl on Jun 24, 2009, 02:39 PM
I don't see any "evidence" of anything, what "rules" did we break? Perhaps if we were a DeviantART account, then you'd might have my balls in a tight spot. Let me remind you what RATE MY SERVER IS.
It's not a fan art squabble discussion board or a "dis ma picture, REMOVE"

Well, considering dA are obligated to remove it... because it's against copyright laws/illegal.
Hmmmm.

Anyone else here wondering if BogusRO is aptly named? <<

Ezl

Quote from: Green on Jun 24, 2009, 05:41 PM
Well, considering dA are obligated to remove it... because it's against copyright laws/illegal.
Hmmmm.

Anyone else here wondering if BogusRO is aptly named? <<

Why doesn't dA try to remove it? Right, right. You guys forget what this is, it's internet. I don't think any of you guys have anymore power than the hot gas you're blowing.

I suggest this topic be locked, under these circumstances, none of you guys have brought credible evidence against our server and this is looking a lot like a b****-fest than an actual report.

Descent

Quote from: Ezl on Jun 24, 2009, 05:47 PM

Why doesn't dA try to remove it? Right, right. You guys forget what this is, it's internet. I don't think any of you guys have anymore power than the hot gas you're blowing.

I suggest this topic be locked, under these circumstances, none of you guys have brought credible evidence against our server and this is looking a lot like a b****-fest than an actual report.

Uh, put the brakes on there for a second.

There's a clear screenshot of you offering 15$ in Donation Rewards for advertising on other servers, which is the basis of the report.

wireless

wtf I really hope this server is someone's weird joke or the GM is like 12-13 years old  :-X stealing stuff, spamming and bashing other servers and being such a **** in this thread, and the site is on Freewebs. can't be serious.

Xarale

Quote from: wireless on Jun 24, 2009, 06:13 PM
wtf I really hope this server is someone's weird joke or the GM is like 12-13 years old  :-X stealing stuff, spamming and bashing other servers and being such a **** in this thread, and the site is on Freewebs. can't be serious.
I found it hard to believe too, but trust me, it's no joke.

I really have to wonder why people play on a server with an admin like that.  In the majority of all threads in their forums, he is seen insulting/putting down his own players.  He even makes references to Hitler for the German forum section, and has a Swastika badge under his name. (along with a Swastika loading screen)

Another amazing post from the admin, this time regarding one of his own GMs;

Ezl

Quote from: Descent on Jun 24, 2009, 06:04 PM

Uh, put the brakes on there for a second.

There's a clear screenshot of you offering 15$ in Donation Rewards for advertising on other servers, which is the basis of the report.

And so i'm guilty of making a topic? Bravo! Rate my server police has solved the case and whined aptly enough. Perhaps we should discuss our punishment now abo- WAIT
There IS no punishment and there IS nothing that Rate my Server can/or will do about it. The topic has been deleted and that's more than enough on our part. Now maybe I can get some work from you guys and you can stop wasting our server's time.

Close the topic, I've seen your little "hutch" dear suggest "close" and you jump down her panties like she was actually givin' you something.