Great starting PVM duo

Started by fluidin, Sep 08, 2009, 10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metafalica

The ifrit thing was sarcasm. Most of that post was sarcasm because I feel "Oh I can Multiclient, Priests are useless," to be a statement that is severely detrimental to RO, since I play priest often.. so I stopped being serious. Moscovia wasn't serious, because I know how crawling it is with every kind of lazy f*** in the book. Getting a mob, or killing things there, one hitting Lesh/Woods means you're probably better off going to higher levels. It was more-less a poke-fun at the people who stay the forever, but I suck at showing sarcasm.

The bolts thing was serious, I do find no cast no delay bolts to be fun :x

Sidenote; Played iRO until I decided to save up my money.

Anyways, My favorite PVM, as stated before, is two SLs. I think its really fun, to be completely honest. Cheap, sure, SP intensive, sure, but fun. On one of my servers in the past I had a guild entirely made up of male and female Soul Linkers, and it worked really well for MVPing.

Omi

QuoteI do find no cast no delay bolts to be fun :x

then you might aswell go sage.   i don't even know a wizard with a level 10 bolt on iRO (a good one rather)

fluidin

hm? im talking from a pvm standpoint here. the truth is, if you're able to multi a priest effectively it's better to have 2 killers and one multi-ed priest than 1 killer and 1 priest.

btw, how the hell am i supposed to get rid of my 12 cell sight range.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Omi

you could edit the client if you wanted, but you'll realise that the 12 cell range really helps when it comes to woe / mvp / pvm quests in general.

fluidin

o_o i prefer to have the freedom of zooming in and out instead of being restricted, thanks.

u have any links to the hex codes for iro valk?
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Omi

no, because no one hexs the client, again because it makes the game run easier and makes gameplay a lot easier too.   Just you wait and see when you're in town with a range beyond 12 cells, don't cry to me when your client lags to the point you cannot play at all.

Metafalica

Yeah isnt there like some sort of moral law against that on RMS? If there isnt, there should be.
The client is the way it is because its beneficial, in the end, it lets you know your max range so you dont randomly walk up to an enemy when your range is fine or have that idiotic delay.. It also helps with lag because your sight isnt absolutely crazy to the point where your client can't handle loading 60,03849230482394 people's effects.. and forces you to effect off to even be able to run it right.

It seems like you're trying to make the game easier. MTC Priest, Hexing etc. Why not just play normally? It works fine for everyone else.

Omi

QuoteMTC Priest

Everyone multiclients priests when soloing, fluidin wouldn't be the first.  Hell, I MC a Prof, High Priest, Gypsy and Bard when I'm leveling x__x

fluidin

i suppose i should get used to the 12-cell range.

cos yeah, the lag is pretty damn bad.

also..meta, you really believe multi-ing and hexing is about making the game easier? ic. no point discussing this with u then.

DeadOwnz

you never ever go wrong with priest and Assassin/Knight/Hunter/Anything the reality a good priest makes u invincible. And don't duel client with priest. duel client's are for soul linkers lmao.
Pre-RO

Omi

Quote from: DeadOwnz on Sep 12, 2009, 01:49 PM
you never ever go wrong with priest and Assassin/Knight/Hunter/Anything the reality a good priest makes u invincible. And don't duel client with priest. duel client's are for soul linkers lmao.

What?  Priest doesn't make you invincible.    Dual clienting is for any class.   I dual client Professor, Gypsy, Bard, High Priest, Soul Linkers, Blacksmiths, Alchemists, Paladins...   Anything that makes my job easier.

DeadOwnz

its tedious switching back to priest and knight because your duel clienting,when its eaiser to just party with a friend
Pre-RO

Omi

Maybe you find it tedious, I find it better than partying.

Metafalica

Lets pretend that Meta never ever mentioned two soul linkers being a good PVM duo and go on a rant about how much it sucks to play alone, with your own buffs, resorting in using loopholes to recieve them so you can get on with your life. x:

Maybe Japan and Korea are right about lowering the difficult on any and all non-asian releases of games, so Americans and the like can fully appreciate it. Lets americanise RO so they can play it to.

The above statement is sarcasm.

DeadOwnz

lol, u sound so serious.

Second 3 letter post, I don't allow these types of posts, so don't do it again.
3 day warn
Pre-RO