good class against champion 99/70

Started by vlemzgwapo, Mar 01, 2013, 01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinkNoodle

A half-decent champ with appropriate gears and decent gear swapping skills can kill anything on a fair 1v1. By fair, I do mean without pots, prebuffs, consumables or whatever. (Yes, you can kill a prof without needing blue pots. There is some luck involved but it's possible)

In parties, champs are more limited and much more of a 1hko ground-control oriented class rather than an attrition killer. In order to kill something, you need to know its weaknesses and being an avid champ player myself for 9 years now, I can tell you that the one thing that champs will ALWAYS have a hard time with is handling multiple targets. They're by far the most dangerous class you'll have against you if you lack GR and they need to be disposed of first. Web, dispell, Safety Wall, Wall of Fog, Pressure, Soul Burn... All of these skills will go a long way against helping you fight a champ.

IMO, champs aren't as much a threat in WoE/BG as they are in PvP if they run solo. Champ can be an excellent class in either if paired with a decent partner like a linked clown (If the people on the other end have GRs) or a linked Gypsy (If the people on the other end lack GRs). I have wiped entire mildly geared guilds (10-20 people) along with a partner this way in WoE, I assume the same could be done in BG on an unwary party.

Bottom line is, focus on the champ first in GvG.