Wings

Started by Khaine, Dec 31, 2009, 03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like wings in new private servers?

Yes I love wings!
11 (22.4%)
Ew! I hate wings!
15 (30.6%)
I dont like them if they're too big
20 (40.8%)
Depends on the rates!
3 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Khaine

do you like wings?
Quote from: Serenity on Apr 09, 2010, 04:17 AM
I'm just trying to get laid.
Quote from: HiddenIts time for kickin donkey or chewing bubble gum. And i'm all outta bubble gum.

Relics

Kawaii

Custom Hats ;) Not wings :X 1/10

Chimichanga

I think wings contradict their own purpose since their real purpose is to be a customized entity. Practically every customized server has the same wings. They should work on better customs. Hats are being ripped off as well from what I've seen...

Green

Yes. Yes I do.
Since they are usually on lower headgear, and there are very few natural RO lower headgear selections. Wings allow me to have lots more colour matching room!

Khaine

personally, I'm fine with them as long as they're not HUGE!
Quote from: Serenity on Apr 09, 2010, 04:17 AM
I'm just trying to get laid.
Quote from: HiddenIts time for kickin donkey or chewing bubble gum. And i'm all outta bubble gum.

DeePee

Don't like any of them. Big ones are the worst, but I don't like small ones, either~

Revenant

Depends on the wings themselves. If they're tastefully done and not too obstructive, sure.
For the love of god, people, stop posting topics about recruiting staff on this forum, or indeed any forum. If you really feel the need to publicize the fact you're incapable of running your own server, and as such, must rely on someone you know nothing about as a crutch, be prepared to deal with the consequences, as people who go deliberately looking for GM positions are most likely as dumb as the inept server owner in question, if not moreso.

People offering paid services may or may not be screwing you over, depending on the product. Web designers? There's quite a good few out there; many take time to do their work, and charge quite a bit as a result. Just be sure you're not getting someone elses' website, rebranded for quick cash. If you hire someone to do things such as install customs for you, give up running a server. You're wasting time and letting someone take advantage of your stupidity.

[1] [2] [3] [4]

DeliciousItaly

Not fond of them myself. The popular ones are always to big.

I prefer pretty ribbons and drooped Kafras. :3

.::AsSaSsiN-X::.

why you guys doesn't like wings.....
i think wing are very cool....... /no1
but if that wing too big i dont like it too....

Zen!, Fury, Zen!, [glow=black,2,300][color=white]阿修羅覇凰拳[/color][/glow]...

Krow

I hate wings, I don't know why, I just don't like them, I mean if a server had 1 or maybe even 3 wings that where ridiculously hard to obtain, then maybe but other then that I pass on any server that has wings in it.

I mean if every one in the server is wearing a pare of wings it just looks messed up and crowded buts lets say the server has 1 or 2 wings that not every one and there brother has a pare on, it makes you want the item even more, and adds a sort of uniqueness to your character. 

Majinken Souga

It also doesn't help when wings give +30 to all stats on a mid rate. Even 20 is a bit excessive. I would leave it at +10-15 if that.

I'm fine with wing design. It's the stats that I have a problem with.
The only way to save Modern TV: burn it in a pile, then burn the ashes, then compress and burn those ashes, then sprinkle it with holy water, then send the result into a black hole and never see it again.

blast

Some of them are good like the devil wings,so i love them.

Lei

I don't like wings that are too big, especially if everybody has them on. It blocks NPCs, other players, vendors etc. And those with poorly made designs (sorry). >.< And wings that give uber high stats too. That's silly. @_@

One of the custom wings that I liked are those little angel wings (whatever you call them). So cute!
Lend me 100 yen since I'm beautiful.

What is this I don't even

Nish

I really only like wings that are smallish in size.. Like the butterfly wings they are nice.

I used to play HyoRo, FrostRo which had Death sets etc and if you had 5 people in town it gave the illusion of 50 people lol.

So yeah I got pretty tired of massive wings.. Nice custom headgears and smallish wings are fine with me ;)

Kore

I totally despise it. It ruins the view when 50 players wears it and at the middle of pron all the same time. 

Loki

Too big nono.

I <3 FBH Custom.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Mizuari

I choose I hate wings and the reason is "I dont like them because they're too big"... xD

[color=limegreen]MizuariGFX[/color]
[color=green]Graphics and Coding Services[/color]

[color=#4d86bb]Looking for :[/color] [color=#07ab49]Source Coder[/color] | [color=#6b8f1d]Scripter[/color] | [color=#db7029]Human Resource[/color] | [color=#2a05a1]Story Writer[/color] | [color=#be3696]Spriter[/color]

Elenaya

Some of the wings are nice; however, most of them are terribly done.

Either they're far too huge, the coloring is horrible, or at a 3/4 or side angle, the wings are horribly drawn.  That goes for about 90% of wings created for private servers.

BuBuChaCha

i never really liked custom wings, but there's this specific custom wing that i like: Omega Wings (aka. Butterfly wings on other servers).

Kaezar

RO is already pretty as it is... There are tons of old, new or server-specific official headgears out there that look even better than wings. You just have to match them with the other headgears, sprite, colors, etc!  ;D

Spuznik

I dont like the time it takes to aquire them. they give people who injoy quests a huge boost and they are usually too big

Yukino

I love wings <3 Especially Lovely Wings. It goes so well with Fox Ears and Lively Fox Tail =D. -Nobodytakesmy/Keion'scomboplease-

I like wings that aren't as spread out (fairy and pixie wings I suppose). They can match other customs and colours really well depending on the user's tastes and fashion skills ;).
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

cheese

Some look really tacky. But some small ones are not that bad.

The Rape

Wings for personally style-defined looks are fine
aka
I like them wings depending on what I want to look like in RO

Kyomi

I'm okay with wings as long as they're done in good taste and don't melt my eyes. :x

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

I wanted to post something in this thread for the longest time, but couldn't really get down to it. So I decided to keep it simple.

Nish

I like wings but not big ones.. I played a server with "Death Sets" which pretty much made you huge, looked cool and all but they were so big and even you had like 10 people in town with the same gear it looked like there was 100 people lol.

But now I like small wings like butterfly wings.. Just nice small ones that don't take up alot of space.

Kei

When playing on certain highrates, I sometimes get the feeling that they forgot to add the on-equip scripts atcommand "@size 2", "@specialeffect 1-500" "@autobroadcast" on the huge wings.

Biggest wings we added on HMRO for players are 'Baby Angel Wings'.