Poki's long guide

Started by Poki, Jun 15, 2008, 01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poki

Well, I've decided to post a gigantic guide for as many classes I can think of. This guide does not include custom items, MVP cards, and no donated items. However, it includes equipment, stats, and tactic plays.

This is my guide, and no one else's. You do not have to use these builds and if you do, don't fail at it.
Use control + F and search for a class that you are looking for a guide for. If it's not there, it is because I'm too lazy to make one for you and you'll have to search somewhere else, sorry.

I will also not add any upgrades (+10) to equipments because it is up to you, not me.  If it were to be my choice, I would enslave you in to upgrading your equipments to +99, which is unlikely.

These builds are for LOW RATE and LOW RATE ONLY... 99/70

If you have any questions about a certain build, feel free to ask.  I'll do my best to answer them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STALKER

Equipment:

Feather Beret
Angel/Devil ears
Orlean's Shield [ Thara Card ]
Glittering Jacket x2 [ Sasquatch Card & Peco Peco Card ] --- and Evil druid if you're pro.
Mes [3] [ Two Skeleton Worker Cards & Hydra Card ]
Wool Scarf x2 [ Raydric & Punk Card ]
Tidal Shoes [ Verit Card ]
Ring [1] x2 [ Mantis Card ]

Stats:

STR: Exactly 80 (Including bonuses)
AGI: 1
VIT: Exactly 80 (Including bonuses)
INT: Exactly 80 (Including bonuses)
DEX: 1
LUK: 1

Tactics:

I will not explain the details in what skills you need to place your skill point in (Use the skill simulator: http://ratemyserver.net/skill_sim.php and just a side note: It will be difficult on your behalf to find out what skills I have chosen for this class)

You were given two Wool scarf and two Glittering Jackets.  I'll first explain why you have them before we go on to how your game play should be like.  First off, your sasquatch card in one glittering jacket is there for players with massive attack speed, players who cloak too much, and players who do massive amounts of damage in one hit.

The sasquatch will come in against those players because once they're frozen, they're likely to be stripped by YOU.
If it doesn't come in handy, bring some frost diver scrolls, test it out on them.  If they don't freeze, it's because they have marc card.  But don't you fret, you still have one more trick up your sleeve.

Using your given backslide skill, use it frequently after every hit you take up close or far away. Once you're out of sight, use hide and proceed slowly to your enemy.  Uncloak yourself and strip ONCE and quickly position yourself for massive back sliding.  Use this method if they do a lot of damage in one blow, or if they have insane attack speed, do not use this on weak players who can't hurt, or players who cloak against you.

When fighting someone with marc card, just switch armour in to the Peco peco for the HP advantage.  I advise using Peco peco in woe instead of Sasquatch card in woe. Just a heads up.

Anyways, you have the basics in to stripping a player.  Next up is how to kill:

Your main killing technique is the lost forgotten skill that barely anyone uses (That I see):  Backstab.

This skill will do 2.8k to players with no good defence and cards.
This skill will do 2.2k to players with average equips.
This skill will do 1.8k to Lord knights, paladins, and high priests.

You will be seeing 2.4k mainly however, because before you begin fighting, you start off with the "Stripping phases".

Backstab is a very tricky skill. You have to be behind them in order to use the skill.  I don't advise anyone who can't control their characters properly to use my build.  If you can, then you should be able to play like me, a walking backstab machine.

Stone throw is a handy skill.  Use it often to get far range people to stun so that you can come near to them, and against  casters.  It's very handy, trust me.

It's nearly impossible for you to die.  You can also fight players with MVP cards and still win, but barely.  It depends on your skills and control with the character (and luck, for those who like to believe in that).

Overall look:

14k HP
2k SP
2.6k Damage per hit
2016 Per heal
Never miss
Able to strip and freeze
Defence is near a Lord Knight's defence

A pally on sacrifice build with tao gunka can not kill you.  A sinX with full Sonic blow equips on EDP can sometimes kill you.  You can also either kill them or render them useless by stripping.  The classes that you can't kill are those with high HP who either heal, or pot spam.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SNIPER

Straying away from AGI/DEX builds, I'll give you one of the FA/TRAP builds.
FA/TRAP build:

I honestly have not seen anyone pull this off because of the lack of imagination.  Within this build, you must have serious skills to do it.  I mean it.

Equipment:

Feather Beret
Binoculars
Sniping Suit [1] x2 [ Peco Peco Card & Pest Card ]
Bazerald [ There are better ones, I believe ] (Keep a bow with you too, for arrow shower)
Orlean's shield [ Thara frog Card ]
Wool scarf [ Raydric Card ]
Tidal Shoes [ Maytr Card ]
Int Vesper Cores or Earings [1] [ some int card that I can't remember ]

Stats:

STR: 1
AGI: 1
VIT: 70+
INT: Exactly 90 (including bonuses)
DEX: 70+

Tactics:

Falcon Assault and traps are your friends.  Falcon assault will deal approximately 7k.  You can max out your int more and change your equips a bit more to deal 7.5k, but it;snot worth it.

Traps you will be using will be land mine, ankle snare, and shockwave.

Your job, as a sniper, is to live and pick off weak players.  This build is lovely against an entire guild by yourself.  I've managed as a sniper, to kill off 21 players before I died against a guild by myself.  The only problem with this is that you can barely fight off the stronger advanced players.

Thing is, I've been playing with AGI/DEX for so long that I've gotten bored of it.  There's a lot of players out there who use that build, and I've decided to try out this build.  I'm the type of person to do things odd. So if you like odd, you'll like this.

Using FA to pick off weak players, you'll be using that to detect pro players.  Anyone who suffers very inconsiderate amount of damage, obviously has the equips that fights against neutral properties.

In this case, learn to use arrow shower and prepare to spam massive amounts of traps.  First, ankle snare, run past it as they're chasing you, and arrow shower it to the direction they're charging it, you'll push the trap to the point where they'll be ensnared.  Once trapped, use 2 shockwaves and push it at the player following another ankle snare.  Once that snare is in the player again, you'll have a whole new time limit to go crazy.  Next up, stack 4-5 land mines but don't send it at the player, then push another ankle snare at the player.  Stack another few amounts of land mines, and snare once again.  Continue this process 1 more time then falcon assault, and push the land mines at them.  Each land mine will do 1.5-2k to normal characters with the right equips (no ghostring) and about 3k against those with ghostring.

That will kill them.
Be aware of the time limit you have for your land mines however, you don't want them to disappear on you.

Land mines are also helpful against SinX who are cloaked and chasing after you with EDP and sonic blow.  Constantly trap behind you and ankle snare if they really are behind you.

This build is capable of killing two DEX/AGI snipers.  Therefore, your sniper is as strong as two DEX/AGI snipers.  But you can't kill as quick as them.

You must know how to trap before you can use this build. Plus, as a little hint, if you're fighting against sinX's, spread land mines EVERYWHERE and FA when you see them step on one.  It won't take long to mass trap around the area.  It only takes about 20 seconds to do so.  Watch your SP though.

Overall look:

15.5k HP
2.2k SP
7k Damage FA
1.5-2k Damage traps
Lots of MDEF that magic is almost nothing to you
Average amount of DEF
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASSASSIN CROSS

I won't say any Sonic blow builds, or any soul breaker builds.  I'll just mention an EMP breaking build.

Equipment:

Feather Beret
Angel/Devil wing ears
Thief clothes [1] [ Sasquatch or Peco peco card ]
Gladuis [3] x2 [ Two Orc skeleton card & one Desert Wolf card] x2
Tidal Shoes [ Maytr Card ]
Wool Scarf [ Raydric card ]
Ring [1] x2 [ Mantis Card ]

Stats:

STR: Exactly 80
AGI: Exactly 80
VIT: 70
INT: 1
DEX: Exactly 40

EMP BREAKING:

Yeah, just be sneaky, get up there, go INSIDE THE EMP, LITERALLY, and uncloak and EDP and break it.

Overall Look:

You will break the emp in less than 5 seconds. Less than 4 seconds with Max upgrade on weapon. Less than 3 seconds with STR/AGI Food and the above and curse water.  Less than 2 seconds with ALL buffs and all of the above.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too lazy to continue.

Helrouis

+5 star and +1 karma. Very nice. Though I want to see your sinX part /ok.

blackgh05t

Yay a sniper guide that includes traps! +karma
eos
Est. 2008

Helrouis

Sniping suit + 2 kiel cards for sniper is totally deadly. Hmm i wanna try that one out.

Loki

QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Ansuz Isaz

... Yet another person that loves your Sniper build here! xD I need to go test this idea for myself. Heh. I haven't touched the Sniper class in a while. -Gives thumbs up for the awesome build.-

Helrouis

My option would be - Metaling + Wickebine tres cards for stripping off GR equipment. Or simply use casting bolts when fighting against players with deviling card.