Complete RO pack 2020 (server+client) Make your RO server in less then 5 minutes

Started by anacondaqq, Mar 04, 2017, 03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anacondaqq

Current Version: 03 Feb 2020

tl;tr: here is everything what you need if you are a newbie and want to run the own server in less than 5 minutes on your Windows PC. Everything else explained in the video and below, and in readme.txt. Just scroll down and download the whole package folder, and while its downloading, watch video above, and you will understand how easy everything are.

To make an RO offline server usually you need:

• setup and configure MySQL database
  • git clone emulator source code 
  • get from somewhere client files
  • create a database for the emulator
  • set correct permissions for database users what will used via emulator for working with DB
  • download and install Visual Studio Community 2019 with all packages (size ~10GB)
  • configure mechanic, turn off some SRC functionality and so on
  • Take from somewhere exe file, apply correct patches to your exe
  • Build a GRF with all required for exe resources and files
  • Compile the server (from sources to a binary file (what you can run on your OS))
  • Configure server-side (emulator), set proper settings, and so on to make it work
  • copy-paste your game-client files and exe to kRO game client
  • start MySQL database, run the emulator, launch game client

This is hard for newbies. Because you will do a lot of mistakes because you can't know the different details.
The package solve almost all steps above and leave to you only 2 last steps (copy paste, launch, and play)

How to make everything work (2-minute guide)

• Download
  • Extract
  • Watch the video or read readme.txt
  • Launch OpenServer and start server (Green Flag)
  • Copy-paste 1 time only game client files to kRO folder
  • Launch emulator
  • Launch game exe from kRO client folder
  • Login and play

This is super easy, is not it? I have prepared for you almost everything, to make sure that you will skip the painful newbie entry point with making it just work.
You can use this package as a template for building your own server (if you really wish to and will be stuck somewhere).

All emulators, client, repository folders are connected to remote repos, so you can always easy update emulator or client by yourself
without waiting for any updates from my side. I made almost everything what you need to keep always up-to-date emulator.

But for making it up to date, please read the section below later, this requires some steps and understanding from your side
(I did not make 1 click solution to update it, because of problems inside emulator)

Download Links

Download Links can be found only in official topic here:
https://herc.ws/board/topic/16607-ragnarok-offline-pack-2019-make-your-ro-server-in-less-then-5-minutes/

If you wish to see your friend on the server (online) you can read howto guide:
https://gist.github.com/anacondaq/3eae8e4afb5d3c3880d08b95b2c54b78

Where to ask a question or get a support?
Support, answers for common questions, faq, problem solving you can find only on official board by link under youtube video, or here:

https://herc.ws/board/topic/16607-ragnarok-offline-pack-2019-make-your-ro-server-in-less-then-5-minutes/

Bakorzero

A flower of hope — a bond tying us together
Now grows within our hearts.
Forever unwilting, it gives us the power to go on living

Hyre

I've been looking for an updated offline server like this, but it seems the download is not working and says access denied (on Evernote; RAthena works fine).

anacondaqq

Quote from: Hyre on Mar 05, 2017, 02:57 AM
I've been looking for an updated offline server like this, but it seems the download is not working and says access denied (on Evernote; RAthena works fine).

Evernote link removed. Now only link to the original topic at the board.
What about links, I dunno, I made 3 different mirrors at dropbox, google drive, and mega if it does not work for you, I can't help.
All links work fine and tested. See ya at rA board.

rapu

Awesome! I use it, and I really like it. But what need to do if I wish to update the client?

matyooh

Thanks for this! the only problem I have with it is I can't equip a gentleman's pipe, a sprite error perhaps?

anacondaqq

The topic upgraded, download links updated to latest 2019 (may) ones. Information, whole package tuned up and very stable to use.
/kis Also added a guide how to play "online" with friends. (link above).

yurnero25

Hey there op. Is it possible to implement renewal content into pre renewal server? Like having renewal item and mob database in pre renewal mechanic?

WarRO

There's a paid addon on rAthena that will allow you to execute a DB Query to add all renewal items/mobs/etc into the pre-renewal database. It's $10. :)

anacondaqq

Links updated in the top post. New place for the package (support board) on the hercules board.  /wah

anacondaqq

anacondaqq

anacondaqq

RO Pack updated to latest up to 10 April 2021 files and changes. (after around 1 year since the last update)  /kis
Details and links like always: https://herc.ws/board/topic/16607-ragnarok-offline-newbie-pack-2021-make-your-ro-server-in-less-then-5-minutes/