When did you start playing Ragnarok Online?

Started by yC, Mar 11, 2012, 10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When did you start playing Ragnarok Online?  Be it Official or Private.

2000 or before
2001-2002
2003-2004
2005-2006
2007-2008
2009-2010
2011-2012
2013-2014
2015 or after

RageFight3R

/?? /?? /?? AHAHHA I Started playing when i was about 9yrs OLD... and i was a bit inlove with the graphics that time.. boy this game is old ahahahaha! but this game really brings back memorise like cutting classes /heh heh /heh

oniwashu

As I recall I started playing 2007 up to present. Still loving the game, I played it during free time and it never fails to thrill me with such enjoyment.  /lv

pusanginamoy

Chilly

Can't remember if i started in 2002 or 2003, i played one of the open beta tests for a few months until it went pay to play, then did a ton of free trials for a few months before quitting RO completely until sometime around 2006-2007 when i finally discovered private servers.

Void

D•Dare•Devil

Started played around 2003.. /gg. This Game is the reason why i don't get Higher Grades when i reach High School /wah.. Even my classmates come with me and don't go in the room instead in the computer shop just to level our characters /heh. When we got in the room, after we eat our food in the Recess Time, we pretend to be Characters in Ragnarok and fight each other.. We throw papers that is crampled into circle and pretend to be a Mage   /heh

Sorry for my ENGLISH. RIP  /heh

Remmi

2001-2002. 2002 To be exact. Played for 2-3 years in the official. Stopped, played other MMOs - there were just too many to pick from!, and played on and off for short period of times and eventually settled in TalonRO two years ago.

Marcello

ebRO. Man those were the days. Too bad it had to be the way it was but I'm going to leave that in the past.

Wave

Official Thailand servers, each categorized server, for instance 'Lydia' had 40-50k+ players online each time, back in 2001-2003, it was very intense, and I have fond memories of those times.

My first job class was a Swordman, afterwards I fell in love with the Archer.

Brulikrax

WoW, second, well, I'm not like most of you. For example in my homeland we started hearing about
the client MMOs around 2004~2006, because the Internet was rather limited before these dates
(it wasn't unlimited and with slow seeds like umm... 0.5~1Mbps). And most games back then went
under the radar.

Later I heard about RO from a site, but been P2P was the turm away point for me (poor country =
poor people = poor university students). Back then my attention was focused on "Luna", "Runes
of Magic", Archlord" and "Guild Wars" up untill a fatal electrical shock that send me back in the
"stone age", left with a low spec laptop 2 years ago.

Several mounths before today I stumbled upon a private server of RO with a healthy population,
in any way imaginable. Since that day I had and still have plenty of fun and the people are cool,
thou it seems I don't have much time to devote in. I will say that it's a low rate hosted from USA.

applecidervinegar

How is it possible that some of you guys started playing RO in 2001? I only knew the beta test of kRO came out in 2001, so unless you guys were playing the open beta of kRO, its impossible you guys started in 2001.

But yeah those were the good times, especially 2001-2004. Where people were playing and enjoying the grind because the community was so huge the grind didnt matter because you could make friends everywhere you go and enjoy farming/leveling with one another.

Thailand had 40k players in official? Thats insane. Must have been real laggy.

But too bad we cant find any MMORPGs like these anymore. People just dont play MMORPGs like these anymore and i dont think anymore of such MMORPGs exist.

Sad.

btnx

I remembered when there was only 7 cities and when comodo came out

globalro

it's been a long time a go.. around 2001-2002 when i'm still in a middle high school

Bunny

I played a super long time ago, but I can't remember when, exactly.  It was right after Trickster started to implement their cash shop and added new job classes and maps, and the server was turning less and less fun.  The guy I was with at the time got me to try RO, and it was really fun.  <3  I remember going to Yuno a lot and just grinding out on geos... @___@;;;;;; Ew.... I think there was always some annoying harpy or hill wind or something in town that for some reason liked to camp the portal or spawn point, too.  Not fun on a low level that can't kill stuffs.  >o>; 

Zia

Way back 2003.

Can't believe it's been that long. I just can't help but keep coming back to RO.  /ok