When did you start playing Ragnarok Online?

Started by yC, Mar 11, 2012, 10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When did you start playing Ragnarok Online?  Be it Official or Private.

2000 or before
2001-2002
2003-2004
2005-2006
2007-2008
2009-2010
2011-2012
2013-2014
2015 or after

iDowngrade

About 2006, i dont know but for some reason i suck so bad even though we are on 2013, i just enjoy the game alot.

Roda Frog of Sakray

I vaguely remember things when I first started because I was about 8 years old, but I vaguely remember prontera being 3 maps and Bapho being a giant monstrosity. It was probably around 2002ish. However, I have very good memories of RO before 2-2. I still remember assassins cloak being against walls only and the poison tree skills being so bad that literally no one took them. I had the misfortune of maining assassin right before they came out with rogue.....seriously gravity?.. assassins can only cloak against walls but rogues can go anywhere? I ended sticking to iRO sakray because I had friends there, but I think my days playing official servers may at last be behind me. iRO was great back in the day, but now I wouldn't recommend touching it with a 10 foot pole. Anyway, I still love RO pre-trans....it's too bad there are rarely any pservers 3x rates or below that are non-trans. Not getting into the seemingly prevailing mentality of only wanting to try servers with 200+ people. -_-
Triper is really awesome! For real!

Gaele

Back then, I wasn't so sure about online games. To be honest, RO is my first online game and I was quite stupid playing it. I received an SS card one time and slotted it to my arc wand. I didn't know the value of cards back then and yeah. I was quite ;______;

P.S. I was laughing at merchants because they had big tummies and also I didn't like (until now) the hairstyle 0 of both male and female characters @-)

Yoshino

Back in 2006. I even used to sneak out of home just to play in an internet cafe and my cousins used to hack me since I was the youngest long ago. :P

Kaeru

Back in 2006, october I think! I had to ask someone to install me the full game becase I didn't knew how...  /swt

Skyglass

I first started playing Ragnarok on a Mid-Rate server whose name I've long since forgotten, but I believe it was around 2008 or 2009.

Before that, I did play much earlier, but not really enough to count since I just created a character and ran around confused 'till I quit.

Wasn't really until 2008/2009 that I really got into it because my boyfriend insisted I play on the server he was on.

Kolby

I think it was around 2003-2004, I saw my brother lvling in gef_dun00 and killing the poison spores which use to be there. I got hooked since and played MRO and ERO(Malaysian original servers). But in 05' my uncle discovered the world of PServer so basically I moved there since it didn't cause money and I was taken aback when I lvled up so fastt
Searching for friends is hard
Searching for companionship is harder
Be grateful to those who accompany you
On this Road, like the Wayfarer(A Person Travelling) finding it's way back home!

Playing since: 2004

Kibou

hi!
This was iRO beta, no cards, no jobchange. MVP with my Acolyte lv 62, my weapon was just my fist(nice attackspeed xD).
Date: 2002/05/09

yC

Oh god, acolyte were that good before?  I never notice that.

Triper

They were considered kings@MVP since they could hit and heal. MVPs at that time had no skills too so it was a different scenario.

DjTeddySpin

It was during xmas 2003 when my friend handed me an installation disk.... and the journey began...
My Old Emblem Request Thread [color=red](Closed)[/color]

Ponta

Nice to see, there's quite a few people here that started playing in the early stages  /ok

I actually started playing RO waaay back during the korean Alpha. I can't even remember when that was, so I chose 2001-2002, but it might even have been earlier than that. I remember alpha being terribly laggy, even though there were no more than a hundred people playing. Still the game was good fun, even though there were only 2 classes back then apart from the novice, as far as I can remember. (Swordsman and Acolyte I think). There were no more than 20 enemy types and maybe 10 maps or so. Classes had no skills either, so being an acolyte was kind of useless.

Alpha didn't really last that long though and korean servers were quite a pain to play on anyways, so the next time I played for an extended period of time, was during the european beta. Later I played on the second euRO server Loki and finally quit the game, before transcend stuff came out. I haven't played since then, but now I feel like trying it out again, to have a look at some of the new content that got added.

rakuzas

2000 - That time RO still new in Malaysia..
2001 - I start play but Sakray only..
2002 - Start play MRO (Malay Ragnarok Online)/Malaysia Official Server
2003-2005 - Really active.. Even join WoE.. And have own Guild..
2005 - Quit Because many of my friend quit and cannot afford to buy credit to play..
2008 - Play some private server
2009 - Play private server (different)
2011 - Play iRO (international RO) got banned due Bots  /heh
2013 - Open own Private server..  /ok

mickiedeez

I started  in 2004 at the tender young age of 12  /ok
Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.

Ein

I started playing Ragnarok PH (Official) when I was 5 years old (back at year 2003).

It was pay-to-play that time. I went to an Internet Cafe to try playing there, stared at a Windows XP desktop, and the first thing I saw was Ragnarok Online. I was the youngest one playing there. The people around me was good too. They helped me start, and basically, gave me some items which I don't remember what is it, and they paid for everything like my rental fees and bought me credits (for unknown reason) so I can continue to play.. I think I played 7 hours with them (or less). Ever since, I haven't played much and uh, went to hiatus. I only came back on 2011 when a friend invited me to TalonRO.

P.S: To those guys, thank you very much  /bo
too lazy to design a siggy