Guide- How to Play on a Server

Started by Littlechan, Dec 31, 2008, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Littlechan

okay...since not many people know how to play on a server, I'll try to make a simple guide about it XD

first of all, you need KRO/sakray. Because almost all server need it (item sprites, etc)

you can get it here: http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=download_kROLinks

second, open the website (the one you will play)

third, follow the tutorial, download everything you need

fourth, make your ID, you can either use _M or _F for the first time, or you'll need to use control panel (CP), depends on your server

fifth, read the rules! there's no reason "I didn't read the rules please forgive me".

sixth, start the game, make your character, and , done! you're ready to play!!

additional:

don't forget to check server's status

don't forget to check if the GMs are corrupt or not (for this, you can try to ask your friend, or maybe you can try to see review on here, thought it won't help too much since there's too many unfair review)

don't be a jerk

don't act like you're smartest people

if you're having problem, you can try to ask GM, or other players, but be sure not to SPAM question, most GM will ban you if you SPAM your question, because they need time to answer your (and the other)'s questions

if anyone want to add, then please :3

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Omi

This isn't really much of a guide..

1/10 for effort.  :(

Omi

Oh, sorry, then I'll act as a newbie.

Quote from: Littlechan on Dec 31, 2008, 11:38 AM
first of all, you need KRO/sakray. Because almost all server need it (item sprites, etc)

Excuse me, but where is this KRO/Sakray?  I can't seem to find it and I don't know what to do with it when I get it.

fourth, make your ID

How will I make this "ID"?  In the game?  On the website?  I can't seem to find this either.

don't forget to check server's status

If I've downloaded everything from the server, I'm naturally going to assume it's up

don't forget to check if the GMs are corrupt or not

How can I tell if a GM is "corrupt"?  What do they do that is wrong, how will I be able to know for sure?

--

You're forgetting that the people who will be reading this "guide" won't be familiar with RO.  You could have linked to a kRO/Sakray download, you could have told people about control panels or registration pages, you're telling them to read the rules with some retarded reasoning, and you're telling them that everything will be fine, instead of giving some handy tips that say if the client crashes due to a gravity error, you should make sure that you have an sdata.grf file in their folder, to run sakray.exe etc.  You're being too vague

You're also telling them to check a servers status, also being vague, not telling them what this means.  You're also telling them to make sure GMs are not corrupt, but this is their first time on RO, so they won't be able to tell how their being corrupt and whatnot, you're still being vague.

tl;dr you're being too vague

Head Monocle of DOOM

Well I guess I'll add on to the guide.

• First of all, you need KRO/sakray. Because almost all server need it (item sprites, etc). They can be found here

• Second, open the website (the one you will play) For finding that you're on your own.

• Third, follow the tutorial, download everything you need.

• Fourth, make your ID via the method described by the website your playing in.

• Fifth, read the rules! there's no reason "I didn't read the rules please forgive me".

• Sixth, start the game, make your character, and , done! you're ready to play!!

Additional:

• Don't forget to check server's status. Most sites will have that displayed in their homepage. Just because you can download the client doesn't mean the server is currently functioning.

• Don't forget to check if the GMs are corrupt or not. This can be accomplished easily by asking the community and/or going though the server forums.

• Don't be a jerk.

• Don't act like you're smartest person/people.

Now Omi would you please read the last two points and think about it for a minute.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

Omi

I'm not being a jerk.  I'm not acting like the smartest person here.  Ironically, by you saying that, you're the one being "the smartest person"

I would so go into a long-winded speech about why this guide sucks but damn am I drunk.  (I used a spell checker for this too for your convenience)

edit: coincidentally, you just copy and pasted what littlechan said and even you are being vague. Think about it.

tisk come now lets all try to be nice Y.Y

Head Monocle of DOOM

Quote from: Omi on Dec 31, 2008, 09:10 PM
I'm not being a jerk.  I'm not acting like the smartest person here.  Ironically, by you saying that, you're the one being "the smartest person"

I would so go into a long-winded speech about why this guide sucks but damn am I drunk.  (I used a spell checker for this too for your convenience)

edit: coincidentally, you just copy and pasted what littlechan said and even you are being vague. Think about it.
I simply added on it like littlechan said could be done. To get any more specific you'll have to look at a specific server.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

Littlechan

thanks for the comment...but...no wars please D:

I forgot that not everyone know where to download kro/sakray even on RMS XD

*no, I'm not kidding nor doing some sarcastic text*

note: what's tl;dr?

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

way off topic guys
Posted on: Jan 05, 2009, 05:09 pm
cleaned up the topic a bit~

Littlechan

Quote from: JJJ on Jan 05, 2009, 08:30 PM
way off topic guys
Posted on: Jan 05, 2009, 05:09 pm
cleaned up the topic a bit~

thank you so much!!!

*bows*

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Loki

Omi's points are true but alas, nothing done on the first post  :'(
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Littlechan

sorry, forget to edit it >.<

edited~

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

WatchingYou

I don't think, that this will help a lot of players : /

Littlechan

Quote from: WatchingYou on Jan 11, 2009, 07:15 PM
I don't think, that this will help a lot of players : /

do you have any advice so it'll help a lot of players :3?

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]