3rd Class Discussion

Started by asdfqwerty123, Aug 31, 2007, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Littlechan

can neko say cute? XD

but...neko think this topic has to be merged with the other one? o.o?

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Descent

Am I the only one who isn't blindly jumping for joy for these so-called "3rd" classes?

After reading over the skills list(not to mention looking at the sprite, which looks like a re-edit of the current GS outfit), I have to say...not impressed in the slightest.

Quote from: Littlechan on Jan 23, 2009, 04:18 AM
can neko say cute? XD

but...neko think this topic has to be merged with the other one? o.o?
xD good point, i forgot about that

Quote from: Descent on Jan 23, 2009, 08:10 AM
Am I the only one who isn't blindly jumping for joy for these so-called "3rd" classes?

After reading over the skills list(not to mention looking at the sprite, which looks like a re-edit of the current GS outfit), I have to say...not impressed in the slightest.
to be honest, im pretty much expecting the third classes to break the normal RO ish mechanics, but thats why they have the renewal ^^;

Sarin

So far 3rd classes fulfill my pesimistic expectations. I wanted less nukes, more tactics, but expected just the opposite. And it comes...

A92FL0163

Quote from: Sarin on Jan 23, 2009, 10:18 AM
So far 3rd classes fulfill my pesimistic expectations. I wanted less nukes, more tactics, but expected just the opposite. And it comes...
I'm also sad about those updates, but maybe they have changed the mechanics making nuke way less viable? They have changed mechanics a lot, they must have changed nuke too.

Rudolph Zyaber

You know you're kinda right.  So far I'm not really impressed.  Though the two classes I am looking forward too the most is the Mechanics (hopefully the next class done because I heard someone say something about them following the job ID order and Mechanics are after Warlocks) and the Rangers.  I wanna see what kinda stuff they do with the wolf.
Bleh

A92FL0163

F*ck Wolfs, Combining Traps is what Rangers will be all about.

CookieEater

Quote from: Parameters on Jan 22, 2009, 10:33 PM
(LOL WOW LOCKS)
Sure, ignore the fact that draining life energy is a typical attribute of Warlocks in mythology in general.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Sarin

I think you confuse it with Liches. Warlocks, generally, are evil wizards.

A92FL0163

Wait a second, Warlocks will have bubble/personal immunity like H.Priests (White Imprison, you can just pot out 2000 HP) and AoE Strip(Earth Strain) now?
Also, someone noticed that Warlocks will have 3 skills that give a slow or Agi/Dex reducing effect? It's that some kind of Paper killing Scissors? Just see:
Quagmire: 25% Agi/Dex Reduction, Speed Reduction. Marsh of Abyss: 15% Agi/Dex Reduction, Speed Reduction. Frost Mist: ASPD Reduction, Speed Reduction. Along with a Strip.
And, I have a question, someone know if Recognized Spell will work as a Maximize Power for Wizards or it will work like a High Wizard Card?
QuoteSure, ignore the fact that draining life energy is a typical attribute of Warlocks in mythology in general.

I couldn't resist doing that, every time I see a RO update it remembers me of WoW, I'm sorry. :(
Hoping HP Drain won't be like that Old Assassin Vampire quest skill, God damn, that thing was annoying at the point of every assassin going from SBK to Vampire. >_>

I was going to say something about the classes being way too Imba (See: Comet), but I think the class will be rebalanced along with the New Mechanics. (Doddler have already posted that Demon Bane and the other skill that comes along with it could REALLY turn you into a Undead/Demon Killer)

Totally unrelated and stupid quote from Wikipedia
A warlock is a colloquial term, often used to describe a male witch. Historically, the word warlock means "deceiver", whereas the word "witch" can be applied to both men and women, taken shamelessly from Wikipedia. And I accidentally the whole meaning of the thread.
[close]

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: Sarin on Jan 23, 2009, 01:40 PM
Warlocks, generally, are evil wizards.

Warlocks are male version of witches.

They should've named them Sorcerers, really, casting comets on people is not what witches normally do imo

Head Monocle of DOOM

Wel the definithions of sorcerer, warlock, witch, and all those levels are hard to identify because there are so many diggerent fantasy stories with different idea's on how the heirarchy works. For instance in The Warrior Heir sorcerers make enchanted items and wizards command the high magics.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

WIKIPEDIA SAID IT'S TRUE SO DON'T ARGUE

A92FL0163

Oh, Comet, I believe it will had a giant effect that will lag everyone around. :'( Not AoE Spamming in Town again.

Omi

With the renewal, the classes don't seem that broken actually.

Without the renewal, I can see warlocks doing about 200k comet attacks.