what do you think is the best mvp job and the best pvp one :D ????

Started by laecertus, Oct 21, 2006, 06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mann

There really is no best. Why? Because we can all go back and forth giving answers saying if this person does this, then we can do that. Pointless. For MvPing AND PvP each class has the chance of getting it. Yes, even Priests and Soul Linkers. Depending on how one plays, or how they set it. Most of the discussion here seems to be the ones who take out the MvP the fastest. That doesn't necessarily mean it's the best. It's all situational.

itswilliam

Quote from: Mann on Jan 24, 2007, 01:20 PM
There really is no best. Why? Because we can all go back and forth giving answers saying if this person does this, then we can do that. Pointless. For MvPing AND PvP each class has the chance of getting it. Yes, even Priests and Soul Linkers. Depending on how one plays, or how they set it. Most of the discussion here seems to be the ones who take out the MvP the fastest. That doesn't necessarily mean it's the best. It's all situational.
I know what you mean, but we're just explaining why we think one class is best for PvP/MvP.
(Read the thread title, genius.)
AnimaRO
Kaien - Stalker

Mann

Quote from: itswilliam on Jan 24, 2007, 07:03 PM
I know what you mean, but we're just explaining why we think one class is best for PvP/MvP.
(Read the thread title, genius.)

And I'm stating why this thread shouldn't have been made. Oh wise one. If you knew what I meant, then there doesn't have to be a thought of which one is best. It's situational.

Pandora

It is situational that's true, however there are some build/classes that are better at MVPing or PVPing than others. The skills of the player also plays for a lot. Still I see nothing wrong with stating what we think is the best. It's not like we're killing each other over it, it's ok to have opinions ;)
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Mann

Quote from: Pandora on Jan 25, 2007, 10:11 AM
It is situational that's true, however there are some build/classes that are better at MVPing or PVPing than others. The skills of the player also plays for a lot. Still I see nothing wrong with stating what we think is the best. It's not like we're killing each other over it, it's ok to have opinions ;)

That's the thing though, the agreement dissipates about the opinion of something that is "better." Can you exactly explain what  better is? People can say that SBK is better. Acid Bomb is better. A Tank Priest is better. Or killing someone as fast as you can, is better. I don't think anything is wrong about thinking something is best, but when stating it, it can be countered. We all are basing our opinions off of from the experiences is in game, but it's like majority have never worked on opposing classes.

ClothoX

@mann

aww...is cool and alright.  As for the term "best" I think it refers to speed and dmg on the mvp as well as least number times of death right?  I mean, we can make assumptions.  There are classes that are obviously better than others in mvp.  Although some can be debated.  For example...on soloing mvps, priest is clearly not as good as a paladin.

and is ok if ppl think priests are best for mvp or w/e. i'm sure ppl will respect that, priest is the least likely character to die etc. 

but we can still give opinion based on the way we interpret the question right?  :P

Mann

Quote from: ClothoX on Jan 25, 2007, 01:08 PM

but we can still give opinion based on the way we interpret the question right?  :P

Sure thing. :p

What I'm sick of seeing on every server is people copying one another, and trying to make builds that can kill people in one shot, and then miserably fail at it. Efist, EDP + Sonic Blow, Martyr's Reckoning + Tao Gunka. Not much thought process are involved. There's always team work. Weapon status cards. Armor status cards. And lots of skills are not being used when they could really be devastating.

GreenHaze

shane3x

paladin, i can say why if you wish but pvp FTW!!!! and mvp ftw
In Memory of AnimaRO...

May it's legacy live on in AnthemRO!

blazingvirtuosity

Agree, best MVP character = also the worst PVP character = soul linker, and I married one =P

Neodracoola

ah i like my ol Falconier sniper the best for MVP..
whoops, this is about PVP? my mistake :P :P
well, i dunno nuthin bout pvp, never like it. i prefer boss hunting in group together w/ my fellas.

Glenn

Creator's own pretty hardcore. Acid Bomb and Homunculus ftw.
-- Ragna-Retired --

Transcend

nah i got my answer ,Champion it is.But not those asra potters one.

Crusty

I had a Pally and now a sader on a two low rate servers.....

The sader is not to good for mvp run in GC die.   Shield boomerang weak.  The other one is good forgot what it is sorry.  Auto guard will only prolong your life. so heal yourself or hope the mvp is dead heal it.  sader not in mvp.

As for pvp maybe, for not against sins or sinx I gotta resort to my GC cause thats what I use.  As for bashing another knight its almost like equips and build vs equips and build.

Thank the gods the pally gets more skill points use shield chain and some slotted sword hopefully.  Keep distance from your Lk and use shield chain use berserk endure and provoke if he gets close quickly cast gospel and uncast and go bashy happy or HC.

Pally cant be of much use in mvp for me sorry.

Landorin

In my experience, one of the best (if not THE best) MVP classes is High Wizard. If you have a decent cast time (130+ DEX), you can usually root the MVP with Storm Gust while freezing/killing the spawns, so you won't have trouble from them. It's not foolproof, wind and holy element MVPs (i.e. Mistress, Randgris) will be hard with an SG build, but most MVPs will fall while you take minimal damage, it's just a matter of patience and not running out of SP. Kiel D-01, Ktullanux, and Gloom Under Night can all be soloed for EXP, while most anything under them can be killed easily (excepting the aforemented Wind and Holy elemental monsters).

Otherwise, Champions, Creators, and Snipers are good.