Creative Editing: Most Valuable Player (MVP)

Started by bleu, Mar 31, 2009, 02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triper

Quote from: BringerxD on Apr 09, 2012, 04:00 AM
mod Triper i want to edit the
lhz_dun03 MVP Monster There but i find it can you help me Thx
I'm not the only one that can help you with this, you don't need to ask just for me to help since pretty much many others can help you with it too but I will try to help anyway xD

You can't edit the mvp sprite of bio 3 monsters that easy as said in here - http://forum.ratemyserver.net/guides/creative-editing-most-valuable-player-%28mvp%29/msg75251/#msg75251 and http://forum.ratemyserver.net/guides/creative-editing-most-valuable-player-%28mvp%29/msg74714/#msg74714

If you still want to modify them just search for the files on the grf at data/sprite/몬스터:
- SinX: eremes.spr
- LK: seyren.spr
- HP: magaleta.spr
- HW: katrinn.spr
- Sniper: shecil.spr
- WS: harword.spr
and change them to something else I think[adding files with the same name on a new grf with the same folder names and etc works too and better since if there is some error it's easier to fix and prevent errors].

If the edits annoy you a bit, here are some tricks to help to know which is which of the mvps:
- HP: Heals for 9999 always[careful to not mix this with 99 HP since both can use it]
- HW: Fire Pillar all over the place[careful to not mix this with 99 HW since both can use it]
- Sniper: Shockwave traps all over the place
- WS: Full Strips if tanked[not something to rely since it's just a 15% chance but helps I guess lol]
Others are too vague to have something that makes them be different from the normal mobs.

night1218

i only got data.grf and rdata.grf... when i extract the data.grf....i donot find any monster SPR... all in unknown language.

so i went to download the sdata.grf and extracted the spr successfully..but still cannot read the sprite changes...the poring still remain as it is.

wat went wrong.

Triper

Unicode or korean as being showed in here??

My guess is that you've instead something like . This last one is korean but you've missing the asian language pack on your OS so the OS doesn't recognize it. To fix it just read the instructions in here.

Nub~

can somebody repost the download links? @_@

scrollLock

can anyone update the 1st post, there is no more sdata.grf in the folder of KRO

also, the download links are dead, any1 willing to help

---------------------

nvm, data.grf works, also i had GRF factory

no more poring catcher, its now ghostring catcher...

Triper

scrollLock

this is weird, i followed this guide on 1 server, its not working, monster's sprites doesnt change.

is there anything blocking?

Triper

Did you prioritize your custom grf before the others? You've to do that at the data.ini.

There is also some tools that servers add for security to their servers, such as Magnum and Harmony, that block the usage of custom grfs because of stuff like nodelay.grf.

scrollLock

^
what do you mean prioritize?

bec. on the 1st server i tested this, it works, i didnt change anything in Data.ini file

but now on this 2nd server, sprites doesnt change.

Triper

So you're editing the main grf of ro for this? Usually people just add the new stuff to a fresh grf and prioritize it before the others at data.ini so the new files override the old ones when running because of the loading order.

scrollLock

i will explain how im doing this..

-- i just copy and paste the .act and .spr file into this folder   \data\sprite\¸ó½ºÅ͍  , and change the name of the monster.

thats it, this method works on some RO and doesnt work on some.

so this method is not correct?

Triper

Then you're changing the main grf of the game. If that isn't working at some servers, it's because some servers have third party tools that block edits at it.

paperOne

just want to ask where can find now the script that read the mvp sprite it self?

Tsudere

The sprite thing is just a request of a part from a files in your grfs.
it always search every grf  till the sprites is found. This is reason why there are some micro lags if you enter new areas.
The client don't care how many gtb sprites you have. What really counts is which file including this file have the highest priority. Usally it's the data folder.

So if you add a file in your grf with a higher priority as the common files, yours will be loaded at first and the standart will be ignored.

I hope this helps.

paperOne

ahhh kind the make sense but what i really want to know is the exact location of the file containing the script which control the reading of the grf. like what you said "Usally it's the data folder" but where? :( there where so many file in that folder. :(