Advertising on ReboundRO forums.

Started by Tom~, Oct 30, 2009, 09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yC

Quote from: GorthexTiger on Nov 03, 2009, 07:10 PM
How hard would it be to check the headers and verify if the same IP address was used to spam the ReboundRO forums, with the IP that was used to send the email to your inbox?

All the admin has to do of Rebound, is cough up the IP address used by the spammer (unless they used a proxy), and then verify the IP which sent the e-mail.

It's been done before, back when everyone was crying about how Gravity was sending out emails to close down their servers (which was spoofed to look real). The topic was on the eA forums, and if I can find it, I'll link it here.

@yC: Just because ReboundRO isn't a member, doesn't that mean you should still take action on the party that started it?

If it's proven that the email did indeed come from their admin, then this should be solidified, that way we have history of BattleRO's transgresions; simply saying

Quote from: yC on Nov 03, 2009, 06:53 PM
It is not our job to take action in any cases if Rebound RO is not a member of RMS.

Doesn't seem to make much sense to me, especially since just registering (correct me if I am wrong) but is free, so potentially, everyone here COULD be a future owner.

It's like the a company paying the mob for protection then going out and attacking someone and then expecting the mob to protect them.

Didn't mean to derail the topic, just my 2 cents.

I don't think it's that likely for the spammer to use his/her server's IP to spam in forums.  That's up to forum owner to verify, I don't see any IP shown in this topic.

It is not our job to take action in any cases if Rebound RO is not a member of RMS.

That is because if you are not a member of RMS how are we suppose to provide support to your server.  It's the same old "RMS is not the RO Server Police" reason. 

For example, if X RO (not a rms member) is getting spammed by Y RO (is a rms member).  Y RO is in the listing, okay sure they caught red handed and we do something to Y RO.  After that, someone reports X RO is spamming Z RO.  Okay, what can we do when X RO isn't even in our listing, go ask the RO police because RMS can't do anything.  So it doesn't work the same both ways.  It's not fair to current member, we have to set the limit there. 

Without an account we can't even verify if you are the server owner, we have the right to ask for verification when needed (i.e. if you are the owner you should be able to put your RMS link somewhere under your domain to show ownership).

So, that's that.

GorthexTiger

Quote from: yC on Nov 04, 2009, 02:27 PM
Quote from: GorthexTiger on Nov 03, 2009, 07:10 PM
How hard would it be to check the headers and verify if the same IP address was used to spam the ReboundRO forums, with the IP that was used to send the email to your inbox?

All the admin has to do of Rebound, is cough up the IP address used by the spammer (unless they used a proxy), and then verify the IP which sent the e-mail.

It's been done before, back when everyone was crying about how Gravity was sending out emails to close down their servers (which was spoofed to look real). The topic was on the eA forums, and if I can find it, I'll link it here.

@yC: Just because ReboundRO isn't a member, doesn't that mean you should still take action on the party that started it?

If it's proven that the email did indeed come from their admin, then this should be solidified, that way we have history of BattleRO's transgresions; simply saying

Doesn't seem to make much sense to me, especially since just registering (correct me if I am wrong) but is free, so potentially, everyone here COULD be a future owner.

It's like the a company paying the mob for protection then going out and attacking someone and then expecting the mob to protect them.

Didn't mean to derail the topic, just my 2 cents.

I don't think it's that likely for the spammer to use his/her server's IP to spam in forums.  That's up to forum owner to verify, I don't see any IP shown in this topic.

That is because if you are not a member of RMS how are we suppose to provide support to your server.  It's the same old "RMS is not the RO Server Police" reason. 

For example, if X RO (not a rms member) is getting spammed by Y RO (is a rms member).  Y RO is in the listing, okay sure they caught red handed and we do something to Y RO.  After that, someone reports X RO is spamming Z RO.  Okay, what can we do when X RO isn't even in our listing, go ask the RO police because RMS can't do anything.  So it doesn't work the same both ways.  It's not fair to current member, we have to set the limit there. 

Without an account we can't even verify if you are the server owner, we have the right to ask for verification when needed (i.e. if you are the owner you should be able to put your RMS link somewhere under your domain to show ownership).

So, that's that.

Makes sense, I guess it would be a bit unfair I suppose.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Decist

I heard that ReboundRO took some btro players with them >.>

Usagimimi

Quote from: Decist on Nov 14, 2009, 06:42 PM
I heard that ReboundRO took some btro players with them >.>

What's btRO?

And from what I'm aware of, ReboundRO didn't advertise on other servers or ask their players to "steal" other servers' players - there's even a topic about it in the forum [General Discussion]. RRO's playercount consists of OracleRO MR players and a bunch of Guilds that came to RRO from other servers (by free choice, of course). Poki advertised RRO on RMS for a while before opening and the forum already had 88+ members before the server was even online.

I don't think that someone went to btRO specifically to drag players with'em; if they were already there, and invited their friends, then that's completely fine.

orix1357

Proof please, Decist.

You perfectly know there are a lot of reasons why those guys left btRO.
Has played in: aeRO, heRO, OracleRO, ReboundRO, AriaRO, IntenseRO, VastRO, LuminaRO, AerialRO, NyuubiRO and PumpkinRO.

Usagimimi

What's btRO D:< I'm still lost!

Oh, and you should probably change your signature to "Onions and Chives (ReboundRO (MR))", Orix.

Final

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

Usagimimi

GorthexTiger

Necro troll post is a necro troll D:

MEM-MAY GET!!11
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Final

Quote from: Yusifer on Nov 14, 2009, 09:14 PM
Quote from: Final on Nov 14, 2009, 09:03 PM
Battle?

What's the "t" for >>
I'm guessing lol. Maybe it's...Bomb Toronto RO?  Or....Bad Tents RO....XDDDD

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.