best class for new low-rate server?

Started by iduppe, Jul 14, 2010, 10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iduppe

Next friday a new p.server opens in my country, it's going to be a low rates (5/5/5).

And I'm wondering what class would be better to start from scratch..

I will be able to self-support myself with a heal/agi/bless slave
I was thinking about a taekwon/sg because of the low cost of equipment (they can play naked, so..), but maybe there is a better alternative..

what are your opinions about this?

DarkDevine

For me the very first characters I create are a wizard for farming and a merchant for selling, to get a financial base.

If you play alone I would suggest playing a thief or archer class, those classes are the ones that can level alone the easiest.
Swordman class (knight, at least) can train alone very well, too.

If you don't want to create 3 classes to begin with, just create a Rogue.
A rogue (on a melee build) has decent flee (thief class), decent damage (backstab), can avoid monsters easily (tunnel drive), AoE (raid) and can earn loads of money through snatcher.
Rogue is fun, anyways.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Pandora

I find Hunter is a great starting class and can easily help you hunt items for whichever class will be your main. They do fairly well with simple npc equipment, you can buy silver and fire arrow at a npc, as long as you stay far from mobs or trap them you don't need any healing item, it's a very cost-efficient class as a secondary character, if you want to make it your main and get optimal gear for it then that becomes expensive fast however.

A merchant for over-charge, discount and vending is also a must, but it's not useful as your first character, I recommend making that 2nd, once you have stuff to sell.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

yC

I like to start out as mage because you can easily get to lvl 70+ with just a rod or even a knife with a cotton shirt.  Cheat as many novice potions as you want with novices if you want to save even more.  Also, you don't need to sit and wait for hp like the melee class.  Save a lot of time.  You are going to be in the red in one or two hit anyway.

An archer is my second choice but I don't like to spend on arrow when my pocket is tight.

Depend if you like to play a mage class or not, don't pick a class that you don't like to play obviously.

A mage/wizard/sage help to make you some zeny to start other characters later.  While you can sell your loot and buy nothing else other than flywing.  You can use that initial zeny to take advantage of the start up economy of the server.  Buy some cheap card, cheap ori/elu while you can.  Once the server takes off everything will be so overpriced.  If you have good sense you can treat that as "investment" since you can buy low at the beginning and sell high later on.

Aaronock

I actually am gunna oddball this a bit but I'm going to say a Magical Ninja.
You'll be mediocre to terrible lower level but by mid levels (40+) you'll be fine. 

Granted this ninja won't get you very far in the LONG run but starting out will be great with Fire Dragon Formation and Cicada shell and Ice Spear. 

You even can play in Splendide map with Pinguicula if you play really well.  You may want to farm a shinobi sash+ninja suit combo to help with SP cost but you can always bwing and go into the Mid Camps again if need be.  With the splendide map you can try to get Ropes of Unbalance to sell and Pinguicula Corsages.  You can farm Rach Sanc around 70+ and try to get Isillia Card and Vanberk also for selling.

Mathy

I've found Wizard to be the best starting class for people like me. Arrows are too boring IMO.
Merchant with Discount and Overcharge is needed. Get Item Appraisal/Identify if you plan to use it just for that.
Creamy is a must, Vitata is optional.

But for fast money, Archer class or Thief class at the Hill Winds.

Sugar

Hunters are probably the most typical starting out character that everyone makes when they first start out a server. Already mentioned above, hunters can easily hunt your zeny and your gears. The plus side is you can hunt while you're trying to level up.

But personally, I always try to make a theif class first just because they are so fun to play in both PvM and PvP. I find that with a sin, you can hunt your zeny and equips just as efficiently as a hunter anyways. Though, partying with other players might be harder as a sin.

iduppe

Evenescent

Make an assassin cross, you'll be killing everyone in pvp. Assuming everyone else have not gathered much equipment YET, magic type shouldn't do much against you for their slow casting time. You'll be dealing at least 4k ish with each soul breaker.

DarkDevine

Quote from: Evenescent on Jul 19, 2010, 02:25 AM
Make an assassin cross, you'll be killing everyone in pvp. Assuming everyone else have not gathered much equipment YET, magic type shouldn't do much against you for their slow casting time. You'll be dealing at least 4k ish with each soul breaker.
You obviously never played a good low-rate server.
Soul Breaker delay ftw, even High Priests would wtfpwn you
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Evenescent

I've played 2/2/2 server for a long time. He did say it was a new server. A hight priest without gear can not recover hp faster than the damage soul breaker could deal. A good high priest can tank a good sin cross, but a pro sin cross can kill a good high priest.

DarkDevine

Quote from: Evenescent on Jul 19, 2010, 10:27 AM
I've played 2/2/2 server for a long time. He did say it was a new server. A hight priest without gear can not recover hp faster than the damage soul breaker could deal. A good high priest can tank a good sin cross, but a pro sin cross can kill a good high priest.

Hello Pneuma.
Goodbye SinX.

Classes a Sinx would lose to in ANY case:
Sniper; High Priest; Champion; Stalker (If Full-Stripped on time);

Classes a SinX would lose to in most cases:
Lord Knight; Paladin (If not FS)

Classes a SinX would have a hard time with:
Clown/Gypsy; Wizards (If they can tank one soul breaker); Professor (If they can tank one soul breaker)

There are some more, but that'd depend on Equipment, e.g. TK Ranker, where a Sinx would just be blown away after FSK and kick spam.

You see, a SinX is pretty much useless.
It's a good emp taker, it's a good PvEer and on Sonic Blow Builds with EDP + Soul Link (If not on RE because of halved damage) he can wtfpwn in PvP (like a nub) and good for MvPs, but far nothing you should use to begin with and especially don't run in PvP on a Soul Breaker build if you have one of the enemies mentioned above.
Soul Breaker is a better PvE skill than a PvP skill because of the delay a.k.a your death-time.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Evenescent

Kay well we all have our own opinion so let's just keep that to ourselves. I'm just stating what I've experienced and seen before. Just curious what do you think is the best class then? Don't say there isn't one.

DarkDevine

You just said it.
There is no "best" Class.

Every Class of Ragnarok is useful and good in it's own area, only together they create an undefeatable unit.
There is no class that can kill every other classes (Not on low-rates, that is).

Like a SinX can't defeat a Sniper in any way, a Sniper can't defeat a High Priest in any way (Seen from the classes and skills, not the equipment and the play-style of its user)

Every class has its disadvantages and advantages, if there would be a "best" class, everyone would play it, wouldn't they?

It's easy as that.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Evenescent

Depends who plays the class and how good they play it + equipment. My favorite is still sinx though.