What keeps RO running after all these years?

Started by Kokkoro, May 31, 2021, 08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plarr

It actually takes 2gbs of hard drive space to run originally that was 600mbs...

Mmm, could be nostalgia, or it could be real dopamine, unadulterated dopamine. So much is still left undone, and farming galions is all I do on pre-renewal servers that or go to dragons nest. . . Is that nostalgia??

Apih

LOONOOR

rubie123

Stop overthinking it people. It's just a simple and fun game, and time doesn't change that.  /lv
--------------------------------
RMS NEEDS A MAKEOVER!

BaphometRag

Yes that is it. If it was bad game it wouldnt last

Playtester

For me it's mainly because RO has features no other MMORPG ever implemented right. Like the completely non-linear progression and the fact that monster have (almost) no local spawns so you actually have to walk around maps and explore to find more.

I'm still waiting for an MMORPG that really gets it right, so far everything that said it's inspired by RO failed completely at it.

Also I think the emulators really help this game because being able to customize your experience is something really valuable. Up to the point where I wonder why no company did just does it themselves yet. I would think that for example if a streamer could have someone set up a customized server for him where all the viewers can join in seems like something that could go viral.

Kris

- can't find a SI
- can't find a job
- can't afford next-gen consoles 

/thread
2k21 Return

Wosi2

Its probably a mix of all the above.

Great game,
Low Hardware requirements,
No worthy successor
And nostalgia