Snipers/Hunters BEST PvP Guide

Started by Dnaiel222, May 20, 2008, 10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dnaiel222

With this guide you will be the best sniper/hunter on every server, trust me, I was the ebst sniper on almost all servers I played.

Alright starting.

Stats-
First 2 things you must know-

Dex- Bows power, the more you get the stronger your hit
Agi- Your Attack speed. The more ASPD you have the faster you are, on most servers- 190,192,195,197 are max ASPD so don't over go your agi on High Rate server or Super high. Okay if you got max ASPD max out your dex, on any server you need maxed Dex.Then the rest to vit and luk if you can.

Next- the items.

Basic items

Upper Headgear:    AoA/Apple of Archer
Middel Heagear:    Binoculars
Lower:   crunch toast,romantic flower or whatever looks good.
Optional- if your server has customs, always choose dex items (but if your agi isn't maxed get aspd once..WARNING GET THE ITEMS ONLY IF YOU MAXED OUT YOUR LEVELS!)
Armor:
on this you need to have some not just one card on an Armor

Card 1: Sasquatch or Garm- Sas-6% freeze enemy Garm- 50% freeze
Card 2: Marc- if you have this card you won't be abble to get frozen.
Card 3: OPTIONAL Asura Noob's worst nightmare- Ghostring- makes your armor on Ghost propert- it will protect you from Asura (Asura will do half of the dmg it should, in other words you won't get killed by asura)

Weapon: On most servers, you should use 2 Hydra Cards and 2 Skel Worker cards. they increase your damage on demi-humans
But if you don't want to someone to turn your damage to nothing get Status Card like cards that give dex+ something
And the best one out oif these 3 (its the hardest card to get on Ragnarok (most servers)) Thanatos Card-if enemy has def- his destroyed. the more def the more damage you'll do on them, in other words increases your damage by a huge amount like this I played XenaRO And before i had thana I DFed 40ks and when I got Thana ihitted 200-600k each DF so this card is really good.

Garment: Noxious Card is the way to go. Now you can go two ways with it either, Wool or Crest.

Foot Gear:Mytar card is what I like in either Tidal or BLBs.

Accessories:Wikebine cards, the ability to strip armor by 5% so if you have more then 1 you can have 10% and that is ALOT!!!!

Elements-

This is my little secret-

This card is really good on EDP/Enatch Deadly Poison sinx on high rate servers or any rate if they use poison on you then they are worthless with this card-

Evil Druid Card- makes your armor to the undead propert propert- witch means they will not hit you with meele cause Undead Kills Poison in other words, Poison does't work at ALL on undead. so you can kick their asses like nothing, BTW, Sinxs meele without edp is worthless cause its weak, so meele sinx are s*** agianst you can in either way, without EDP or any other poisen, their worthless against Evil Druid Cards (only meele sinx) cause without it their hit will be alot weaker. So if there is a server were meele sinx are overpowered you'll be abble to kick every sinxes donkey, unless one of them has thanatos, cause if they do, they don't need EDP cause with thanatos it will hit even more damage then regular.

Tips- if there are more snipers on the server you play, I have a good way to beat them, instead of Wiki card get the Acolyte/Endre Card from Lhz_dun02/Lightzen Doungen 2. Kill the acolyte atuoloot his clip and his card, and what his card does it peanuma skills (When a sniper strikes you with any arrow,falcon hit just so you know it will miss every hit) this card is a way to kill snipers and SBK/ Soul breaker/Soul destroyer cause SBK is a long range hit and Peanuma blocks arrows and some long range attack like Soul Breaker, so with this card and evil druid, you can kill every sinx, and BTW, if you see a high Priest don't attack him while having evil druid card, cause they will kick your donkey easily with Holy light or Mag make sure to kill the preist as fast as you can then put the evil druid and kill the sinx or sniper. And BTW, Sinx is a worthless job so you can know snipers > Sinx on every server, the only sinx that could ever kill is a sin with thanatos, cause i had no thanatos and then he beated me.

And yeah, if you have any qestions post them here, or if you have any siggestins to my guild post them are as well. Good luck in the PVP world as snipers, as my option, champs and snipers are th best. Champ(not Asura Noob)

Pandora

QuoteCard 3: OPTIONAL Asura Noob's worst nightmare- Ghostring- makes your armor on Ghost propert- it will protect you from Asura (Asura will do half of the dmg it should, in other words you won't get killed by asura)
Actually Asura should do only 25% if you wear a GR (75% damage resist).
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

blackgh05t

-Never met a sniper I couldn't out-pot (Don't play anything but 99/70)
-Most priests won't Magnus you, but rather Ress you.
-If you think sinX's can't take you down, you've obviously never met enough full SB sins.
-Why no details about traps in the guide? >:[

In any case. Thanks for an explanation on some gear. Sure it'll help someone. :]

P.S. : I'll have to agree that champs who don't asura everything that moves are the best.
eos
Est. 2008

Dnaiel222

Dude, I played a 2/2/2 server, and no sinx can ever beat me, i even beated a full donator sinx. that build is acctualy yhe best one you can ever see, sinx have no chance agains archer class(those who know how to play the game) with that guide i'll take you on on any server even on 1/1/1 server =]

Hakumei

Either you're that good or those Assassins suck badly, LOL.

blackgh05t

Well think of it this way. If I can outpot your damage, theres no reason to kill you, I'll just take your castle. :D
eos
Est. 2008

Dnaiel222

Not that easy, on the server i play all castels on every map they can their mine and 500+ ppl play.

Infection

This is far from being the best, ever. It's not even remotely close to being intermediate.

I would rate this a 2.. Maybe 3 for the effort.
sup.

Ashe

Snipers are s*** in woe. It's a fact.

Let's look at reductions hmm?

All skill based damage with the exception of Gloria Domini and Gravitational Field is reduced by 40%. [Skills like Double Strafe]
Noxious Garment 10%
2 alligator accessories 10%

That's 60% reduction of your duble strafe right there.

Assuming that your double strafes could do 4000 Damage to a player with no gear on whatsoever.
If a player equipped those in WoE, your damage would now be 2400.

Now let's throw on our -% Damage from demi-Human gears.

Feather Beret/Beret 10%
Cranial [Every GOOD SinX will wear one until they're in attacking range] 30%

Your double strafe damage is nerfed to 960. EASILY outpottable by a SinX, unless he's an idiot who has no vit at all.

edited

Sarin

Actually, even with no vit, good SinX>any sniper.

The fact is, in two seconds after battle starts sniper gets stunned, and in next second, SB blasts him off.

Also, speaking about equip: SinX that uses only enchant poison to get element is a noob. Converters FTW. So ED is no win. I use it myself, but because of profs and people using stonecursing cards.
Upper headgear-I'd use feather beret myself. You can get 150 dex without bless without having to use dex from headgears at all, so I think reductions (or Alice doll if it is available) will be better. Garment-dragon tail. +5% dmg is nice, agi+1 and flee +10 is good too since you have to rely on flee against physical attacks.

Some other things too, you haven't mentioned one essential..foodstuff. Dex and agi +3 are easily obtainable. For pvp cards, I use 3 hydra 1 skel worker...damage is almost identical against players without pecos, and you do better against fatties :D. And it is easier obtainable.

IMO your guide is little confusing. Most PvP snipers I know use two equip sets-status/stripping one, with composite bow filled with metaling and various status cards and clip with Wikebain, and damaging, with pvp bow and nimble gloves. What you got here is kinda...little of something and good in nothing...

And you totally missed one thing...traps.

Pandora

Quote from: Ashe on Jun 04, 2008, 01:58 PM
Snipers are s*** in woe. It's a fact.

No it's not! Snipers can do great in woe, in fact any trans/extended class can do great in woe if you play it well, thats the beauty of ragnarok, it's a pretty well balanced game.

I'm not saying you can beat anything with a sniper, far from it, but woe is team work and sniper can be a great asset in it. There's the obvious traps, as mentionned before, but you can do neat damage too. Everyone wears demi-human reducing gears so yeah you have to factor that in, but you also factor it in for any other class. As for noxious and 2x alligator, I don't know many people who wear that in woe, and if they do it just means they are less efficient and/or easier target for the other classes in your team (melee/magic).

If you end up alone against a sinx in close proximity you weren't playing well in the first place, and yeah maybe you will die, but that's because he shouldnt have gotten close to you in the first place (traps <3) and you shouldnt be alone anyhow, woe is about teamwork.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Loki

You can always give them status ailments, but its usually countered with panacea or green pots  :'(

I used to play on a server that uses Sniper as a support class. Traps everywhere, and then the status ailments.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

mark_sanbeda

my fav is also a champ  :D but can you tell me how to use the traps effectively? i see some snipers set up traps[i kinda forgot maybe it was a trap for stun or freeze ???] and use arrow shower to push back the enemies then kill them w/ DS or FA  :-[

superja

throw traps out everywhere, and drop AGI in favor of INT.

Snipers have fun traps that do things like knockback, drain sp, freeze, or just hold the enemy in place.

More fun than just DS-ing the junk out of some sinx is throwing down a skid trap in front of you to get them caught in an ankle snare and then falcon assault + blitz beat.

Of course, it takes some practice, obviously...

blackgh05t

Agi snipers still have their place in WoE!  Not as DPSers but good hit-lockers for those pesky speed potting sinXs.
eos
Est. 2008