Play Official Free Server
2 (10%)
Play Official Premium
3 (15%)
I already quitted RO >_>
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

LiteX

Out of curiosity, what would you do if somehow Gravity found a way to kill all pservers?
Would you play iRO Valkyrie despite all it's penalties and handicaps?
Would you shell ou $12/month for a premium server?
Or would you just quit RO and hate Gravity completely?
And how do you think this will affect the officials?

For me, I would just play the official premium ones,
And affecting the officials, I would base my theory on pouring 1000 small cups of water in a jug of water,my guess, is that alot of servers are going to get 5-digit player count again (I can see iRO Valkyrie may end up getting 6-digit player count), or, they could make new servers ( I imagine this at iRO server select:
iRO Chaos
iRO Loki
iRO Iris
iRO Freya
iRO Thor
iRO Sarah
iRO Valkyrie
iRO Baldur)

Soo, what would you guys think would happen? Chaos? Madness?
PS: Please do not flame me calling me a pserver hater, this is just a what if question >_>, and do not start the "Gravity tried sueing eA once and lost" thing again, this is, again, a what if question
ライテ‐エクス

caramel

If Gravity found a way to kill all pservers, I would play the official premium ones again and continue to hate iRO.  :D

Pandora

I don't think I would wanna play a 1x (or even 1.25x) rate servers, a lot of people who play midrates, high rate, shr and even low rates would find it too tedious to go back to painfully slow rates.

I would probably find another game (lord knows there are a ton out there) or finally start working on my own game project that's been lingering for ages.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Brainstorm

Return to WoW or Perfect World.
Gravity has screwed RO way too much for my tastes, i wouldnt accept being forced to play on their s*** aegis servers.

lol i'd learn korean and play on kRO XD
on an actual character not a novice =P

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Well nothing would change, I don't play on pservers anyway.

Relics

I guess I'd just stop playing RO..

don't like grinding/leveling on lowrates.

A92FL0163

Orange

Stop playing RO, official servers are not going to be touched by me because of bots.
:3

Hrist

I'd quit and probably play another game. Like hell I'd go back to the insane hellfest just to get to level 60. Plus the bots! FFS kill the goddamn bots.

Ayu

I really, really disagree with the official server's kafra item approach too much to really join, and no time to grind at 1x although I don't think that I'll mind it due to real life job. I'll probably fully move on to play Alteil or move to some other games with friends on heRO.

Zelos

Quit RO. I'm not a fan of Low Rates. So I would never play 1x.

Hrist

Kafra shop RO isn't even 1x/1x/.05

Its more like .75/.50/.05

You have to buy the points to get good gears though like the black valk helm and other crap. I hate lowrates as well since the rates are choppy and the servers are poorly maintained. The people who donated for RO Valkyrie even had the GMs disconnect a rival guild when the castle is about to break. The rival guild weren't unable to log back until the end of WOE.

This is a true story. Its up to you to believe or not.

LiteX

Quote from: Hrist on Apr 11, 2009, 03:19 AM
Kafra shop RO isn't even 1x/1x/.05

Its more like .75/.50/.05

You have to buy the points to get good gears though like the black valk helm and other crap. I hate lowrates as well since the rates are choppy and the servers are poorly maintained. The people who donated for RO Valkyrie even had the GMs disconnect a rival guild when the castle is about to break. The rival guild weren't unable to log back until the end of WOE.

This is a true story. Its up to you to believe or not.

According to iRO Wiki, iRO Normal server went x1.25/x1.25/x1.25, Valk is the one who is x1/x1/x1, it is not actually a "donation", it is pretty much a "purchase", but even if I had to choose to play either Valk or a random x1/x1/x1 server i'd choose Valk, even though pserver admins listen to people's opinions (Gravity is doing it too, according to iROWiki forums they are only doing it for Europeans and Koreans), side's i wonder why everyone is complaining about grinding, yeah RO is pretty much a major grindfest and it's drops rates, heck, 0.01% drop rates is something that scares alot of newcomers (For f's sake, getting a card in RO is harder then to find a shiny pokemon), but if you've check what's happining in renewal, it should take a begginer about 2 months to get a 99 Trans character, let alone people who've played for more than 4 years (But Gravity DID change RO into another mess with the leveling readjusting thing), and WoE on the officials have been real buggy lately, if Gravity does shut down all pservers, they would need to clean up the officials of all the bugs and incopetent staffing before i join...and renewal >_>
ライテ‐エクス

Relics

Thing is, I play to PvP not to level/grind for gears.

RO has, in my opinion, one of the best PvP systems for mmorpgs.. and a sloppy leveling system.
ever since the updates, leveling is now a breeze but items are still amazingly hard to get which results in 99/70 chars sparse on gear.

LiteX

Quote from: Relics on Apr 11, 2009, 05:38 AM

RO has, in my opinion, one of the best PvP systems for mmorpgs.. and a sloppy leveling system.
ever since the updates, leveling is now a breeze but items are still amazingly hard to get which results in 99/70 chars sparse on gear.

QFT!
RO has a variety of classes (1 Novice, 1 Super Novice, 3 Taekwon Type, 2 Expanded, 6 First Classes, 13 Second Classes, 13 Transclasses which result in 39 Classes, add the High First classes and novices to make 46, add the new 13 third classes and it would make 59) each with different roles, it's leveling system had a very stupid curve once you hit the 90s, but with the addition of BioLabs and Thors, 99 a character is a lot easier than before, the only thing bad about items is that: etc items drop in the 10%-100% chance, usable items drop in the 1%-10%, and all the good things are inbetween 0.01% and 1%, it's not that bad with RO's fast-paced battles, but trying to get a card that drops in 1/10000, IMO, gravity should forget about the bubble gum and make something that makes the drops easier to get, so yeah, Gravity really needs to start fixing alot of these problems after 3rd classes come...
ライテ‐エクス

Quote from: Relics on Apr 11, 2009, 05:38 AM

xD you can say that again!

usually i end up having around 3 trans characters before i finish the gear hunting for just one of them

Dean Stark

I'd quit. Rates w/ more than the official (or at least 10x) is what keeps me going. Plus pservers are free too.

Descent

I don't play much RO anymore nowadays, if Gravity were to nix every P. Server in existence and force people to play officials, I would just stop playing RO.

Would give me more time to focus on Capcom vs SNK 2 and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, which both have upcoming money tournaments for me.

A92FL0163

Considering PServers are way more advertised over the net than Gravity Officials server.

Dauphine

I'd just quit Ragnarok. I only hang out as much as I do on my pserver because I GM there and made tons of cool friends there, which keeps me interested.

Edan the Man

Quote from: Dauphine on Apr 13, 2009, 02:26 PM
I'd just quit Ragnarok. I only hang out as much as I do on my pserver because I GM there and made tons of cool friends there, which keeps me interested.
Same for me :P

ShadowSappy

I would most likely quit Ragnarok in general. Valkyrie is majority bots and isn't exactly stable in lag terms. As for the premiums, I would pay but I don't think its worth it in the long run.