Wtf

Started by Relics, Sep 30, 2009, 01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Relics

Wtf
http://ro.doddlercon.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sorcerer

hurrr, I'm recycled.

Looks like a recolored sprite with a bigger/new collar.

Seriously, their skills are pretty bad?

I mean sure there's some good stuff in there, but man.. loads of AoE.

Warmer
Description: Cancels Freezing and Frozen status in 7x7 AoE and prevents Freezing and Frozen for a certain duration. Also heals the target(s) every second for some amount of hp.

Wouldn't this be more appropriate on arch bishops?

Vacuum extreme
Description: Creates a vacuum at a target cell, that suspends all targets in a 7x7 area. Targets affected cannot move until the skill has ended.

AoE 'web' lawl

Edit:
I'm also wondering if the skills are complete, cause if they are.. somebody explain the 'sorcerer' part of this class

CaramelToast

I really have to agree.  Profs are amazing in Trans classes, it was expected that they'd be amazing as 3rd class, but here they are, recycled Sprites that look absolutely horrible, with SKILLS that are like, let's pretend to be Wizards!  Warmer and Vaccuum Extreme look nice, but the class seems like a gigantic disappointment overall.  :(

Xarale

This one made me lol;
QuoteArrullo
   * Description: Causes [Deep Sleep] status on the target and surrounding cells. Disables chat while sleeping. Higher level increases success rate.

Edit: Also apparently, sorcerers are meant to be able to summon minions too.  So I'm thinking there's still more to come yet.

Relics

I know right, I'd rather play prof than this..

This class is like, support only.. in both melee and magic aspect.
Add some other weird debuffs, like poison lolwut and call it a sorcerer LOLWUT

edit:
Anybody noticed this part?

Cancels Freezing and Frozen status

from warmer lol

Xarale

QuoteAnybody noticed this part?

Cancels Freezing and Frozen status
Freezing is a new status ailment that came with renewal;
QuoteFreezing Status: 80% Movement Speed Reduction, ASPD 15% Reduction, 15% Increased Casting Time, 10% DEF Reduction.

Anyway, I wonder why they rushed this one out so fast.  With the other classes, there was a month in between each release.. yet, it's only been a week since Genetics came out.

Also, I wonder why they gave the Arrullo spell the ability to disable chat.  I don't think any other deep sleep skills do this?

Relics

Shut up or I'll deep sleep you. lol

are there more new status ailments?

Green

I like the sorcerer. It's pretty much the only sprite that looks like a trans of the trans classes, rather than a whole new class.
Look at Mage, Sage and Professor. All almost the same base, with a bit more added each time (females, anyway)

I like the skills.
And I am guessing that Warmer is a Sorc skill, since they would be heating up the ice.. with fire.. or something.

Mania

The second I saw the male sorcerer I though "Liberace"  For those who don't know, he's an extremely flamboyant performer from the 50s-70s

Luna~

Quote from: Mania on Sep 30, 2009, 02:30 PM
The second I saw the male sorcerer I though "Liberace"  For those who don't know, he's an extremely flamboyant performer from the 50s-70s

Holy crap...o_o

Xarale

Quote from: Relics on Sep 30, 2009, 02:26 PM
Shut up or I'll deep sleep you. lol

are there more new status ailments?
Yep!

[Burning] - Continually deals fire element damage over time.

[Fear] - Cannot move for two seconds / 20% Reduction of Hit and Flee for 15 Seconds

I think that's all of em.  Not sure if Deep Sleep is considered a status effect.

Maisumi

This class feels like it was rushed since its the last release (if I'm not mistaken.)

CookieEater

QuoteSpell Fist

* Max LV: 5
   * Prerequisites: Hindsight LV 4
   * Type: Active / Special / Damage
   * Description: Usable while casting Fire/Cold/Lightning Bolt, the bolt skill cast is interrupted and the magic power converges on the user's hands. While in this state your physical attacks will deal magic damage of the bolt. Higher skill level increases the damage. After a set duration or a number of hits have been dealt, the skill will cancel.
Totally not ripped from Negima, right?

Bleh, Cloud Kill and Diamond Dust are things I can live with... but this?
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Squishy

Does no one notice the practical transparent dress the girl Sorcerer is wearing?

LuTze

There are 20+ new status ailments FYI guys.
Some of the ones you might notice:

[Fear]
[Freezing] - Increased cast time, increased movement
[Burning] - Fire damage over time
[Scan] - Reduced Flee
[White Imprison] - Immunity to all attacks except ghost
[Stealth Mode] - Immunity to all target attacks
[Invisibility] - Unable to be seen, unable to use skills, all attacks are ghost property

+ Many, many more.

yC

the sprite looks nice until I saw that fat man picture  :'(

Broken Moon

SPELLFIST
IF YOU DON'T CAST THIS WITH 5 SPELLS YOU'RE NOT A TRUE SPELLCASTER

baseballGuy

^
remember sacrifice? it was one of the underrated skill long before trans class.. now you can see paladins reigning in PvP, Spell Fist will be one of those skills that will shock everyone in the renewal.

Aaronock

Hm I am not sure what kind of push they are going for with sorcs.  Is it to be a blend of magic+melee+support?  Renewal would possibly support that very much.  However I feel Shadow Chaser did that well roundedness much better...

I expect the skills to change honestly.  I like the idea of the moves, but I want them to give more direction to the skills...

mahawirasd

many of the ideas seem to come from other concepts/games (that firewalk thing... so overused imho)... not that there's anything wrong with that i guess, but still kinda meh imho...

oh and spellfist actually makes it more of an incentive to going melee... not to mention the hax +300 ATK skill /omg!!!!

and yeah moar AOE disabling spells /omg (one of them sounds so much like SG though)!!! /heh

-w-

Relics

Firewalk so reminds me of .. Diablo 2 sorcereress for some reason.

But seriously, they want sorcerers to go melee and be supportive or something q_q? there's no real offensive magic at all.

Aaronock

They want a support role out of profs over warlocks, then give us skills that prove that.
They want to give us damage skills, make it so we do real damage.  I am surprised by the AoE count, expected more powerful single target skills.

At the moment our class is turned upside down and no idea what to make of it, hopefully kRO playtesters can.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

I don't know if you noticed but female Sorc wears a transparent dress.

I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THIS IS SO HOT

By the way, 8 out of 12 female third jobs wear bikinis. Renewal - changes that matter

Loki

Quote from: Green on Sep 30, 2009, 02:29 PM
I like the sorcerer. It's pretty much the only sprite that looks like a trans of the trans classes, rather than a whole new class.
Look at Mage, Sage and Professor. All almost the same base, with a bit more added each time (females, anyway)

QFT.

Skills are a disappointing though....
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Xarale

Keep in mind that they're not done with sorcerers yet, they apparently gain the ability to summon minions too.

To be honest, I don't think the skills are TOO bad.  They still retain their anti-wizard skills, yet now they gain the ability to throw out some AoEs themselves.  These AoEs induce all kinds of status effects, which could be fairly useful in a WoE precast. (especially since two of the AoEs have the ability to stun)  Also keep in mind that these AoEs will most likely be used for their ability to cripple/inflict status effects on the enemy, rather than dealing heavy damage like a wizard.  Not quite sure how the walk skills will be effective, I guess we'll just need to wait & see them in action.

I'm a little surprised not to see more single target skills though.  Maybe these minions will come with new single target spells instead.

Quote from: Loki on Oct 01, 2009, 11:19 AM
Quote from: Green on Sep 30, 2009, 02:29 PM

QFT.

Skills are a disappointing though....
Minstrels also look similar to their trans counterpart.  It's just a clown sprite with a robe pretty much.

Green

This is true.
Minstrel being the other 3rd class sprite I like, coincidently.

CookieEater

Quote from: Xarale on Oct 01, 2009, 01:31 PMNot quite sure how the walk skills will be effective, I guess we'll just need to wait & see them in action.
Probably for running away, to make opponents walk through it.

Orange

Quote from: CookieEater on Oct 01, 2009, 04:48 PM
Quote from: Xarale on Oct 01, 2009, 01:31 PMNot quite sure how the walk skills will be effective, I guess we'll just need to wait & see them in action.

I could see it working well on monsters, but seeing as it does it 16 times the damage will probably be low unless they walk over a lot of them, which not many people will do.
:3

CookieEater

Quote from: Orange on Oct 02, 2009, 04:16 AM

I could see it working well on monsters, but seeing as it does it 16 times the damage will probably be low unless they walk over a lot of them, which not many people will do.
They'll have to if they want to catch me ^^

Poki

And I thought Paladins were big.

Omi

Quote from: Orange on Oct 02, 2009, 04:16 AM

Precast / Mobbing.    The damage is relatively high (probably the same amount as a single bolt) so it's pretty deadly if you go over many at a time.

fluidin

they might become pretty good solo mvpers.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Tom~

I love the sprite. Its just what I wanted to see :3 Best sprite, after the shadow chaser one *-*

Seriously, even if its recycled, they did a good job :D

I want to see what are those so called "Minions" o.o

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.