How to create a private server. . . . .

Started by MWright967, Feb 13, 2008, 10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

horo

If I use my actual LAN IP/WAN IP, I too get that message from the char server, the only way to connect to the char server for me so far was using 127.0.0.1 for everything

If you do that, you probably end up right where I am :/

MWright967

/hmm

I suppose you could do that, however i've experienced that using your wan/lan makes for less lagg, but it seems to be the only alternative, so try it :P

horo

Ok what I now know by trying all variables of IP's is that the difference between accessing the char server or not relies on if you set your WAN IP to your actual IP, or 127.0.0.1

So

1. Why are we getting rejected by our own IP?

2. Why does 127.0.0.1 work for the char server, but not the map server? Finding the difference here is probably the solution.

Alezales

used 127.0.0.1 for all but i still cannot get from the char server.  ???
this will be a long trial and error.

horo

Also put it in your subnet? But it's not like it's a solution, can't do anything with just the char server.

MWright967

Quote from: horo on Mar 01, 2008, 08:07 AM
Ok what I now know by trying all variables of IP's is that the difference between accessing the char server or not relies on if you set your WAN IP to your actual IP, or 127.0.0.1

So

1. Why are we getting rejected by our own IP?

2. Why does 127.0.0.1 work for the char server, but not the map server? Finding the difference here is probably the solution.

Like I said, I used this method to set up my own server, and I have about 20+ active players on it. So there really is not reason it shouldn't be working for you. I would suggest you try the guide at http://www.neatocool.com. Mine is somewhat like it, but a bit more elaborate.

Alezales

thanks i forgotten about the subnet. oh right now im at the same position as you.  :)

horo

Quote from: MWright967 on Mar 01, 2008, 08:37 AM
Like I said, I used this method to set up my own server, and I have about 20+ active players on it. So there really is not reason it shouldn't be working for you. I would suggest you try the guide at http://www.neatocool.com. Mine is somewhat like it, but a bit more elaborate.

Do you have a router? I forwarded/opened the ports and even tried switching off the firewall but to no avail. I believe that it works for you, but there has to be a reason why it doesn't for us. Also that page doesn't work~

Alezales

might sound stupid but what is a port forward for? because i think that's where the problem comes from.

horo

If you have a router with a firewall you have to forward the ports for it to connect, map server would be port 5121 for example, but if you can connect to the char server that means you already should have your ports open, and that's not the solution since I already have those ports open.
Posted on: Mar 01, 2008, 01:15 am
figured it out, use packet version 7, ahaha, what an easy error =_=

Mohaa

:-\ Here i can Download This File,Just Give Error

The File is this MWrights_Hexed_Client_Insr.rar

MWright967

Quote from: horo on Mar 01, 2008, 08:44 AM
Quote from: MWright967 on Mar 01, 2008, 08:37 AM

Do you have a router? I forwarded/opened the ports and even tried switching off the firewall but to no avail. I believe that it works for you, but there has to be a reason why it doesn't for us. Also that page doesn't work~

I have a router, and I have to use it to get other people to connect, and I have to forward the ports...However, for a 1 person (being you) server, you don't need to forward or open any ports.

Alezales

Yeah version 7 works, i just noticed the sentence in that thread that reads:"Only use client 8_9 if your client supports it!"

That aside, anyone can post a good/easy to follow guide that teaches port forwarding?

MWright967

Alezales

If will be great if you could.I just want to have some friends sit together and talk or mess around.

Edit: Erm question, i would like to have a 2-2 class shop in a map, why cant i just create a new txt document and put it in npc/custom/  and then copy the txt in the original 2-2 shop and paste it to the new one, changing the "prontera" to something else.I have already directed using another line in scripts_custom already writing npc: npc/custom/nameofmyfile