Community Guide: Merchant -> High Mechanic

Started by taylorotf, Jan 14, 2010, 04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylorotf

The third classes are a relatively new thing to everyone involved. The goal of this community guide is to have a comprehensive go-to location that anyone can go to, no matter what your server, what the rates are, how much drama there is, or whether you play a sprite editor, map developer, or an 'I-create-donation-items-on-my-server-to-make-money' role there. Everything will be included, from the tiniest detail of how a skill affects the mobs around you to where to level.

The wonderful thing is, I can't do all this by myself. I want the community to be able to go to one place to find what they're looking for, no matter what you're looking for. Can't find it? Is it not here? Got a better idea of where something should go? Comment about it. PM me. Find me in my servers. Email me. We'll get it done. But the best part is, I'll do my best to give you credit. This is a community guide that no one person will take full credit for. Put your heads together and let's make the best guide on this class.

Update History: Current version is always in bold.
Version 0.0.01: Added Complete List of Skills for Merchant (Credit to www.ratemyserver.net for all skill information)

--------=:Skill List:=--------

----:[Merchant Skills]:----

Enlarge Weight Limit (Skill ID# 36)
Type.............Passive    
Max Lv..........10   
Required For...Discount (L3), Pushcart (L5).
Effect...........Increases maximum carrying capacity by 200*SkillLV.   
Level   Description
1   Weight capacity +200
2   Weight capacity +400
3   Weight capacity +600
4   Weight capacity +800
5   Weight capacity +1000
6   Weight capacity +1200
7   Weight capacity +1400
8   Weight capacity +1600
9   Weight capacity +1800
10   Weight capacity +2000

Discount (Skill ID# 37)
Type ...............Passive    
Max Lv.............10   
Requirements.....Enlarge Weight Limit Level 3
Required For......Overcharge (L3)
Effect..............Allows buying items at reduced prices from NPC shops. Deals, vending shops, and chat-selling NPCs (e.g. Upgrade stone NPC) are not affected. The final price is always rounded down and has a minimum value of 1z.   
Level   Description
1   -7% Price
2   -9% Price
3   -11% Price
4   -13% Price
5   -15% Price
6   -17% Price
7   -19% Price
8   -21% Price
9   -23% Price
10   -24% Price

Overcharge (Skill ID# 38)
Type...................Passive    
Max Lv................10   
Requirements........Discount Level 3
Effect..................Allows selling items at increased prices to NPC shops. Deals are not affected. The final price is always rounded down and has a minimum value of 0z.   
Level   Description
1   +7% Price
2   +9% Price
3   +11% Price
4   +13% Price
5   +15% Price
6   +17% Price
7   +19% Price
8   +21% Price
9   +23% Price
10   +24% Price

Pushcart (Skill ID# 39)
Type..................Passive    
Max Lv...............10   
Range................1 cells   
Requirements.......Enlarge Weight Limit Level 5
Required For........Vending (L3), Cart Boost (L5 Whitesmith).
Effect................Allows the character to equip and use a pushcart. Movement speed with a Pushcart equipped is (50+5*SkillLV)% (yes, you move much slower at the beginning).
The pushcart can hold 8000 Weight and a maximum of 100 distinct items(some items stack, so count as only 1 distinct item). Pushcarts must be bought from a Kafra Employee and there is at least one present in every town and some may be found in other locations. Cost varies depending on which Kafra Employee you go to. If the pushcart is removed, it disappears and a new one must be bought. Any items in the pushcart at the time it is removed are not lost, but cannot be retrieved until you buy a new cart. To access the cart directly use Alt+W   
Level   Description
1   55% Movement Speed
2   60% Movement Speed
3   65% Movement Speed
4   70% Movement Speed
5   75% Movement Speed
6   80% Movement Speed
7   85% Movement Speed
8   90% Movement Speed
9   95% Movement Speed
10   100% Movement Speed

Identify (Skill ID# 40, iRO Name: Item Appraisal)
Type...........Active    
Max Lv........1   
SP Cost.......9    
Target........Self   
Range.........1 cells
Effect.........Identifies an unidentified item. Unidentified item must be in inventory (not cart). A Magnifier duplicates the effect of this skill.

Vending (Skill ID# 41)
Type...................Active    
Max Lv................10   
SP Cost...............30    
Target................Self   
Range.................1 cells
Duration..............Until shop closes    
Requirements........Pushcart Level 3
Required State......Requires a Pushcart
Effect.................Allows the character to set up a shop at his current location. The items you want to sell must be in the characters pushcart, and the character must have his pushcart equipped.
Be very careful to set the correct price!
The limit on distinct items that can be sold at one time is 2+SkillLV. Players cannot sell items to a vending shop, and the Discount skill does not apply.
It will close automatically if all items are sold or if the character is killed.   
Level   Description
1   3 Items
2   4 Items
3   5 Items
4   6 Items
5   7 Items
6   8 Items
7   9 Items
8   10 Items
9   11 Items
10   12 Items

Mammonite (Skill ID# 42)
Type    .................Offensive, Level Selectable    
Max Lv................10   
SP Cost...............5    
Target................Enemy   
Range.................Melee
Required For.........Cart Termination (L10 Whitesmith).
Zeny Cost...........Lv1: 100z, Lv2: 200z, Lv3: 300z, Lv4: 400z, Lv5: 500z, Lv6: 600z, Lv7: 700z, Lv8: 800z, Lv9: 900z, Lv10: 1000z
Effect.................Uses 100z*SkillLV to increase ATK to (100+50*SkillLV)% for the next attack.   
Level   Description
1   ATK 150%, 100Z spent
2   ATK 200%, 200Z spent
3   ATK 250%, 300Z spent
4   ATK 300%, 400Z spent
5   ATK 350%, 500Z spent
6   ATK 400%, 600Z spent
7   ATK 450%, 700Z spent
8   ATK 500%, 800Z spent
9   ATK 550%, 900Z spent
10   ATK 600%, 1000Z spent

Cart Revolution [Quest Skill] (Skill ID# 153)
Type..................Offensive    
Max Lv...............1   
Attack Type........[Splash Damage, 1 cells]
SP Cost..............12    
Target................Enemy   
Range.................1 cells
Knockback...........2 cell(s)   
Required For........Cart Boost (Whitesmith).
Required State.....Requires a Pushcart
Effect.................Does ATK*150% neutral-property damage to 3x3 area around your target. Enemies hit by the attack are pushed back 2 cells. The appearance is just like Magnum Break, except you also see your cart go flying over your head and hitting the ground in front of you.
Putting items in your cart increases the damage by up to 100% more (1% per 80 weight as it has 8000 weight max). So the total you could do is 250% damage.
Can be learnt from: http://ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=50000&qid=50006

Change Cart [Quest Skill] (Skill ID# 154)
Type...................Active    
Max Lv.................1   
SP Cost...............40    
Target.................Self   
Required For.........Cart Boost (Whitesmith).
Required State......Requires a Pushcart
Effect..................Lets you change the appearance of your cart. A "for fun" skill, but because the appearances you can pick is restricted by the characters base level, you can tell a high level merchant or blacksmith just by looking at their cart.
Level 1-40: Normal cart only.
Level 41-65: A Wooden cart.
Level 66-80: Covered cart with flowers and ferns on it.
Level 81-90: Wooden cart with a Panda doll on the back.
Level 91-99: The normal cart, but with bigger wheels, a roof and a banner on the back.

Loud Exclamation [Quest Skill] (Skill ID# 155, iRO Name: Crazy Uproar)
Type..........Active    
Max Lv.......1   
SP Cost......8    
Target.......Self   
Duration.....300 sec    
Cast Time...Instant
Effect........Adds +4 STR.
Posted on: Jan 14, 2010, 08:23 am
Just like the guide says, if you have anything you want on the guide or you're looking for something, just leave a comment here.

Sarin

A few notes. You want this to be complete guide including leveling etc...okay, so it has to be set for certain rates. I suppose lowrates with no custom items will be best, HR's don't care where to level, they can do it off porings if they want.

But most of the stuff has been written a hundred times already. What's gonna be new here is past WS stuff. But here sh*t hits the fan. Pretty much anything done in this area is custom, individual for servers that dare to make 3rd classes themselves. Since the info is so far incomplete, every server has to balance out the stuff themselves-skill cooldowns, for example, are still missing for a lot skills.

And atop of this, AFAIK no server implemented Renewal yet-since there is not enough info. So no matter how it's done now, in the end it'll be different.

So what's the purpose of this?

taylorotf

A couple things back:

I dont think it DOES have to be set for certain rates. If someone is playing on a 10k/10k server and they find really good spots to level at, they can put it in a comment and I'll add it in that rate's section. Same with someone on a 250/250 server, or a 3/3 server. Point is that this is going to be a big guide. HUGE even. I mean, when we're done we have the potential to print this out and distribute it. The BEST thing though, is that it will be organized. I'm doing beta outlines now on MS Word, but say you want to get to leveling spots on a 5/5 server, this would be the link flow:

Table Of Contents -> Server Rate* -> Leveling Guide

*=Variable

Depends on how deep everything gets though. Things might be a little crazy at first, but once I figure out an organization method that will get everyone where they want to go efficiently, it'll roll fine.

A big thing with your questions seems to be that things are expected to change, which is another reason that the guide will be great. It will be general, but it will also be specific. I know it sounds odd, but I want to see where everyone will take this. I'm really excited to see what will happen.

.::AsSaSsiN-X::.

yeah.. so what is the purpose of this...?
this only skill description...
if you want to make a guide to current job...
write the stats build, best equip, the best cards, and hunting place...
so your guide will help the newbie for this job....
but thanks if you wants to create a guide for newbie... in this job...

Zen!, Fury, Zen!, [glow=black,2,300][color=white]阿修羅覇凰拳[/color][/glow]...

Tom~

Quote from: .::AsSaSsiN-X::. on Jan 18, 2010, 09:01 AM
yeah.. so what is the purpose of this...?
this only skill description...
if you want to make a guide to current job...
write the stats build, best equip, the best cards, and hunting place...
so your guide will help the newbie for this job....
but thanks if you wants to create a guide for newbie... in this job...

You can make your own build.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

.::AsSaSsiN-X::.

oh...
i mean if there is a newbie wants to make a job...
its a first time he play ro...
and he didnt know what is stats for that job...
we should give a guide for him...
like its stats build.. so he knows... ;)

Zen!, Fury, Zen!, [glow=black,2,300][color=white]阿修羅覇凰拳[/color][/glow]...