The How-Tos of Grinding it out on RO

Started by aDo, Aug 26, 2009, 12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aDo

Step 1: find yourself an extremely repetitive yet enjoyable song i.e. Tetris Theme or Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

Step 2: find a monster that you can kill in EXACTLY ONE skill

Step 3: go to a map heavily populated with that monster

Step 4: start playing that song

Step 5: turn your brain off and focus on the music

Step 6: start grinding

Have fun =D

Orange

i dont like music

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
:3

cheese

Also, wear those +20% exp cards that compound on your boots or make a starglad and leech to thors. Lulz.

CaramelToast

Also helps to combine multiple chores into one, such as wearing Raydric Archer accessories while killing Demons, or Li Me Myang Ryang accs when killing Angels, Myst Case cards, Mimic cards, etc. or hunting monsters that drop other useful items you could use, like Drillers for Gems + Frills (for Fire Resist Pots). 

If you can afford using that gear, of course.  Don't sacrifice survivablity/killability for extra loot.

Loki

Pay 50 cent to rap beside you while you grind.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Jadajada

Quote from: cheese on Aug 26, 2009, 02:30 PM
Also, wear those +20% exp cards that compound on your boots or make a starglad and leech to thors. Lulz.
10% as far as I know.

Broken Moon

Thanks, I have never thought about grinding to Daft Punk music... although I remember some sessions with this playing in the background, and I can say they were enjoyable.

The main problem of strategy, however, is just getting to the level of one-shotting everything. The easiest targets would be the Les assfairies in Moscovia Dungeon 1, or Hill Winds, I guess, but I have no idea of how to do it with anything stronger than those. Sdafjasdas.

Regret

I see this as an unneeded repetition of what players already know - in 99,9% of cases.

Listening to music while grinding totally chills. ;D

uncelebrated

'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

Ironfungus

Quote from: aDo on Aug 26, 2009, 12:17 PM
Step 1: find yourself an extremely repetitive yet enjoyable song i.e. Tetris Theme or Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

Step 2: find a monster that you can kill in EXACTLY ONE skill

Step 3: go to a map heavily populated with that monster

Step 4: start playing that song

Step 5: turn your brain off and focus on the music

Step 6: start grinding

Have fun =D

Alternative: RO music. Best type of music in the world to grind to.

Artariko

LAWL i been known that :P Any kind of techno or any bearable repetitive catchy beat is the best music to grind too :3
The rich wage war, but its the poor who die.

Leamee

Rap works well too. And do wear accessories, you never know what you could get. I like killing Raydrics with SL, estun esma dead. Any 10k hp mob is a good candidate for grinding.

Lin

Why music, if you have an big monitor like most people nowdays you can just stream your fav show and grind at the same time... easy.
Or watch tv at the same time

Jasdemi

You can easily grind to 99 (and beyond!) with the amazing horse: http://www.lookatmyhorsemyhorseisamazing.com/
:D

Triper

I usually just get some musics on the Windows Mini Media Player's Playlist of MSN Plus Live and LOOP/REPEAT/SET/GO!

I think last time I had stuff like Maximum The Hormone, Celldweller, Gigi D'agostino lol

boltoy

Listen to "Blink 182 - I want to F*** a dog in the donkey" and try grinding. fun :D