How to Lose

Started by You, Nov 18, 2008, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

You

We've all been victorious on some level in Ragnarok Online, however, not many of us can truly appreciate a good FAILURE.  Our first instincts are to mash the pot key, use our last-ditch maneuver, or have our many friends bail us out in WoE or MvPs.  This is simply not the correct way to lose!  The lack of losses and dismal failures in RO is appalling, and out of sheer determination to see someone completely wipe their MvP party against an Eclipse, I have decided to write this guide.

Step 1: Setting Up For A Miss
The process of losing comes, believe it or not, far before the actual failure occurs.  If by careful premediation or downright misfortune, a failure does not occur instananeously.  First, let us analyze what can cause a failure.

The first thing that can cause a failure is, of course, yourself.  Analyze your character's stats.  Are they aranged in a way that benefits your character?  If you're wanting to lose, this is actually NOT the correct way to go about it!  If your server happens to have a resetter NPC, use it, and arrange your stats in a completely useless manner.  I would suggest STR, LUK, and VIT for a Wizard, for example, completely hampering your ability to do absolutely anything.  Such a setup would aid your losing considerably.

Let us not forget your equipment.  Or, if you're in the losing field, lack thereof.  Equipment only serves to benefit your character in some respect, and why do we need benefits when we are trying to lose?  The only thing we could gain from equipment is if you happen to have a specific card.  Namely, any card that drains HP/SP upon unequipping, can be equipped and removed repeatedly to drain yourself and further your loss.

Lastly, our skills.  We won't be fighting, and in fact be attempting to have the other person fight US, so feel free to ignore them.

If your server does not have a resetter, I suggest deleting your 99 Transed character immediately.  Not only does this mark you as an "epic failure" for deleting your character you worked so hard for, but you can also begin building a new character, designed to Lose, on the slot.

Part 2: Where to Fail
The obvious location to fail is the PvP room, where you can be destroyed instantly by an Asura Monk or something.  However, many other exciting ways await you to lose and die horribly.  Here are a few suggestions, other locations may require creativity on your part.

- Enter a duel with a powerful character as a level 1 Novice.  Novices are notorious for losing, so this should be your primary class for the task.
- Enter WoE in your Lose Build.  This serves as a collatoral loss, as your guild does not find you useful whatsoever, and may actually eject you.  If this happens, far not.  Simpyl enter the WoE map guildless, and your losing potential will skyrocket.
- It is also worth mentioning a facade may help you preform amazing losses.  If you are a High Priest in a Lose Build, you can join an MvP party and wipe the entire group, for example.  Such Losses are excellent for those who want to see others suffer along with them.

There are other places to lose, beyond the scope of this guide.  Your own intuitiveness comes into play.

Part 3: HOW to Lose

Losing, in RO, is usually simply dying.  This guide will cover that and other, "optional" ways to lose.

When in a PvP or aggressive monster setting, simply standing still or going AFK for a few moments can cause a loss without much effort on your own.  If you are striving for others to lose as a collatoral damage to YOUR loss, however, more strategy comes into play.

A good example would be during an MVP match, if you are capable of tanking the mob for longer than most others, luring it into your allies' vicinity before losing can cause them to die as well.  Such a loss is simple, yet very effective in causing mass amounts of failure in a brief moment.

A similar tactic can be applied during WoE, although not quite as well.  Annoying the precasters or your own guildmates into total disruption may cause them to lose a castle.  In addition, your losses simply by being killed would further your uselessness, and bring down the guild's effectiveness as a whole.

While losing is not a thing that is frequently discussed in RO, it is important that we all know how to lose effectively.  I hope this guide aids your quest to wipe MvP parties significantly.

Head Monocle of DOOM

lol

This guide is made of win.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

lol good for the laughs i guess

Aris

Loki

I followed your guide perfectly and was banned from my server.

EPIC FAILURE,

Thanks!
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Pow

I found this quite entertaining  ;D.

Well done, You.

-Pow
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

Head Monocle of DOOM

Now do a how to get everyone to hate/KOS you guide XD
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

Orange

Quite possibly the best guide. Ever.
:3

Pandora

[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Descent

Best. Guide. Ever.

Morris

Poki

Help please, I keep trying it but I always win against a level 1 novice.  I think they are doing the same thing too...

You

Quote from: Poki on Nov 19, 2008, 08:51 PM
Help please, I keep trying it but I always win against a level 1 novice.  I think they are doing the same thing too...

This and other pressing issues calls for an update to my guide, which will be done tomorrow.  And remember, tomorrow's always a day away.

CookieEater

Remember kids, the epitome of failure is a 99 Trans character getting beat by Mastering :P
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Poki

I have great news everyone! I learned that if I get myself banned in a server, I ultimately lose to the entire server in just one go!