Snipers/Hunters BEST PvP Guide

Started by Dnaiel222, May 20, 2008, 10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LavenderScent

The problem with Hybrid Sniper vs SB SinX is the fact that Detect has horrible delay. Any person on the ball can rehide/cloak in the delay of DS.
Status grimming before going for the SB is usually used by SinXs. Which kinda makes it hard when most Hybrid Snipers have only med vit.

The only way a Sniper will win convincingly is if they are an experienced Sniper that remembers that Snipers do indeed possess trap skills (i.e. Sleeper). But I don't see too many of those nowadays, which is kind of sad.
.:: Lavender ::.

Poki

Detect is nothing when you have traps, but I do feel sad that there are hardly any snipers out there who uses their traps like a monster.

LavenderScent

Traps take time to prep too though :x Especially when you can't see where the opponent is coming from (as is the case here). Else, lay a Sleeper and AS (followed by the usual Shockwaves and final Ankle) :)

And yeah, it's sad when I mention Sleeper trap in PvP and people look at me funny :'<
.:: Lavender ::.

Poki

Well, a sniper has a quicker walking speed than a SinX since they have wind walk on their side.
Taking that bit of information in to consideration, it's just a matter of fact to know about this:

Majority (90%) of the players in RO will chase someone from the butt.

Many SinXs fall in to that category and therefore they will chase you with cloak up the butt.  All you have to do is windwalk, run a straight path and place a Sleeper and ankle snare if wanted backwards.

If they're immune sleeper, feel free to just stun with land mines (they do a considerable amount of damage as well if you're on FA build... approximately 1.2k+ per mine) and FA them every time they reveal themselves after taking a hit from a land mine.

Obviously they can out-pot that, but in a duel with no pots, you'd be declared the winner.

(If there were pots, then you must have to be lucky and hope that they aren't immune to sleep. If they aren't, make them fall asleep, drain their SP, place a sleep trap that is ready to be pushed by arrow shower, use FA and immediately put them to sleep before they can pot a lot. OR, just sleep/ankle snare and stack a lot of land mines and try to kiss them goodnight.)

fluidin

Hmm. Circumstances might vary if speed pot is readily available on your server.

Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Poki

Well, if speed pot was in play... then it's best to assume that the two players are both using it so technically, they're both just as quick and the trapping skills will have to be a lot quicker.

Allie

I use Dancing Dragon Card/Noxious Card/Kapha Card on a Valk Mant on my Sniper. (Switch them around).

Do not resurrect threads that are from more than 2 months ago unless you have something very important to say. 

LiteX

Quote from: Allie on May 13, 2009, 01:04 AM
I use Dancing Dragon Card/Noxious Card/Kapha Card on a Valk Mant on my Sniper. (Switch them around).

Erm...isn't this guide kind of old to be thrown back?
And wtf a *2 Hydra *2Skel Worker?

Like I said before:
1.6*1.15>1.4*1.3

And card % skill chances do NOT stack, and wtf at EDP being poison...

Honestly. edit your guide if you see any fails/flaws

And I expect horo to come in this guide and explode due to the number of flaws and saying "Best" in the title
ライテ‐エクス

Allie

Sorry >_>

It was very late my time and I didn't notice the date D: