Whitesmith / Mechanic
High Wizard / Warlock
Professor / Sorcerer
Creator / Genetic
Gunslinger
Ninja
Novice / Super Novice

Kyomi

High Priests, because they're cute as hell and I like playing support classes.

Scholars, for abra abuse. <3

Snipers, because they're an easy class to play and also good for farming shiz.

Creators, because they're also adorable. And Vanilmirth is my favorite homunculus (The shiny rainbow one, not the fugly vomit pile with wings </3). I like naming mine Ditto. :3

These are the main classes I play. If I play anything else it's purely for fun and/or boredom.

I do like to make perma-novices for fun, too.

Kester

Quote from: Ansuz Isaz on Mar 08, 2008, 06:10 PM
Professor! =D The ultimate strategy character, and the most flexible out of any character in the game.

Defensive: A well played Professor is damn near impossible to kill if they're well prepared. They can basically design their own GTB from skills, between Magic rod taking care of single-target spells, and Land Protection against AoE spells. They also have Spell Breaker, which stopped anything with a cast time. It's not too handy in high rates where Instant cast is easily achieved, but it's awesome in lower rates. In terms of offensive attacks, they have Safety Wall, and if they wear an elemental armor, they can endow their opponent to have that element, essentially nullifying damage. When it comes to battling anyone, using the Wall of Fog is amazing to dodge and reduce damage. This is also your biggest defense against Snipers that you can get. Your Energy Coat helps even further cushion any blow you might receive.

Support: Any Professor who plays full support, to me, is wasting too much of their character. D= However, they're pretty useful for it. Their endows save a lot of money and weight limit for your team mates and party members, and it allows you to constantly change it for them as you notice changes that they might be too busy attacking to notice. You can also use floor enhancements, which, while generally ignored, are actually handy. Especially Deluge. Find a good High Wizard, and the two of you will be a pain in everyone's donkey.

Trouble Maker: Your endows can actually act as a trouble makings kill - something that makes it harder for the character to do what it needs to do. If you think someone is about to use a fire endowed strike on one of your team members who as ED, change it to Earth to get rid of the fire. Not to mention Dispell, the single most irritating skill to be used against any character in the game, and the sole reason, it seems, why everyone aims at killing our sexiness the instant they see us. [ Which can be useful, as some people are so desperate to kill us quickly, they don't realize the two or three LKs and Paladins standing around you. xD ] The ability to dispose of all their SP is also full of sex and awesome.

Magic User: Pretty self explanatory. They have the strongest combo attack in the game. [ Spider Web + Stone Curse + Mind Breaker + Double Cast + Fire Bolt = One hell of a hit. However, this really isn't recommended against your fellow magic users, just in case they come out of this alive at take advantage of the super-charged magic power they now have. ] They also have the more typical attacks, and are just a general pain. Most intelligent Profs before to freeze or Spider Web their opponents before attacking, so constantly being frozen or trapped is a real irritation.

Melee User: All right, I have never actually seen anyone use this against other classes, but... Well, there aren't many characters than can do both magic and melee. =D Being a Battle Prof is one of the most entertaining ways to level yourself up.

Marketeer: This might confuse a lot of people. xD Especially on higher populated, semi-lower rated servers, endow scrolls are awesome and in high demand, due to the sheer lack of Professor players.Thus, you can rake in a fair amount of zeny playing on this fact and making yourself a scroll writer.

... Their versatility is awesome. =D Next in line for me would either be High Priests, or Soul Linkers if the server are one of those that allow us to use our magic in PVP, too.

wtf

Pierced

Quote from: Kyomi on Sep 07, 2010, 07:33 AM
High Priests, because they're cute as hell and I like playing support classes.

Scholars, for abra abuse. <3

Snipers, because they're an easy class to play and also good for farming shiz.

Creators, because they're also adorable. And Vanilmirth is my favorite homunculus (The shiny rainbow one, not the fugly vomit pile with wings </3). I like naming mine Ditto. :3

These are the main classes I play. If I play anything else it's purely for fun and/or boredom.

I do like to make perma-novices for fun, too.
Who the hell plays classes for their "cuteness". Seems like ragnarok got plagued by koreans who think everything about the game is kawaii. I play whatever class I'm told to, to help in the War of Emperium. But I prefer Paladins and Lord Knights.

DracoNuv

Ninja  ;D  ;D
FS or Final Strike Type :) :)

Tom~

Quote from: Pierced on Sep 11, 2010, 10:31 PM
Who the hell plays classes for their "cuteness". Seems like ragnarok got plagued by koreans who think everything about the game is kawaii. I play whatever class I'm told to, to help in the War of Emperium. But I prefer Paladins and Lord Knights.
Not everyone plays RO because of WoE/PvP. Ever heard of "social" guilds? Usually, chars on those guilds have characters they think that look cool. There's nothing wrong with that. And, by the way, Ragnarok is developed by a Korean company, Gravity. So... =/

Anyway. When I make chars just for the lulz or to chat, they're usually Super Novices or perma-novices. When it comes to WoE/PvP, I play support classes like High Priests, Professors and Clowns. Oh, and I love playing stalkers. The sprite is cool, and the versality of the class makes it interesting to play.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Pierced

Well I'm just not into "roleplaying" servers and never tried them. I play a game for entertainment and intense competition which in ragnarok is via WoE/PvP. I leave facebook for the social stuff  :P I just don't understand the fun of talking to people on RO but that's just me. Anyways my favorite out of pally and LK would have to be LK. Bowling Bash spam FTW!

Yomi

Stalker. :) Any Builds.  ::)
Love their looks. :P

*Now Playing: I'm inlove with a stripper by T-pain*.
[color=green]A New Genre of [color=orange]Ragnarok Gaming[/color] Experience.[/color]
[color=red]Coming Soon.[/color]

Kuprin

Sniper here. I love harassing mid, and generally being a pain in the donkey with status spam, traps, and other assorted ****. WoE 2.0 doesn't interest me much because of this, the spam numbers are just so much more important than positioning. Being the guy who **** over the other team's push is the greatest feeling in the world.
Embrace the invigorating spirit of sport! Come, fight me!

Kyomi

Quote from: Pierced on Sep 12, 2010, 03:17 AM
Well I'm just not into "roleplaying" servers and never tried them. I play a game for entertainment and intense competition which in ragnarok is via WoE/PvP. I leave facebook for the social stuff  :P I just don't understand the fun of talking to people on RO but that's just me. Anyways my favorite out of pally and LK would have to be LK. Bowling Bash spam FTW!

I have seen (And run) social guilds that do more than chat and such. Some help other players on the server they're on, or do PvM stuff (Leveling parties, MvPing, ET runs). While making new friends in the process~ It's not always about "roleplaying", as you said.

They're just not into the srs, competitive aspect of RO (That being the PvP/WoE stuff). They like the social, laid back aspect of RO (Considering PvP and WoE are not the only things to do while playing RO, nor are they the only thing that makes RO an enjoyable experience).

Myself being one of those people. ;P

But alas, to each their own. People have their own reason for playing, as well as their own interests~

I would say something in regards to the topic (For the sake of being on-topic), but I have already listed my favorite classes. :< 

Wikebine

Stalker is my favorite. Gypsy and Creator are nice too
You seem kinda mad. Why are you mad? You seem really mad, but I'm not quite sure why. Could you explain your anger using logical means? What legitimate reason do you have for being mad?

fluidin

Quote from: Kuprin on Sep 17, 2010, 06:25 PM
Sniper here. I love harassing mid, and generally being a pain in the donkey with status spam, traps, and other assorted ****. WoE 2.0 doesn't interest me much because of this, the spam numbers are just so much more important than positioning. Being the guy who **** over the other team's push is the greatest feeling in the world.

your guild/server doesnt play woe right if u think woe1 requires more positioning than woe2. lrn2hold the right chokepoints. woe1 is more of trap+precast camping. not exactly positioning to me. any1 can get the dual cp+ slow grace + traps + MS stacking thing right.

and in woe2 those LP fights requires positioning on the go anw. btw if u like to **** over the other team's push just play gypsy lol.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Pooptart

I don't play it as a main but when I want to mess around I love playing as a Taekwon. Since they came out I've enjoyed playing them. :]

uncelebrated

LK for sure.  I've been playing it recently for the first time and I really enjoy it.  My server has a stat/skill resetter, so being able to switch between BB, Spiral, and other builds makes it very enjoyable. 

I like being able to tank, mob, and do pretty good DPS in PvM.
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

kyle2009178

Clowns ftw? LOL there actualy quite the pain in the donkey and can kill people good lol.
ifrit rings,Berzerk musical instrument, some demi human dmg reductions gear. I tell ya people lol 190aspd attacks means u stun lock chars, u cast skills like bowling bash,sonic blow,pressure AND WHO CAN FORGET ASURA! and when they do get the chance to run away you can switch weps and av them or tarrot card them. You can uncloak sinx's with Unchained Serenade(Dissonance)

High Priest FTW? there good at defending in woe as well as support lol and come on people lets face it soul linked HP with 2 cookie cards and lex with the power to heal themselves like 3k+ as well has having 14khp you aint gona stand a chance on a lot of cases lol....
HP's can use Safety Wall on the emperium sanctuary, suffringam, Heal,

Most people don't do this on a HP ( cast Magnus exorsism on the portal. Next to hw's precast it's the best defense) Magnus exprsism damages chars with Evil druid cards which means they can't cloak or hide in the emperium room and if they take off the Evil druid so they can't get hit the precast with lov and sg will eat the entrudors alive lol

Any questions? lol

Noobstarr