Info?

Started by Lokeal, Nov 04, 2011, 05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triper

About what? I just see someone owned by:
- a champ using speedpot[not sure on this but probably is something around that]+sight asura
and
- bolts from a sinx using cold bolt[if isn't cold is fire seeing the bolts he throws being fire first, can't see what he is using at 100%]+elemental sword combo

Seems that you're new to that or to pvp so I will try to explain what you're missing that is making you go wtf when there is no wtf and just being smart and know how to play a champ.

Sight > Ruwach, Horong card ftw. Range of Sight > Ruwach[5x5 vs 7x7]
Speed potion[aka SpeedPot] makes you walk super fast for some seconds, you get them normally by doing a quest at lighthouzen[or whatever is that town called, guide available at irowiki].
You click at someone when sight reveals you, speedpot +/- at same time and BAM, you got owned by a basic SpeedPot Asura!!

It looks like you got owned by something extremely fast when in the reality is just a super high dex cast with a fast movement thing on with sight on.

Lokeal

Well to me this looks like he is snap dodging then asura'ing next to him straight away
Also it's the elemental swords with cold bolt scrolls that's what triggers from the start :P

Triper

Ok, I downloaded the video to be easier to spot stuff since youtube is a bit limited about what I like to do on videos.
There is no snap, I even checked frame by frame[well there is but not when you think there is].
He does snap,sight, walk, asura, you die.
One of the players is probably lagging[the player recording this lags at second 25] or there is something hidden as packet edit or something that the server has that the basic eathena pack doesn't. I tested even the same range with long mace and yep, that range is stupidly huge.

He looks indeed, based on what I tested offline, that he uses speed pot[or some walk boost or packet edit] because the speed is possible to achive but that range isn't possible normally, at least with my knowledge from how the game works ._.

leokimah

RO has the worst position lag of any game i have played. So you can take that into consideration.

Also it is already known that if you time a /sit macro properly you can asura right after a snap.

Triper

Rofl, I can't believe that's the answer[it even made me remember of a clip about it from relics I think that I though it wouldn't work anymore] :|
I just tested it and it indeed works, if you time the sit very well you get an asura right after you use /sit the second time and it ignores the snap delay of 2seconds. I just don't get the long range of asura but yep, must be the lag lol

Relics

It's not body relocate asura. This champion is using a very old technique to position lag yourself. It looks like he's at a long range, but in reality he's way closer. he's doing this by hide->unhide->move->sit cancel while moving.

Not 100% sure though, but I can definitely say it's not body relocate to insta asura, or a speed potion of sorts that closed the gap between him casting asura and lokeal. (Maybe a speed pot was used to position lag further)

Triper

Same way as the ruwach bug? Snap offscreen and you enter in a state where you can ruwach people that are in the previous place you were and they get revealed?

Relics

yea

(not enough words qqq)

Lokeal

Taught myself how to do it basically what you need to do is, body relocate in the cell next to them or wherever but as soon as you click to snap click sit then you wait for the snap delay to pass then just click asura on them it's a pos lag bug ;D

Relics

Thought so, I've done this before but never thought to utilize it like that. Although it seems arbitrary vs an experienced player.