[Guide] Making a (TXT) Private server. <3

Started by pokket~, Jan 13, 2009, 04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokket~

Hello people. ;o

I have nooooo idea if someone already made a guide like this, but whatever.
I'm going to explain how to setup a (text based + Offline) RO Private server, where you can play around on.
If this is your first time by creating a server: you shoudn't get serious and try to get it online.

Before starting:
I do NOT own anything!
Credits to the eA forums.
Credits to BowieBowie. (Compiled eAthena Svn)
Credits to Pinky. (XRay)

Okay now let's get this going. /gg

1. Create a new desktop folder, name it how you wish. This will be the folder where your RO Server files will be kept, so I suggest something like [yourdesirednamehere]RO.
2. If you already have a server you play, copy and paste all those files from it into yourRO's folder.
If you don't play another server: Download Sakray/kRO: Click!
3. Done? Okay. Now it's time to delete/edit some, their only taking space, delete the following:
DELETE: Data (Folder - Might not be there, could be in a .grf - if so, leave it be.)
DELETE: Neoncube/Thor Patcher (Folder - Might not be there.)
DELETE: Client (That's the BlablaRO.exe/patcher.exe - This is not neccesary.)
EDIT: DATA.ini - Open it and change it to:

[Data]
1=data.grf
2=sdata.grf

-------------

Okay, now you should have a clean folder with only the Sakray files and with the .dll's (blink2.dll, etc)

-------------

4. Time to download a eAthena emulator from BowieBowie, Click here!
You will see alot of blue boxes with stuff written into it, don't bother.
5. Scroll down to (Ctrl+F): Visual C++ 2008 - Native Win32
6. Pick the second one from the list: eAthena SVN TXT - 2008-11-15   - Download and extract into yourRO folder.
7. Allrighty, time for a clean data folder and a fitting client. Download an updated Data on the same site as where you downloaded the eA Emulator. Scroll down untill you see "Full DATA" - Pick the last update.
Same as for the client; Scroll up and look for "Xray Client" (Pick year 2007!)
8. Copy and paste the .exe/client into your RO folder. But don't close the Winrar box yet!
9. Go into the Winrar again and open the Data folder. Copy and paste/extract all these files into YourRO's Data folder - Yes, Overwrite when they ask you to.
10. Try to open your client/.exe to see if it works, if not -> Pick another XRay Client.
11. Now we're almost done. go into YourRO folder and search for "runserver" - Dubble click.
12. Wait untill the map server is done loading.
13. Open the client/YourRO.exe, now it's time for your first logg in.
14. Standard way of loggin in is: (Username)_M - Male
                                            (Username)_F  - Female.

I think we're done now.  ;D
For help, (Port Forwarding, enabeling NPC's, making yourself a GM) visit the eAthena forums.
Or maybe I'll make another guide for those kind of stuff, however it shoudn't be hard to find where you are searching for.
Here is a great source lol: Click!

Q's and A's:

Q: Why can't I connect?
A: Make sure you followed each step. If you did but still can't get in: Go to YourRO>Data and search for a file named sclientinfo.
Don't have it? Don't worry, I uploaded one for you (You can edit it later, lol): Click!

Q: I can't download anything of the links you gave me. Q_Q
A: Go download Winrar - It's free. ;3

------------

NOTES:

* The SVN site in this topic is only temporary up.
The main-site is down, so if the link doesn't work, let me know so I'll update it with the right one.

------------

Have fun everyone. :3

~Pokket  ;D

Maquarie

Ok different problem this time i can't connect i have run the map, char and login servers my client works i have the sclientinfo so i don't know why i can't connect.... help please.. thanks

Pandora

Go to eAthena, and unless you're making a test server don't use a TXT one /swt
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Maquarie

it's just a server for me and i went to Eathena and it says that you can't post or make new topics...

LemonCrosswalk

I am sure there are many topics on eathena on how to make a server. Just search through the posts.

Najara

Quote from: Maquarie on Apr 14, 2009, 09:58 PM
Ok different problem this time i can't connect i have run the map, char and login servers my client works i have the sclientinfo so i don't know why i can't connect.... help please.. thanks

Did you open the sclientinfo (Notepad) and changed the number between the IP Adress to 127.0.0.1?

demon57

hmm...
Posted on: Apr 23, 2009, 06:48 am
can I atleast play this on my computer shop only not online.?
can me and my friends play this help me pls.

demon57

yeah,like ragnarok offline.just wanted it for my IP or Computer Shop.

Zelos

Are you sure this can be here? I though RMS had nothing to do with creating servers.

Najara

Quote from: CyberEyes on Apr 23, 2009, 10:16 PM
Are you sure this can be here? I though RMS had nothing to do with creating servers.

I don't think RMS does, but anyone who likes to make a guide should be free to do so, I hope...
Also, I left credits to anyone fromwhich I used something in the guide.  :)

(Note that I'm Pokket~, I just switched account and banned the Pokket~ one.)

@Demon: What do you mean? That once you've setted this up properly you're the only one able to play?
If so, yes you are. Ofcourse you can invite friend if you successfully do port forwarding.
But please visit the eAthena forums for this. This is just for a offline server.

LemonCrosswalk

I think people are going to revive this thread a bunch and then we are going to tell them to go ask eAthena. May I suggest making a big old huge letter posts that says "Any questions post at eathena" and then lock the thread?

Pow

Quote from: LemonCrosswalk on Apr 26, 2009, 02:00 PM
I think people are going to revive this thread a bunch and then we are going to tell them to go ask eAthena. May I suggest making a big old huge letter posts that says "Any questions post at eathena" and then lock the thread?

I implore everybody who uses this thread to redirect their questions to either PM to SeIene or...

eAthena

-Pow

Wut
I hope this was big enough for you to read.
[close]
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land