wish they still keep making newer jobs

Started by XxobZenxX, Nov 05, 2009, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxobZenxX

I feel that RO in general needs even more job classes.

Some classes I hope that gets invented in RO are..

Necromancer and Druid types

or any job classes that seem either a bit more sinister or just outworldly

Prejudice set to maximum

Sarin

I'd like some "darker" classes...would be fun.

Summoners, hm...I wonder how'd they be implemented (kinda reminds me of Diablo II, always wondered how's possible to summon humanoid skeleton from remnants of, for example, pocurpine...or ghost). Or shapeshifting? Changing race would be fun.
Other thingies I'd like to see would be like "endower" battemages, that would specialize on spells to buff their attack with weapons, class specialized on throwing weapons, or...hum,some kinda of antimage class with specialized skills against magic....

But chance of seeing those in RO is minimal. Best would probably be to make a server with those, but that's hellot work.

Tom~

After what Gravity is doing with 3rd jobs... no more jobs, please!

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

XxobZenxX

Sarin

true indeed, it would be much work to make each new sprites with new movement.  And speaking of Diablo 2 esque skills that could be implemented on new characters, I don't think they would allow an ability like corpse explosion and such.

And the anti mage classes would be great too, with high magick resistances and such.

and Tom

I didn't mean putting a fourth job change or nothing if that is what you got out of my topic, but something more like gunslingers and ninja but a lot more sinister or otherworldly is all.

Prejudice set to maximum

Sarin

Hum...skills working with corpse would probably be, because of their fast disappearing in RO, (de)buffs that would do something upon target's death. Corpse explosion...meh, would be fun, just use it on enemy paladin and bring him down...KABOOM. Wipe.

Oh yea, D2 skills...they'd be fun, like bone spear, frozen orb, etc...imagine those at WoE.

Getting these to game...they'd have to go through usual 1st class-2nd class (trans)-3rd routine, so they'd be as powerful and as slow to level as 3rds, to make them playable but not so easy to level. Perhaps branching them as another "main" classes from normal 1st, like...mage->necromancer->high mage->lich->great lich.

Tom~

Oh, sorry about that :x

Well, I saw a server with that kind of jobs. "The bosses lair", if i'm not wrong?

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Omni

[color=navy]Rates 20/20/20 | MaxLvl 200/120 | MaxStat 200 | 12 Characters per Account | ANTI-BOT | ANTI-WPE | ANTI-KS | Heavily Customized (Storylines, Quests, Items, Maps, Features) | WoE:SE | Homunculus | Mercenaries | Newest Features | Dedicated Server | Randomized WoE System | Endless Tower | Quest Log | Ragnarokrevolution.com

orix1357

Your best bet are servers which implement the Special Jobs from Ragnarok Online DS: Shaman and Dark Knight.
Has played in: aeRO, heRO, OracleRO, ReboundRO, AriaRO, IntenseRO, VastRO, LuminaRO, AerialRO, NyuubiRO and PumpkinRO.

Xarale

I always wondered why Gravity never implemented a job that involved use of shadow magic/skills.  There was rumoured to be a Jiang Shi class 2-3 years ago, but it never got implemented, nor does it look likely to be implemented anytime soon.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this, though I'd rather get settled into the 3rd classes first.

mahawirasd

well sarin, thrown weapons = ninja right? xP no love for the ninjas...

summoners... would be hard to really make something special coz imho an alchemist has enough variety of "summons" at his disposal...

corpse explosion = that sin skill that no one seems to use enough...

gah RO has too many frozen skills already... they really should buff that frost nova skill a bit though imho...

-w-

Idola The Witty

Ooo I wish I saw this topic earlier.
I'm not sure why but the traditional jobs get somewhat..dull after playing them for a while. Having a larger selection of classes would make things interesting once again.

Sarin

Quote from: mahawirasd on Nov 06, 2009, 08:17 AM
well sarin, thrown weapons = ninja right? xP no love for the ninjas...

summoners... would be hard to really make something special coz imho an alchemist has enough variety of "summons" at his disposal...

corpse explosion = that sin skill that no one seems to use enough...

By throwing, I meant more skills with it, and more variety. Throwing spears (and not just by one skill), axes, knives...I meant class that would really specialize in these. Ninja throwing skills are lame.

And there is not too many summons...a few static plants, and homun...I meant stuff that would really follow you around, and so...if you played D2 you'd know what I am talking about.

Corpse explosion =/= venom splasher. It's different...corpse explosion was used on corpse to make it explode for high % of its max hp (it was I think 60-100). Venom splasher just deals some damage to target.

XxobZenxX

I think the Druid and the Amazon in Diablo 2 can throw spears if I remember correctly

Also, corpse explosion pretty gory but from what I understand very damaging to the enemies as well.

Seriously though, most of the RO classes seems too "good" or "neutral." That's probably why some of us find some character classes rather dull.

Third jobs were a decent addition but it really just made you more of who you are in essence.

I mean if they made expanded classes like Gunslinger, Taekwon, and Ninja I know most of us would appreciate something like Necromancer, Druid, Barbarian, hell even witch doctor would be good too.

Prejudice set to maximum

Sarin

Amazon could focus on throwing spears, even had some unique spears for that...but any class could use some, but just Amazon had related skills.

Well, "dark" classes would be indeed interesting...but as extended, nope. They'd have to be comparable to 3rds in power, and unless you make them go through similar long leveling process, too easy and thus too played. They should be extension, not replacement.

And, witch doctor..hmm, like in Warcraft 3? "Da bi gud choice, mon"

XxobZenxX

come to think of it I think you are right about extended classes not being that great.  After all the extended classes we have now are not that great.

Posted on: Nov 06, 2009, 03:33 pm
basically if a necromancer type class was in this game I could imagine something like

novice -> cultist (i made that name up) -> Necromancer -> trans high novice -> high cultist -> Lich

Prejudice set to maximum

Speedwagon

I would have liked to see Gunslingers get their 75% worthless skilled made viable then given a second class, Artilleryman/Artillerywoman

The Artilleryfoo would use skills based on a few ideas:

1. Large AoE, high-damage skills that lose effectiveness the more people are in the AoE (The damage gets "spread out")
2. A skill similar to Rapid Shower (fast burst of damage on a target) with defence piercing/armor-destroying qualities to them.
3. Heavy one-shot damage with lots of cooldown with more exotic status effects or debuffs on hit (Think Full Buster but more interesting).
4. These skills would have drawbacks such as weapon breaking, high cooldown/SP cost, a cast time, or other things, making them situational-yet-powerful.
5. While the Gunslinger tended to focus on Rifles and Pistols more, the Artillery class would specialize more in Shotguns and Grenade Launchers.  Of course, they could always continue to use the Gunslinger skills.
6. To compensate for having a second job, Gunslinger job level would go back to 50, and Artilleries would have 50 as well.

The idea being you set up your stage, get the appropriate weapon, then let loose and completely smash somebody in with one or two choice skills.  In practice, inexperienced Artilleries would probably fumble a bit, use the wrong skills at the wrong time and have a giant neon sign that says KILL ME PLEASE as they suffer the penalties for the skills.  Skilled artilleries, though, could easily be applied to shut down Paladins or High Priests's nigh-invulnerability.

mahawirasd

i did play D2... quite a bit of it... even played multiplayer for a bit...
and yeah somehow i grew to love the necromancer class though he's weak as hell (not the summons and spells though, those are hax) while my brother loved barbarians...

but to implement those skills in RO would be quite meh just because imho RO already copied too much out of other games/concepts already... valk is a big meh to me already...

i love how RO is different from other RPGs and MMORPGs, i don't see a compelling need for it to become a clone of something...

and yeah venom splasher is like 5x5 area of 0.5*(ATK+1000%) damage... making it like the necro skill (damage based on % of corpse HP) would be crazy as it could be too easily abused in RO...

and yeah +1 to that artillery idea... i have never played GS, but from the skill desc it seems that one gattling skill immobilizes you for hax Aspd or something like that and if the same idea can be implemented for huge AoE damage but immobilizes you (just like an artillery), that would be grand...

-w-

Speedwagon

Quote from: mahawirasd on Nov 08, 2009, 09:48 PM
and yeah +1 to that artillery idea... i have never played GS, but from the skill desc it seems that one gattling skill immobilizes you for hax Aspd or something like that and if the same idea can be implemented for huge AoE damage but immobilizes you (just like an artillery), that would be grand...

The thing about gunslingers is that they have a lot of neat ideas and cool weapon concepts and similarly neat skill concepts, but none of them are really that good in practice. If those skills were fine-tuned and they were tuned to the range of about 80% of a Trans class, they could be a damn fine class (not that they aren't already, but to get one working WELL you pretty much have to try too hard)

XxobZenxX

I think another good gunslinger 2nd class would be something of a hybrid between shooting guns and stealth imo.

Something less noble than an artilleryman which would be a hitman, who unlike the artilleryman uses less brute strength and more emphasis on massive criticals.

Just a thought

Prejudice set to maximum

Omni

Quote from: XxobZenxX on Nov 08, 2009, 11:53 PM
I think another good gunslinger 2nd class would be something of a hybrid between shooting guns and stealth imo.

Something less noble than an artilleryman which would be a hitman, who unlike the artilleryman uses less brute strength and more emphasis on massive criticals.

Just a thought

I would definately like to see some type of improvement in Gunslingers. IMO, they seem to lack an originality, in terms of skills. Gunslinger's also lack in skill effectivness in comparison to other extended classes, such as Ninjas. Gunslinger definately need some improvement, whether it's a new class or Gunslingers themselves.

[color=navy]Rates 20/20/20 | MaxLvl 200/120 | MaxStat 200 | 12 Characters per Account | ANTI-BOT | ANTI-WPE | ANTI-KS | Heavily Customized (Storylines, Quests, Items, Maps, Features) | WoE:SE | Homunculus | Mercenaries | Newest Features | Dedicated Server | Randomized WoE System | Endless Tower | Quest Log | Ragnarokrevolution.com

XxobZenxX

Speaking of which, the Ninjas were also in my opinion very lacking when I used them previously.  I don't know why but they get increasingly harder to train and some of their skills are not that great and almost makes them look like weaker mages.

Prejudice set to maximum

Majinken Souga

Quote from: XxobZenxX on Nov 11, 2009, 01:57 AM
Speaking of which, the Ninjas were also in my opinion very lacking when I used them previously.  I don't know why but they get increasingly harder to train and some of their skills are not that great and almost makes them look like weaker mages.

That depends on what kind of ninja you make, but I see your point.

And yes, Gunslingers need improvement! Listen to us already, Gravity! -_-
The only way to save Modern TV: burn it in a pile, then burn the ashes, then compress and burn those ashes, then sprinkle it with holy water, then send the result into a black hole and never see it again.

XxobZenxX

and if they do listen in on this post I hope it inspires them to make new evil classes to balance out the already one sided roster of light themed characters.
Posted on: Nov 11, 2009, 07:20 am
the gunslingers and ninja have their own sets of problems but I think Taekwons are used effectively by some people from what I understand.

Prejudice set to maximum