Admin Noah (a.k.a. Peach). Untrustable.

Started by Reality, Apr 21, 2013, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reality

Hello RMS.

First of all...

PLEASE DO NOT BRING UP MY ACCOUNT SECURITY IN THIS THREAD. IT IS IRRELEVANT.

That is not what this topic is about. This topic is about Noah/Peach.

I am here today as a player of DivinityRO. I am a well-geared High Wizard with a high standing in BG. Well, that would have been true, about 7 hours ago, before my accounts were hacked.

I logged in and my equipment and valuable items (including badges and BG gear) were all missing. This was hundreds of hours of work. I'm very distraught about this, as I now have to start completely fresh, again, and rebuild my characters and double the hours of hunting and BG farming.

The good news is that thanks to the staff of Divinity, I have been able to research the source of the IP address that logged into my account this morning, posed as me (and, according to rumor, even used a Megaphone to shout "I love ****" with my character), and dropped, sold, and destroyed all my items.

Here, you can see the login history of my account. The login at 10:46:05, today, was not me. Take note that this is the only login where the account name was not capitalized, as I do that out of habit when logging in. The IPs and my username are obstructed for privacy and confidentiality reasons.

Spoiler

[close]

This was not the only account that was hacked. Many of my other accounts were hacked as well, and I have been left with nothing. I can post those login records if requested, as well.

I took it upon myself to do some sleuthing...

Spoiler

[close]

Portland, Oregon, it says. I know somebody who lives there, and has the motive to ruin me!

On a hunch, I checked...

Spoiler

[close]

This is the Skype account of GM Noah of PureRO, also known as GM Peach, a GM who I have worked with closely on both EquityRO and LeviathanRO. I met her when she was staff for DivinityRO about a year ago. However, we parted ways with a large argument and disagreement, and fell out of contact. This argument occurred in early January, I believe. Still, before that, we were very close. I even gave her administrative access to my old guild forums to help me configure them up for my guild. Actually, this gave me a valuable lead...

Spoiler

[close]

I was in shock. We had not talked in months. She had access to my logins much, much before this. This was unexpected, especially of an admin of a new, growing server, PureRO. I still don't know what the trigger was, for such a malicious act. I could not believe she would actually risk the success of her server, her credibility, and all the trust her players have in their administer, only for petty revenge. I thought she was above this. After confirmation from DivinityRO, I am very disappointed...

Take note that her IP is dynamic, and the IP was different back then than it is now. This IP is similar, but that's not the hard proof. The email confirms the identity.

Spoiler

[close]

Lastly, there are many people who can confirm that Noah is in fact Peach's new handle.

Spoiler

[close]

It has been confirmed. Noah/Peach was the one who had logged onto my account this morning, and dismantled all that I had worked for.

I feel very disappointed and violated, and the community who has placed their trust in her should feel the same.

-Reality

Cawliflower

Just a FYI, Peach has also had a knack, ever since her fail server EquityRO was destroyed when I re-opened Divinity, or maybe an obsession for all things Cookie. This is a prime example of the kind of nonsense that she tries to get away with. On top of that, they've opened roughly 3 servers in less than a year? It's ridiculous. I recently had a player actually PM me on my forums saying they found files from Divinity in PureRO's GRF.

Also... I found this and had a nice laugh. I'm assuming Peach is trying to ditch her identity.

Here Peach, I've got some advice: stop running servers, and remember to proxy when you're hacking into people using their passwords from YOUR server databases.

In all honesty, I nominate Peach for the GM HoS. She has stolen websites, hacked into people, and abused her GM privileges many times. It's getting ridiculous.

Good riddance.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

Reality

I would like to admit that I did in fact grant permission to Peach to log into my accounts, a little less than a year ago, to help me test something.

This does not change anything. She abused the knowledge she had for unjust reasons, and it is not her right to slander my name, in-game, and completely destroy all my hard work on DivinityRO. This is absolutely unacceptable behavior.

In the process, she has risked her reputation, along with the reputation of her server.

-Reality

Bue

@reality; as a general rule in CS, don't ever use the same password for everything. (hint)

@cawliflower; how much of DivRO's grf was copied?

Cawliflower

Quote from: Bue on Apr 21, 2013, 08:32 PM
@reality; as a general rule in CS, don't ever use the same password for everything. (hint)

@cawliflower; how much of DivRO's grf was copied?
I don't know. From what I've heard, a majority of the files. Even individual maps that I just copied anyway from kRO. For example, turbo_room -> dro_mall. To be honest, players have told me about it and I haven't really cared enough to download their GRF files to search through them. I simply don't pay that much attention to other servers since I'm in-charge of actually developing my own on a day-to-day basis when I'm not busy with work. I just added that in for hilarity. It does make sense though as she did steal LuminaRO's design at one point.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

Reality

Quote from: Bue on Apr 21, 2013, 08:32 PM

Only my RO logins have the same password. Everything else is different.

-Reality

Saiku

*Grabs popcorn*

That's... a shame that you have all ro infos the same. I mean, if you already lost contact, doesn't that mean you should change your password? Not to mention that it wasn't a good "goodbye" either. In fact, I'm in a neutral zone for both of you. I haven't talk with Zane in a while (except regarding the server he's develop in or when he turned 21 and got drunk ._.) So I don't know who should I go with in this matter, but I don't think MrMystery is peach tho. Of course, It's just my thought.

Reality

Quote from: Saiku on Apr 21, 2013, 08:56 PM
*Grabs popcorn*

That's... a shame that you have all ro infos the same. I mean, if you already lost contact, doesn't that mean you should change your password? Not to mention that it wasn't a good "goodbye" either. In fact, I'm in a neutral zone for both of you. I haven't talk with Zane in a while (except regarding the server he's develop in or when he turned 21 and got drunk ._.) So I don't know who should I go with in this matter, but I don't think MrMystery is peach tho. Of course, It's just my thought.

She knew I was playing DivinityRO long ago. I thought that if she was going to do it, she already would have, especially during the heat of the moment. I thought she had gotten over it.

I guess you can't count on anyone to move on or be the better person, can you?

-Reality

Edit: I don't want to see another post about me changing my passwords or anything like that. My account security isn't the discussion, here. The topic is Peach's poor judgment and grudging personality. This is not something an admin should do.

aROPandora

Wow that is really petty.....And also why you should change your passwords every now and then especially if you know someone has your info

Xarale

Wow, that sure is petty behaviour.

There's definitely no doubt about it though, the evidence is overwhelming.  Way to go Peach, you've been caught out, and now your credibility has dropped through the floor.. and for what?  Petty revenge?  Hope you feel proud of yourself.

@Cookie - Request granted on the basis of hacking into accounts of players on other servers - Welcome to the GM Hall of Shame, Peach/Admin Noah.

Cawliflower

I appreciate it. She deserves it. Also, welcome to the club Peach.

Triper

Quote from: Cawliflower on Apr 21, 2013, 08:18 PM
I recently had a player actually PM me on my forums saying they found files from Divinity in PureRO's GRF.

Since this is a serious accusation, I decided to trade a bit of sleep and check this with my own eyes.
This is what I found :I
PureRO's GRF:
Spoiler
[close]

DivinityRO's GRF:
Spoiler
[close]

I only highlighted the dro_pvp and dro_mall files that are being talked on the PM because I though that those were the ones being target and forgot the hu_coast01 until I was going to post this but they're also present there as everybody can see so, not going to take new shots and re-download everything again just for that ...
If you're wondering about the Cowring Sprite files ... It's also present on both GRFs of both servers but that is a different case. It's a free to use sprite mob and it's well known for ages[since the times of the old eathena's forum!] and anyone can get it by using google and download it from some well known places[if terms of ro sprites ofc].

A big small note about this files - this doesn't mean that it was Peach who put them there, since any member of the staff could put it there and screw the rest of the team's reputation because they didn't know about such fact because a team is usually made based on trust[as much as this seems impossible], but it's present in their GRFs which is a bad thing for the entire server's reputation. If those files were put there, who guarantees that there isn't more? Well, let's just hope not.

If there is a good justification about this and it pop's up before I come here after lunch and all I posted:
ends being a lie - All I can say it's that I'm sorry for it. It wasn't my intention to damage the good name of the server.
ends being true - I just hope that this doesn't mean the end of PureRO and instead just a lesson learned for a better future of the server because it hurts seeing a place, where players call it home, being destroyed.

PS - I know that Xarale already said that he added Peach/Admin Noah to Hall of Shame but I added the pics anyway. In any circumstance, it will be here as evidence if it ends being true.

MrMystery

Triper,

The grf related issues I have discussed with Cookie on Skype so those have already been resolved. I don't think there is need to investigate it further as the problem and solution has been discussed over Skype between Cookie and I and I believe it has been settled.

Triper

Ok.
Spoiler
There are not enough words in this post.
[close]

Cawliflower

Quote from: Triper on Apr 22, 2013, 09:14 AM
Ok.
Spoiler
There are not enough words in this post.
[close]

There really isn't. I agreed to not further badmouth his server out of being respectful and gracious at that. However, I will admit that the admittance of said information at a time like this didn't show a genuine concern for being upfront and honest about the actions that they originally took when creating their first server -> present.