Who's the best MVP?

Started by gcbancod, Aug 19, 2009, 08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Relics

Whitesmith is defo above sniper.. their ability to tank and dish out possibly the highest DPS only rivaled by creator makes them one of the better MvPers.

DeadOwnz

Yup! WS's just wasn't on my mind at the time but what ur saying is true.
Pre-RO

Metafalica

MS/POB'd Profs, Wiz and SN have higher DPS than WS, and sometimes even Creator if you gear for it.

Xarale

/facepalm  I totally forgot all about creators. D:...

Although they're not one of the 2 classes originally mentioned, they flippin deserve a mention anyway.  They're great at taking down lower tier MvPs solo, aswell as taking down some of the higher tier MvPs as part of a group.  If you want an MvP class, this is definitely one you should consider.

Omi

QuoteMS/POB'd Profs, Wiz and SN have higher DPS than WS

Hahahahahaha, get out.

Relics

Quote from: Metafalica on Sep 15, 2009, 04:21 PM

MS/POB'd Profs, Wiz and SN have higher DPS than WS, and sometimes even Creator if you gear for it.

uhhh, no.. srsly.. cart termination can go 190 aspd, does constant chip damage ranging in the 20-30k with the correct gear + it's melee, so it'll be better vs the overall cast of mvp's.

and wtf SN higher DPS than ws ?_? are you smoking

Metafalica

With double cast, thats 2 sets of level 10 bolts, on an opposing enemy with 2 siroma or imp and high matk, aswell as being able to hit another after that within the second because of strings, you can definately top WS's ability to deal out damage if their MDEF isn't abnormally high. I'm talking numbers. Crunch them and you'll see. CT can't out-damage double cast bolts and might barely outdamage single cast bolts. I don't see really what you're laughing at, but I got that laugh before and proved it.

WS is what 6-7k with ideal circumstances? With IP maybe 20+k? Maybe a bit more? Who knows.. I don't see that topping 10k per set of 10 bolts, able to get off more than 1 within the second, and even being able to hit 20-30k+ on low def MVPs if not more with better circumstances.. not counting double cast.. as being something that deserve "ahahahaha get out."

Relics

god im lazy today

Sleep, Sweet Child ~ PM Me if you play Diamond/Pearl Online zegt (23:21):
so?
DPS is damage per second
You can get off 1 double cast bolt and a single cast bolt with delay reduction
- Fellicia   hw zegt (23:21):
yea.. and then the time needed to recast the second bolt
Sleep, Sweet Child ~ PM Me if you play Diamond/Pearl Online zegt (23:21):
Totaling over 40k on opposite prop with appropriate cards, not counting fbh's matk increase.
Sleep, Sweet Child ~ PM Me if you play Diamond/Pearl Online zegt (23:22):
SN can insta for 10k each with no delay with strings.
- Fellicia   hw zegt (23:22):
they still get horribly outclassed by whitesmiths
magic isn't cutting it on most mvps
Definately but DPS wise
esp ghosties, or holies
I absolutely didnt deserve a HAHAHAHAHAH get out.
well meh
Since number wise It's true
- Fellicia   hw zegt (23:23):
just.. creator/ws/sniper > prof/wiz/sn for mvps
Sleep, Sweet Child ~ PM Me if you play Diamond/Pearl Online zegt (23:23):
I did the tests, DPS can exceed 40k
i find setting up a ws to be faster.. i mean it can easily solo
Sleep, Sweet Child ~ PM Me if you play Diamond/Pearl Online zegt (23:23):
Definately in the long run
while prof/wizzies/sn rely heavily on bragi/getting high cast, -aftercast gear
and sure some mvps catch 40k bolts
but most, not likely
- Fellicia   hw zegt (23:24):
ws would still 'overall' outclass prof/sn/wiz w/e
Sleep, Sweet Child ~ PM Me if you play Diamond/Pearl Online zegt (23:24):
I agree
Number wise I dont, since DPS is based on potential damage to an enemy not every enemy in the game. CT has its downsides too. HP >Def.
- Fellicia   hw zegt (23:25):
yea.. it a strange term to define
cause if you think about it
a champion no aftercast no cast
would be by your definition
the highest dps
Sleep, Sweet Child ~ PM Me if you play Diamond/Pearl Online zegt (23:25):
Yes, but I think potting doesnt count xD
- Fellicia   hw zegt (23:25):
then its up to the definition and scenario to decide who has the highest DPS
xd
Sleep, Sweet Child ~ PM Me if you play Diamond/Pearl Online zegt (23:25):
Right.
x-x
Still didnt deserve an AHAHAHAHAHAHA

haizz

Omi

Okay then.  First off, DPS is the damage per second.   Burst damage (i.e skills, yes that counts bolts because it's stacked damage, counts asura etc) doesn't relate to DPS at all.

Let me just say with super novices; you're stupid already for mentioning them MvPing.

Now to professors and wizards.   Wizards and Profs, to MvP, would require bragi, and even then would only kill the simple MvPs.  Do you see wizards storm gusting Beelzebub, or professors cold bolting ifrit?  No, because numbers isn't all it is to MvPs.   MvPs, especially all the high end ones, react to magical attacks, like a condition on ifrit is that if it's only being targeted by magic it will cast earthquake and change target.  

By your definition, if numbers was everything that mattered, then WS is still the highest DPS out there, and the best.   WS can attack all MvPs and still deal off 20k ~ 40k lexed, and thats without the proper elements to boot.   They get to use cards against MvPs to enhance their damage ( quad liberation rod anyone? no? :( ) and can get all elements available to mvps.   Wizards and professors, on the other hand, are very limited in what they can do.  Land protector makes wizard a useless character already, and professors would need a hell high amount of MATK (I'm talking 1.4k) in order to even do a single WS's hit damage with one bolt.

Now let's compare this to whitesmith, with full ad rush, elements, lex, they can easy top (damage*3) per second, and thats way more than professors because even with strings, there is still animation delay on skills so it's not completely instant.  Low def MvPs?  A high attack weapon, and the damage, again, is better than wizards.

I'm not talking about whatever high rate you play, I'm talking official gameplay wise.   Professors would not be able to do 10k per second, and even then, WS's DPS can top 80k DPS on beelzebub alone, so you're already way out there, even with the best gear possible, mind breaker (on official, again, where would you get this).

QuoteDPS is based on potential damage

Again, by that logic, WS's potential damage PER SECOND is still much, much higher.

and furthur more...

Me and Relics EXPLAIN MAGIC
Neil says:
* DPS is damage per second
You can get off 1 double cast bolt and a single cast bolt with delay reduction
*animation delay forces 1 bolt per second / double bolt
- Fellicia (R) hw says:
*ye and
Neil says:
*unless you have instant cast but then
*you'd have no agi
- Fellicia (R) hw says:
*bolts can't really be spammed unless you have like uh
Neil says:
*so
- Fellicia (R) hw says:
*high aspd
*lol
*yeye
Neil says:
*so it's like
*either
*you aspd song bragi stat food lex best gear possible for bolts breserk pitch marionette agi
*which even then will only count for 2 / 3 bolts per second at optimum settings
- Fellicia (R) hw says:
*ye
*too much setup imo
*lol
Neil says:
*yep
*and then by the time you get bolts setup
*the mvp will most likely use it's "on magic target" commands
- Fellicia (R) hw says:
*ya den ur f***
Neil says:
*yep
- Fellicia (R) hw says:
*bbye buffs
[close]

Metafalica

tl;dr because of the second insult. I also don't play high rates so you can f*** off right there, keep assuming. I'm not talking about DPS on MVPs I was talking about DPS in general. Typical, though, for your type of person, to jump right to insulting. I've already lost respect for you when you mentioned multiclienting to be a nessecity for top tier players, so what makes you think your opinion means anything to me?

You don't speak based on fact you speak based on assumption, and the fact is that most people see things in one viewpoint. My varying viewpoints contain: SN have high DPS, arn't great at MVPing but you can feel free to join the ranks and count them out. For all that is against them they are glass cannons. Wiz and Prof aswell. The fact is their damage output is wonderfully high, with ideal conditions as is with WS, they can hit high 40k on low mdef enemies and mvps with opposing element and what not and that is without any type of vit based bonus. The reason bolts don't count towards your DPS formula? I don't see it. Do you want to discredit every single magic class from the formula because DPS is all of a sudden a melee skill formula? Typical.

This seems to be a common opinion of people with their heads stuck up their asses, to automatically assess a sittuation that has anything to do with one class being better than the other, if that class contains anything to do with magic. "Magic sucks" blahblah. Sure it may trigger auto skills target changes and what not from CERTAIN MVPs, if we're making this based on the best all around MVP class it would be tied I believe between WS and Creator, I don't even go into magic classes for that (Even though AD is int based), anything to do with Thana damage will be the best MVP class even with vit mvping nerfed as it is; but the point is that the potentials arn't looked into here. Potential for high damage bolts shot from a range on certain ENEMIES and MVPS (Very few) is high. High damage bolts, rivaling top tier attacks if not sometimes surpassing them. Of course IP is going to make your damage superior. If there was a magic damage IP item then I'm sure everyone would crumble to magic classes, which is why there is none. They are already strong as is.

I think your insult was uncalled for, and ridiculous. Because I experiment the possibilities, and like the underdog classes does not make me stupid.

Omi

QuoteSN have high DPS, arn't great at MVPing but you can feel free to join the ranks and count them out. For all that is against them they are glass cannons. Wiz and Prof aswell. The fact is their damage output is wonderfully high, with ideal conditions as is with WS, they can hit high 40k on low mdef enemies and mvps with opposing element and what not and that is without any type of vit based bonus. The reason bolts don't count towards your DPS formula? I don't see it. Do you want to discredit every single magic class from the formula because DPS is all of a sudden a melee skill formula? Typical.

Ideal conditions on WS?  2 seconds for most MvPs.   That's solo too, no setup required!

SN doesn't have high DPS, low sp aswell, too low HP to survive a standard hit from an MvP.

Quotelow mdef enemies and mvps with opposing element

So if I see an amped SG on ifrit, will I see 27k per hit?  Try 12k at max, and thats with lex per hit.  SG also uses a slower attack rate, so again, WS outclasses wizard.

QuoteI also don't play high rates so you can f*** off right there, keep assuming.

You seem to either play or run this bad high rate, as you'd say judging from your posts on high rates.

QuoteHigh damage bolts, rivaling top tier attacks

I don't think you understand the difference between HSCR, asura, acid demonstration and a delayed magical skill that won't affect MvPs (I just did an optimum damage test with colt bolt with wizard on eddga, and that only did 22k a bolt unlexed.  I did the same with ifrit, 7k per bolt)

QuoteBecause I experiment the possibilities, and like the underdog classes does not make me stupid.

Because you insist that a class that is documented to suck hard is a top MvPer, yes, it does make you pretty stupid.

Metafalica

The only current running subsection of Alpha is Epsilon, I run Delta which is in construction and isn't open yet, so no, I do not. I admin, I do not play. I have no interest in rates when they exceed 40x or levels when they exceed 99. AlphaRO's Delta server is 25/25/5 99/70.Unopened, under construction. Asside from that, I played heRO for 3+ years.

I didn't list them as a top MVPer if you bothered to read anything at all in my post I said "I am not basing this off of MVPs." My answer for MVPers was Creator. Lurn2read.

PS: Joined a few high rates to educate people on how ridiculous they are, not play.

Sarin

Quote from: Omi on Sep 15, 2009, 05:43 PM
Okay then.  First off, DPS is the damage per second.   Burst damage (i.e skills, yes that counts bolts because it's stacked damage, counts asura etc) doesn't relate to DPS at all.
First off, burst damage skills become related to DPS once you're facing a monster, like MvP, where you need multiple casts of the burst skill to kill the monster. So yea, you can compare bolt and CT DPS.
Do you see wizards storm gusting Beelzebub, or professors cold bolting ifrit?  No, because numbers isn't all it is to MvPs.
I've actually seen bolter profs successfully killing Mammoth.

WS can attack all MvPs and still deal off 20k ~ 40k lexed, and thats without the proper elements to boot.   They get to use cards against MvPs to enhance their damage ( quad liberation rod anyone? no? :( )
Fail on your side. CT does not take % mods, so quad liberation axe for WS is just as sucky as quad liberation rod for wiz.

Omi

Did I say WS used AK cards?

No.

Sarin

You have said that they can use anti-MvP cards to boost their damage. AK is the only anti-MvP card I know.