Whitesmith / Mechanic
High Wizard / Warlock
Professor / Sorcerer
Creator / Genetic
Gunslinger
Ninja
Novice / Super Novice

Poki

Lord knight,  Creator,  Assassin Cross... and so on,  they are all easy to play with.  Honestly, they're all almost about click and point until death occurs.
However!  Just because many classes repeat such steps, there are ways that differentiate the strong and the weak.  Equipment switching,  location killing,  combo's,  retreating,  potting,  equipments itself,  items,  teamwork... there are many factors that show who is strong or who is weak.

As stated,  just because they have this awesome skill or the class itself has a certain build that is easy to be seen, there are many little tiny factors that stack upon each other until the make a difference between the playing level of two players.

In other words,  just because you have say... berserk... EDP... Acid demonstration... Double strafe... cart termination... and so on, it does not mean it's an easy class to play with.  So what if you have this godly skill that everyone else has?  Doesn't make you a better player.

@Ominoto I don't usually play with Lord knights, but I do know for certain that Lord knights are not that terrible as they seem. It is because that they are an all-around character that it makes them great.

P.S. if you have to rely on the class or the class' skills to be pro, then I must sadly inform you that you suck.

Mine still stands as stalker, they are also considered as an "all-arounder" for me as well.

fluidin

Actually LKs aren't that bad. And the best tank isn't a Paladin. It's a LK with devotion from a Paladin :X

A pack of marauding BB LKs are hard to kill, and during the time it takes to kill them, you're probably dead. Clashing Spiral under Poem of Bragi also gives rather high DPS. If all else fails, just stick to your best role, tank and status. Run inside enemy pack, start spamming those slims and Magnum Break them to oblivion :S
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Artariko

Quote from: Poki on Oct 28, 2008, 08:50 PM

P.S. if you have to rely on the class or the class' skills to be pro, then I must sadly inform you that you suck.

Lol...
The rich wage war, but its the poor who die.

InFlamesWeTrust

I think he miss worded it or you're reading it wrong.  He meant if you have skill you'll succeed on any class, regardless of skills like EDP or Frenzy

Poki

All I know is that you must not rely on what everyone else has access to and be better by having something or being able to do something that many can't.

Something along those lines.

InFlamesWeTrust

QuoteAll I know is that you must not rely on what everyone else has access to and be better by having something or being able to do something that many can't.

What?... So you're saying not to use what everyone else can use.  What if what everyone else is using the best thing you can possibly use?  So if everyone is using Hydra, then you shouldn't rely on that because it's what everyone else is using?

So basically you're saying to be better by being outside the norm?  Which is almost impossible in RO because everyone has naturally tried and done just about everything. 

>_____>'

Poki

Well, it's common sense to me now to use those that already appear to be the best.  What I'm looking at is the skill playing level.  Everyone has a different style in playing RO.  In many cases, some styles are better than the other.

Basically, I'm not saying you shouldn't use Hydra cards because majority of the players use it, but that if you have to rely on a certain class skill such as Acid demonstration just to prove how great you are, then you aren't that great.

And "not use" is another meaning,  I meant "not to rely on".

You can still use it, just don't rely on it to make you look pro because many can do the same.  What most can't do once again is how you play.  And by playing style, I mean how you kill, how you pot, how you spend your SP, how you retreat, how you click, how you react, how you hide, how you locate yourself, how you use your skills, how you combo, how you make use of teamwork and such.

But this also works I suppose, I don't really care that much for the skill playing level of others.

"if you have skill you'll succeed on any class, regardless of skills like EDP or Frenzy"

I'm starting to confuse myself anyways.  We'll just leave it as that.  It's much simpler.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Okay, we must clear one thing. Are you talking about PvP/WoE or PvM.

If it's PvM, yes, all melee classes are "point and click", eventually "click point and click".

If it's WoE/PvP, sorry but you're talking out of your donkey. Especailly that dude who places Mastersmith as a class designed for killing. Mastersmiths can't really do jack in PvP.

LKs are really difficult to play in PvP, you need at least two weapons(2H and a spear) and several skills and know when to switch them all(Probably also few ele armors), your main attack is BB but no one will be seriously stupid enough to let you get close to them. Snipers have Arrow Repel, snares and movement speed, Sins have cloak and skill which pretty much one-shots you(Yep), Profs just win, Champs have Snap and TSS if they don't want to simply GFist you, attacking Pals is just asking for reflect and GD/GC in your face, Creators have Homuns, are great tanks and AD one-shots most people anyway. There's more but I'm too lazy to write it all. Stalkers also have BB and possibly much higher flee and hit than you, not to mention Full Divest.

Frenzy? The moment you Frenzy in PvP you are dead. Everyone will just run away and/or disable you. You could pot but oh wait you CAN'T. Leave Frenzy to when you're breaking an Emp, and only for that situation.

I'm not saying that you can't win with LKs in PvP(Even though as someone pointed out they're all-rounders so they might have it harder) but saying that it's "point and click" is seriously laughable. I'd probably break my fingers trying to BB, CS, ST, Provoke, all this while switching weapons and armor and potting. And you're saying that they're just as easy to play as Sins who can go invisible at will and can move while invisible and have a skill which one-shots most people including LKs and can use it while invisible?

fluidin

Actually I would agree with the SinX being as hard to play as the LK. In WoE.

Really. What would you do when you see a SinX? Focus fire on it right? Do you even think it's easy for the SinX to survive when the opposition has you as a priority kill?

Like I said, to be an efficient killer (not the type where you SB one or two people, die to focus fire, and hurry back to repeat the cycle), you NEED to have skill as a SinX.

My guild has a policy of not allowing anyone other than veteran SinXs to play that class, and not unless they have decent gears (+7 Bloody Roar amongst others). Only a select elite few are given the permission to take up the slot of SinX in our guild composition. Doesn't that go against the "SinXs are easy mode" stereotype you guys are reinforcing?
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

InFlamesWeTrust

Just to clear things up a little, I was referring to PvM.

All the classes have their pros and cons.

And to end this off topicness, lets leave it at that.  We can always open another thread for this. . .

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: fluidin on Oct 29, 2008, 05:54 AMReally. What would you do when you see a SinX?

Probably wonder why the hell they're not cloaked.

fluidin

Obviously after they SB one of your guildmate to oblivion.

But you got the point after reading my post, I hope?

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Not really. Obviously some sins are better than others, be it because of experience, lag or equips, and it's nice that you're only taking the best, but what does it have to do with how hard are they to play?

Poki

All classes are hard to play.  It's just that SinX would be the easiest to look like you're capable of killing... Which doesn't mean it is the easiest class to play with as a pro, just the easiest as a nub.

florish

i gota say professor
cant remember what the skill is called but 80% chance of double cast
firebolt normally with buffs and stuff:25k
^^ the skiil on top 50K damage XD