Mastersmith PVM "Guide"

Started by Zoma, May 09, 2009, 11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck0Jkm2RdUA  (Yes, it's a video. Yes, it's mine.)

This is a guide that I "wrote" for beginners who are looking for the basics of what you can expect when you make a Smith... This covers a lot of stuff from PVM, like how to make money, some general places to level, fun things to do with Ice Pick, how to MVP and what weapons to use, and a lot of other stuff in video form. There are a couple of server specific things that I included in here, so things that seem out of place or wrong should be ignored, because chances are they were server specific. Overall it's not the greatest thing in the world, and anyone who's played Smith for a while now will be looking at it saying "So what? Big deal.", but I thought it might help people out who have no idea where to start.

horo

That is the best guide I've ever seen on a private server forum. There's so much misinformation and stupidity around that I honestly expected something moronic, but everything in that video is correct, and I loved that you pointed out they're the highest DPS in the game (which noone ever believes), and that you stressed the necessity of /bm.

Relics

lol horo,  you gotta stop bashing on the private server players all the time ;< cause UC this guide is good stuff.

@zoma
Awesome guide, I enjoyed every minute of it it's unlike every other guide I've read..(watched)

It's funny, informative and more importantly spot-on with my thoughts at almost all points.

Omi

An amazing guide, the only problem with this I'd imagine is that you stated "Whitesmiths are expensive to upkeep, false".  Unless you're starting in a well established server with friends or you already have gear from characters before hand, they are quite hard to maintain, and they won't be as effective.  Your guide really revolves around having ice picks and elemental axes, although multiclienting an endower sage, if possible, and sticking to carded axes would be a good option too.  I'm also surprised you didn't mention high orcs, as they are one of the easier places to level with blacksmith until you are able to one hit hill winds with level 7 mammonite, so you aren't losing that much money.

Also, for people low on money, doing the moscovia quest and killing lesavkas, depending on the rates, is also effective with just normal attacks.   You make a quick buck out of it and you get aloes from them aswell, which are also effective healing items.

Zoma

Yeah, I kept it really vague and it was sort of rushed and had a lot clipped out since I originally submitted it for a video contest. I didn't realize it would be such a big hit with anyone else, so I just made it "good enough" and didn't delve into specifics for that reason. Ironically I won first place, but I didn't win anything at all for it because the staff member who put it on quit in the middle of the contest... q_q